What's new

Pakistan & China vow to boost strategic ties

Does anyone know what is the trade deficit between Pakistan and China?

Yep, here is a fairly recent article. :tup:

Asia Times Online :: South Asia news, business and economy from India and Pakistan

Annual trade has increased from less than US$2 billion in 2002 to $6.9 billion, with a goal of $15 billion by 2014. China, which has surpassed the European Union as Pakistan's second-largest trading partner, exported goods worth $5.5 billion to Pakistan and imported $1.3 billion worth of products.

So we're running a surplus, and not a very big one. The bilateral trade will probably end up being more balanced in the future.

Yes, so true, Mr, Shakespeare, not everyone will be as lucky as Indians got hundreds of "English classes" from your white slave master.:D
Prease take time to rearn Engrish and then come back seven years rater when you can write a proper response.

Tanks.

Well this 'Brotherhood' guy is a Sino-Japanese hybrid so who knows how the hell he speaks.

And you wanted to discuss "accent" :lol: have your beloved PM show enough yet? since you claim your superority in English, please tell me whats the different with "hybrid and bastard"?:rofl:

Total ChiPak trade is $6.8 billion, of which $1.3 billion is Pakistani exports to China and $5.5 billion is Chinese exports to Pakistan.

Trade deficit is $4.2 billion, but that doesn't matter because China is Pakistan's eternally grateful master.. I mean ally.

:pakistan::china:

Total ChiPak trade is $6.8 billion, of which $1.3 billion is Pakistani exports to China and $5.5 billion is Chinese exports to Pakistan.

Trade deficit is $4.2 billion, but that doesn't matter because China is Pakistan's eternally grateful master.. I mean ally.

:pakistan::china:

I don't know why you're so upset that China and Pakistan are getting along?

We're all cooperating right... so what's the big deal.

So we're running a surplus, and not a very big one. The bilateral trade will probably end up being more balanced in the future.
Does China have trade deficit with any country? :lol:

Btw Thanks for the link CD. Found a couple of interesting points worth mentioning here.

Critics say that the official amount of Chinese exports to Pakistan do not reflect the real, larger, scale of Chinese goods brought into the country, and that China's trade surplus is expected to increase as Pakistan has less to offer in the way of merchandise.

This is a similar trend that I have noticed with India as well. There are a lot of goods that make their way into India through Nepal and they are available in the Indian markets for dirt cheap price but without any warranty though. I myself have bought a few of them from the "so called grey market" :P

we indians dont like chinese becouse we feel inferior ,i even feel like a low caste here in sydney they call me bud bud ding ding,and all kind of nasty names such as i drink cow urine,imagine my shock ? we get stick from everyone even our white masters play games ,am sick of it ,am planning to move back to my starving country................no wait ive got second thoughts ,starving not for me, am all ready weak just eat veg , maybe i got to suck try harder beeing white for my white master,yea that should doit no more bud bud ding ding i hope them auzy start respecting me, they even like the lebaneze better than us becouse they look whiter than us superpower indioans an emerging super power:rofl: :lol:

Last edited:
@Dezi, in addition I would say that having a trade surplus does not necessarily mean the economy is doing well.

Japan has a trade surplus, but they have a stagnant economy. The USA has the biggest trade deficit on Earth, but they are actually doing better than Japan.

So it's a combination of factors really. Even in China, exports only make up 36% of our GDP. Other factors, such as domestic consumption... are often just as, or even more important, than trade.

Interesting... I was always thinking that China does not have any trade deficit with any country in the world.

The US trade deficit is huge :eek:.. no wonder they are pissed :P

But Taiwan was expected if you consider their semiconductor manufacturing prowess and all electronics would need a few chips at the least. Wonder what are the items of import that cause such a large deficit with Japan and South Korea. Are they technology and heavy industrial items?

Any insights of how Pakistan can reduce its trade deficit? I mean what are the main products imported to China from Pakistan?

Back
Top Bottom