What's new

Pakistan can be world's best Test team - Mohsin Khan

fd24

Reaction score
Interim coach Mohsin Khan believes Pakistan have the ability to become the best Test team in the world.

Pakistan beat England by 72 runs in the second Test to hold an unassailable 2-0 lead in the best-of-three series.

"This team has the capacity to become the best," said Mohsin. "But we have to perform in other parts of the world."

England need to beat Pakistan in the final Test of the series to be sure of retaining their number one spot in the rankings at the 1 April cut-off.
Should England lose, they will finish on 118 points and South Africa will take over if they win all three Tests of their series against New Zealand in March.

If England draw the final Test in Dubai they will end on 119 points but still lose their status at the top of the rankings, by 0.01 of a point, provided South Africa sweep the Black Caps.

Pakistan are fifth but if they complete a 3-0 series win over England they will close the gap on India and Australia in third and fourth to only three points.

"Our target should be to gradually come in the top three in both Tests and one-day, and then gradually go to world number one," added Mohsin, who was appointed temporary coach after Waqar Younis quit last September.

"When I came as coach I knew that this team had talent in abundance so my first priority was to make them mentally and physically strong.

"We won a lost match on Saturday, but the kind of belief and self-confidence this team has shown is great."

Pakistan have won eight of 14 Tests under Mohsin, losing only once, and have been victorious in three series.
India and Australia are level on 111 points but the former is ranked third by a fraction of a point despite losing the recent series between the two 4-0.

Meanwhile, Mike Hussey has revealed that Australia regularly speak about reclaiming the number one Test ranking from England.

Writing in a column for a Perth newspaper, the 36-year-old batsman said: "There's no hiding our ambition.

"We want to reclaim the world number one mantle from England. How often do we talk about it? Every day."

However, Hussey acknowledged that Australia have plenty of work to do if they are to build on the victory over India and bridge the gap to England.

"This series has been a great stepping stone for us, but as captain Michael Clarke and coach Mickey Arthur drill into us every day - it's the beginning of a journey," he wrote.

"India [were] ranked the number two Test team in the world so it's been a noteworthy performance.

"But we know there's a huge improvement to be made if we're to conquer the old enemy next year in England."

Rankings

England - 125 (will go down by 6 to 9 points next week)
South Africa - 117
India - 111
Australia - 111
Pakistan - 99 (will go up by 6 to 9 points next week)
Sri Lanka - 98
West Indies 88
New Zealand - 83
Bangladesh - 8

Dont know about a team but definatly could be world's greatest bowling attack with one of the best Saeed Ajmal.And yes besides India world's worst fielding team too :cheers:

:rofl: bhai kyon majak akr rhe ho..Pakistani team match hi khel le wohi kafi hein...there is always problem in Pakistani team ..Sometimes Ijaj butt, sometimes captain and sometimes some players are trying to hurt team for their benefit

bhai kyon majak akr rhe ho..Pakistani team match hi khel le wohi kafi hein...there is always problem in Pakistani team ..Sometimes Ijaj butt, sometimes captain and sometimes some players are trying to hurt team for their benefit

huh really bcz your team fell from no 1 to third at the speed of sound..... why does some indian have to troll on this and about hurting team your ultimate trio is destroying your team bcz they want to play a little more and stay on team, then wouldnt you say you people arent to different too..... think before trolling like this...

well they have capability if they keep their head straight we just need a couple of good and strong batsmen and we can do it

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

And yes besides India world's worst fielding team too

no doubt on that we need alot of work on these sectors what makes me think is why dont our fielders dive when going for the ball.
and ofcourse we need stronger batsmen like umer akmal and afridi and we need to light a fire under misbah so he can play faster ;););)

:rofl: bhai kyon majak akr rhe ho..Pakistani team match hi khel le wohi kafi hein...there is always problem in Pakistani team ..Sometimes Ijaj butt, sometimes captain and sometimes some players are trying to hurt team for their benefit

Gone are the days when we were engulfed by the controversies ,the rotten eggs are penalized...this team has performed well so far and looks like united and fighting till the last ball ......how many times you have seen a team defending 144 runs and then at the end winning with 72 runs against world number 1 ranked team ....

And by the way Ijaz butt has gone long ago....zaka ashraf took over him .... Pakistan has consecutively won odi and test series from sri lanka,new zealand, bangladesh , west indies (test series was drawn i think but won odi series) and now against england

^^^^^^^^^^

I agree - considering we have our opening bowlers locked up and a total restructuring of our side -we have done exceptionally well. One or two batters need to gain experience. What is imperative is not getting carried away. Be modest and grow slowly. So far the results are giving us all pride....

HAHAHA ! Kya Joke mara hey .. Tu Tafree banda Hey yar:rofl:
:cheers:
Esi Baatun ki wajah se hi sachin ku badwa lagi hey k woh century ku taras raha hey bechara....

Congrats Pakistan you have played some fine cricket

Times have changed, time to get a new watch.

Mohsin Khan don't get excited....Pakistan is inconsistent

played 14 won 8 drawn 5 lost 1 - and you think they are inconsistent?
On paper - Misbah has the best test stats for a captain. Saeed is number 2 bowler in the world and we have just beaten the number 1 team in the world - and you think we are inconsistent? Im happy with this type of inconsistency. We have a long way to go but i believe we are well on the right tracks....

ok guys let me clear i have left watching cricket so long , so i am still thinking that there might be that old problem what Pak team is used to have..that is why i post that

ok guys let me clear i have left watching cricket so long , so i am still thinking that there might be that old problem what Pak team is used to have..that is why i post that
No Prob Man! That was awesome truth, I know its a part of past but we also laughed on Butt Era...
and Yea that 'D' in badwa sounds like 'tha' but in hindi its sounds like 'rh' ,which might completly change the meaning of that word..:lol:
while the Badwa is an urdu word that i wrote means curse.. I hope you picked up that right;)

Back
Top Bottom