What's new

Pakistan, China sign contract to manufacture a new version Al-Khalid-I tank

Awesome news :cheers:
Pakistan rails have 50 working engines for a country of 190 million. But who cares of railways we need to first build tanks with Chinese help.

Its a heart warming news that Al-Khalid I has entered production phase and will be jointly produced by Pakistan and China. Although Pakistan can manufacture Al-Khalid I on its own BUT this joint venture is to open international markets for this tank, as stated by the main post.

The testing of Al-Khalid I (AK-1) was started in April 2009.

In AK-I variant, Ammunition capacity increased to 49 125 mm rounds, 1,500 12.7 mm rounds and 7,100 7.62 mm rounds.

AK-I Incorporates modifications made to the fire-control system, sensors, IBMS, side-skirts, track pads, auto-loader (rate of fire increased to 9 rounds per minute), Ukrainian Varta electro-optical jammer (disrupts laser rangefinders, laser designators and anti-tank guided missile tracking systems), Sagem third-generation thermal imagers and improved air conditioning system.

Pakistan rails have 50 working engines for a country of 190 million. But who cares of railways we need to first build tanks with Chinese help.

troll aleart....:o
well if u even have 10000000 rail engines they are not gonna save during an attack...
well for ur info railway and army in Pakistan are under two different ministries....
we r ashamed of corruption in railway in Pakistan...
well Pak railway will be in much better position if it wasnot under corrupt people...
am sure maybe pakistan will be launching bullet trains...
well this all condition of Pak railway is due to corruption...
otherwise it has a proper and good share and workshops and infastructure to buy and maintain engines...

How come? why its not possible just like JF-17 deal.

MBT AND AK R FOR DIFFERENT ROLES WITH DIFFERENT DEF SYS...
DIFFERENT GUND as AK use Pak orign gun...
different armours having maybe different engines....
and such many minor changes....
thats why Ak is a different product for different orign and can't be marketed with MBT 2000 as of their roles in warfare....

Why not, we have to secure our borders first....These engines n such things r temporary issues will be solved with the passage of time.

Mon, Dec 31, 2012 17:10 CET
Pakistan and China today signed a contract to manufacture a version of the jointly developed Al-Khalid-I tanks.

First developed in the 1990’s, the tank was introduced in 2001 with the new version equipped with has improved capability and systems.

The contract was signed by Pakistan's Heavy Industries Taxila and China's NORINCO at the Ministry of Defence Production.

The joint marketing of the Al-Khalid tank with China would open up potential markets, the statement said.
China, Pakistan To Manufacture New Version Of Al-Khalid Tanks : Defense news

Norinco+New+MBT-3000+Tank.jpg

If i am not wrong that's new concept NORINCO accepted by Pak army.

2804pmhg9.jpg

I'm confused ! Are we going to jointly :

(a) Manufacture a new version of the AKs.

(b) Market a version of the AKs.

(c) Manufacture & Market a new version of the AKs.

Two PakDef tweets today. Onensaying at Jordan and Bahrain are evaluating the al Khalid, and that the Bangladesh mbt2000 crew will be trained Pakistan.

The second said that al Khalid 2 will be equipped with the Chinese 1200 bop engine and southkorean and German gearbox, with the German 1500 bhp engine being cancelled.

Doe we have any more news on this, especially the engine? Why would HIT cancel a more powerful engine over a weaker one?

Thanks
ndad
P.s. who posts the tweets?

Pakistan Army related discussion: Jan ~ Dec 2012

I'm confused ! Are we going to jointly :

(a) Manufacture a new version of the AKs.

(b) Market a version of the AKs.

(c) Manufacture & Market a new version of the AKs.

China providing critical parts for new version of Al Khalid Tank

Nice, does this mean AK2 design is already completed and now it is ready to manufacture?[SUB][/SUB]

What's hampering PAK's total indigenization of the AK tank? I believe PAK should do a sole R&D and develop a completely new prototype tank just to test the experience & home grown tech of domestic industries. But then again U guys R short on cash thanks to WOT.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom