What's new

Pakistan, China sign contract to manufacture a new version Al-Khalid-I tank

What's hampering PAK's total indigenization of the AK tank? I believe PAK should do a sole R&D and develop a completely new prototype tank just to test the experience & home grown tech of domestic industries. But then again U guys R short on cash thanks to WOT.

Pakistan has indigenous capability to manufacture AKI, for the new version of AK, AKII Pakistan is co-opting with China getting important technology from China.

Problem with developing a brand new proto-type tank and platform is it is not cost efficient and would take too long, and AK platform already satisfies the needs of PA so no urgency to develop new platform.

Though I would like to see Pakistan evaluate Altay tanks from Turkiye and see if they are beneficial for Pakistan and give Pakistan a decisive and technological edge over regional threats in regards to tank warfare; and if so procure at least 50 (with transfer of technology) of them as a specialized cavalry unit.

Any news when we will see the completion of the first operational AK II? I can't wait to see this beast, Pakistan is also said to be cooperating with Otokar and Aselsan along with China on the AK II project, so we can expect AK II to have some Altay tank DNA in its design and electronics.

Mon, Dec 31, 2012 17:10 CET
Pakistan and China today signed a contract to manufacture a version of the jointly developed Al-Khalid-I tanks.

First developed in the 1990’s, the tank was introduced in 2001 with the new version equipped with has improved capability and systems.

The contract was signed by Pakistan's Heavy Industries Taxila and China's NORINCO at the Ministry of Defence Production.

The joint marketing of the Al-Khalid tank with China would open up potential markets, the statement said.
China, Pakistan To Manufacture New Version Of Al-Khalid Tanks : Defense news

Norinco+New+MBT-3000+Tank.jpg

If i am not wrong that's new concept NORINCO accepted by Pak army.

2804pmhg9.jpg

Very Sexyyyyyyyyyyy Design:smitten:

China providing critical parts for new version of Al Khalid Tank

I thought China's assistance was only as far as the MBT-2000/Basic Al-Khalid, after that everything would be made in house?

If China is going to assist us in the development of AKI and AKII does that mean:

1). AKI was a incomplete project and not a complete one as some people here were suggesting in the past?

2). Pakistan lacks the indigenous capabilities to develop and assemble vital components for which we need Chinese assistance?

ISLAMABAD: State-run companies of Pakistan and China today signed a contract for manufacturing the Al-Khalid-I tank, the latest version of the combat vehicle jointly developed by the two countries.

The Al-Khalid tank was developed in the 1990s and introduced in 2001.

The new version has improved capability and systems, an official statement said.

The contract for making the new tanks was signed by Pakistan's Heavy Industries Taxila and China's NORINCO at the Ministry of Defence Production.

the source actually confused al khalid II with al khalid I.
Because al khalid 1 was in prototypes stages in 2008 as is the picture posted in the forum
while we saw the mass produced model of al khalid 1 in Feb 2010

this one actually is al khalid 2 with modification and turret possibly like mbt3000 and 52 tonnes weight

i just hope the turret is like mbt3000.or similar

and most important the bustle autoloader

I thought China's assistance was only as far as the MBT-2000/Basic Al-Khalid, after that everything would be made in house?

If China is going to assist us in the development of AKI and AKII does that mean:

1). AKI was a incomplete project and not a complete one as some people here were suggesting in the past?

2). Pakistan lacks the indigenous capabilities to develop and assemble vital components for which we need Chinese assistance?

AK1 is already developed and in mass production as well

Ak1 prototype picture from 2008
xwlHi.jpg

AK1 mass produced one
alkhalidi.jpg

9jqedi.jpg

the source may either have repeated the MOU signed in ideas last year again
because it doesnt make sense since ak1 is already in mass production

which means the news is about ak2 nt ak1

HIT should sign a contract with Chinese to design, develop and manufacture next gen. Main Battle tank, Self propelled Howetzer, Different types and kinds of APC and other equipment needed along with our local engineering industries to involve as they can become supplier groups to they Military...

Ukraine is also actively participating in AK/ AK-1 and AK-2 development along with China, contract was signed in 2011.

I would like Pakistan to concentrate on a state of art " fire and forget " Anti-Tank Missile.

Ukraine is also actively participating in AK/ AK-1 and AK-2 development along with China, contract was signed in 2011.

Why is that ?

Wouldn't the Al-Khalid be a direct competitor to their domestic tank manufacturing industry & besides we don't have much in the way of cash to pay up so why are they interested ?

PA has good terms with them since the T-80ud deal, due to this cooperation, AK is so different to a usual MBT 2000 version. Details have been discussed in info pool thread.

Back
Top Bottom