What's new

Pakistan buys 13 F16 from Jordan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I get that. Was comparing it to 14+ hour flights cramped in an economy seat with my long legs. But I'm no fighter pilot so probably can't compare.

Yea but ask your self, how many times or as many times you can get out of your seat to go to the bathroom or walk up and down the aisle or stand around chatting to staff or fellow passengers or even relax with a movie...
Any ways got this info on these F-16s.

All these Block-15s are EDA. After signing peace treaty with Israel, Jordan got these ex-USAF EDA's in 1997/98 and a second batch of ex-Belgian F-16AM/BMs in 2008 and 2011 (again those were also MLU). The one's we got are Block-15 EDAs and all of them were MLU'ed by TAI in 2005, bringing them on par with Block-52s, the only exception being CFTs and less powerful engine. In fact TAI did MLU on 17 aircraft. The A/B models which have those IFF/Bird cutters infront of canopy are all MLU'ed...that's the sign of A/B aircraft going through MLU.

Man, you're pulling our legs aren't you? The neon orange and chrome red jobs are just for display. The Turkish operational units have the blueish grey colours, exactly like what you saw on the birds we just received. Did you mean the Egyptian F-16s?

I for one love our 16's scheme. It's asymmetric, unique to PAF and with the new light grey nose cone it looks awesome. Plus like Manticore said ^^^ it works well with our skies.

I mean just look at it,

F-16-block52_training.jpg

Yeah just look at Israel's camo, boss camo is what it is. This snoozefest camo is snooze worthy. So about time we change to something different.

So what if a few are for display, atleast we get to see them.

Plus camouflage are of no use in today's world. Radar's have made them obsolete.

the colour matches the colour of our sky - so the aircraft wont stand out

Gone are the days of WW II my friend. Now you are on the radar the moment you take off.

Yeah just look at Israel's camo, boss camo is what it is. This snoozefest camo is snooze worthy. So about time we change to something different.

So what if a few are for display, atleast we get to see them.

Plus camouflage are of no use in today's world. Radar's have made them obsolete.

Gone are the days of WW II my friend. Now you are on the radar the moment you take off.

Imagine a close in fight, radars are useless, your manoeuvres are rapid, that split second for which the enemy looses your sight is all it takes for you to secure his six. Plus radars still aren't that omnipotent. Switch off your signatures, fly low enough and you get precious minutes of being undetected.

@Windjammer can tell you the story of how two of our 16s crept behind some fulcrums(?) undetected, during Kargil. Or how our F-6s and Mirages gave a slight of hand to the US F-15s and a Carrier group a few times.

Last edited:
Imagine a close in fight, radars are useless, your manoeuvres are rapid, that split second for which the enemy looses your sight is all it takes for you to secure his six. Plus radars still aren't that omnipotent. Switch off your signatures, fly low enough and you get precious minutes of being undetected.

@Windjammer can tell you the story of how two of our 16s crept behind some fulcrums(?) undetected, during Kargil. Or how our F-6s and Mirages gave a slight of hand to the US F-15s and a Carrier group a few times.

I'm not asking all of them, a few would liven up the display.

I'm not asking all of them, a few would liven up the display.

Edit:

Argh....misunderstood your post. Anyway, we can't afford any risks with anyone of our birds, they cost a lot of money and in times of war might cost a lot more.

On topic:

Anyone has any idea what the ETA is on the remaining birds?

Last edited:
Do not want to spoil all the fun but these are the oldest birds around which need terrible maintenance. I can start a list of points but I have seen thousands of F16's from every European nation to AMARC... I have seen these ones also in real. Trust me. Nobody else would buy them or be able to turn these into good planes besides PAF. We are able to buy dumps of rusting Mirages into fine flying operational jets. These birds will do fine. But right now I would be not smiling at all.

this is not entirely true. radar is not the only mode of detection. visual detection still plays its part both in air and on ground hence the pilots need to have insane level of vision.
in real situations we always fall back to the basics. painting a plane like a red baron letter box is never going to be a good idea. where radar can be fooled, the human vision wont.

remember that the planes can be stealthy but they cant be invisible to the eye.

case in point RBS-70... the missile is locked with the help of visual lock and the gunner keeps the sight on the plane while the missile is in flight to its target.

this is not entirely true. radar is not the only mode of detection. visual detection still plays its part both in air and on ground hence the pilots need to have insane level of vision.
in real situations we always fall back to the basics. painting a plane like a red baron letter box is never going to be a good idea. where radar can be fooled, the human vision wont.

remember that the planes can be stealthy but they cant be invisible to the eye.

case in point RBS-70... the missile is locked with the help of visual lock and the gunner keeps the sight on the plane while the missile is in flight to its target.

RBS 70 is a manpad system. They are of no consequence. No plane would go on a strafing run into where they know about the risk of AAA fire.

In today's battlefield it's all about BVR warfare. If you have to go WVR then you succeed. And that is a big if. During Kargil the Indians locked onto our F-16 and we could just hold our joysticks so to speak.

RBS 70 is a manpad system. They are of no consequence. No plane would go on a strafing run into where they know about the risk of AAA fire.

In today's battlefield it's all about BVR warfare. If you have to go WVR then you succeed. And that is a big if. During Kargil the Indians locked onto our F-16 and we could just hold our joysticks so to speak.
:)

no chunnda zid na ker.. will force you to eat Dhub .. its not all about BVR.
planes will almost always have to merge. so the pilot needs to use his super vision to pick it out.

if you ever had been in the AAK AAK firing and visited Kahuta then you would know. we have an entire contigency in place to take out the low level flying aeroplanes.

I am talking from experience lol.. military covers all contingencies. given a highly charged thunder cloud many of your sensors will fail. cameo is purely from visual distance.. lets talk like with like here. IBM's havent phased out our fighters and bombers yet have we? apologies for the lack of term but pistols still exist despite having a "50 Cal". from both sides we cover for every eventuality...war is a very fluid concept

i think paf should ask nawaz to convince saudis to pay for 18 optional blk52s...that will be a great deal.

If PAF had to take that route then going for just 18 F-16s will be foolish, if you want to involve and beg KSA then ask big to satisfy need and 36 Euro fighter Trench-3 will fit best as KSA operates them and they will boost area defense capability too with new advance avionics and weapons like meteor.

:)

no chunnda zid na ker.. will force you to eat Dhub .. its not all about BVR.
planes will almost always have to merge. so the pilot needs to use his super vision to pick it out.

if you ever had been in the AAK AAK firing and visited Kahuta then you would know. we have an entire contigency in place to take out the low level flying aeroplanes.

I am talking from experience lol.. military covers all contingencies. given a highly charged thunder cloud many of your sensors will fail. cameo is purely from visual distance.. lets talk like with like here. IBM's havent phased out our fighters and bombers yet have we? apologies for the lack of term but pistols still exist despite having a "50 Cal". from both sides we cover for every eventuality...war is a very fluid concept

Ok :(

No thanks i am not interested in eating chipkallas :bad:

Please, I do have a question. If anyone could answer, that would be great.
There are 2 signs, close to the nose. What do they mean?
eVdgdXq.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Please, I do have a question. If anyone could answer, that would be great.
There are 2 signs, close to the nose. What do they mean?
eVdgdXq.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Arabic numerals for 220

Is that a sign for JAF Euro Fighters Typhoon deal funded by Saudi Arabia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom