What's new

Pakistan Builds Checkpoints, Plans Fence on Afghan Border.

What do you think about the fence?

• Agree with it

• I'd rather not.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. GR8 M8 let's separate us from those savages!
  2. I'd rather not.
Source: https://defence.pk/threads/we-are-building-a-fence.437039/#ixzz4CwyB7RZo

Great!! "Brothers" are now "Savages"!!
They are our brothers but as you know when brothers get their families they will live in separate homes and as they need privacy and when one visits the other, he knocks at door, gets the permission and comes through the front door. We have just opted to live separately and chose to close the backdoor.

They are now your brothers make a Milky Way for them to reach India they really like Hindus like their elders Lodhi,Mahmoud Ghaznavi,Sher Shah Suri,Shah Durani. Which one of above is your hero btw?

They used to be Pakistani heroes.....used to be..!!

They are our brothers but as you know when brothers get their families they will live in separate homes and as they need privacy and when one visits the other, he knocks at door, gets the permission and comes through the front door. We have just opted to live separately and chose to close the backdoor.

When you have burnt down the homes of your 'brothers turned savages' for your petty geopolitical ambitions, it becomes your responsibility to shelter them.

You guys apply the same logic for the Syrian migrants to Europe, remember?

When you have burnt down the homes of your 'brothers turned savages' for your petty geopolitical ambitions,
Pakistan never succeeded using AFG soil except in 90s. India however was first to used AFG as afghans had grievances against Pakistan since day 1.
"Shortly after Pakistan gained independence in 1947, Afghanistan crafted a two-fold strategy to destabilize the frontier regions of Pakistan, in an attempt to take advantage of Pakistan's post-independence instability. Firstly, it strongly aligned itself with Pakistan's rival, India, and also the USSR, which later invaded Afghanistan in 1979. Secondly, it politically and financially back secessionist politicians in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa in the 1960s. Afghanistan's policies placed a severe strain upon Pakistan–Afghan relations in the 1960s, up until the 1970s, when the movement largely subsided as the population came to thoroughly identify with Pakistan; although, resentment against the Punjabi elite continued to develop. "
source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afghanistan–Pakistan_relations
Also india actively supported Muktis..

Off Topic: Is it only me who gets naughty thoughts when look at the Wakhan Strip?

Pakistan is now going to build more checkpoints on the border next to Afghanistan, and then build a fully fledged fence!

On Topic: Get over it already.

1. GR8 M8 let's separate us from those savages!
  2. I'd rather not.
Source: https://defence.pk/threads/we-are-building-a-fence.437039/#ixzz4CwyB7RZo

Great!! "Brothers" are now "Savages"!!

I was referring to savage elements within Afghanistan, not the country as a whole.

Building a fence for such a long border like this will be a challenge. It is something U.S. wanted to do with Mexico, even with its budget it has not been able to. May be Pakistan can do it with its cheap labor? Put Afghan refugees to work, so they can also earn their bread.

The US wants a massive wall like the one in China, we want a fairly decent fence. Much different.

It is very good for Pakistan to build a fence along the Afghanistan border. The fence will greatly insure the border safety. We have always considerd them as brothers but they have proven each time to be ruthless savages. They can never be our own because they are full of jealousy & hatered and such is their nature.

Fence and Mined the Sensitive areas with Afghanistan . Add some Surveillance drones with strike capabilities. Don't forget to include IRAN as well. We need to have strong eye on IRAN as well , as they have more sympathies with India.

This measure will be very beneficial for Pakistan. It will prevent Taliban/ terrorists from entering into Pakistan.

Building a fence, trenches, checkpoints, or land-mining a border only one country means little to the other country that doesn't accept it.

Off Topic: Is it only me who gets naughty thoughts when look at the Wakhan Strip?

No, I think of it too, Pakistan could be able to force a take over as reparations for the decades of protecting Afghan Refugees.

A stable Afghanistan wouldn't be necessary for trade into the CARs.

Building a fence, trenches, checkpoints, or land-mining a border only one country means little to the other country that doesn't accept it.

No, I think of it too, Pakistan could be able to force a take over as reparations for the decades of protecting Afghan Refugees.

A stable Afghanistan wouldn't be necessary for trade into the CARs.

All these measures aren't solely being taken due to Afghan failure to accept the border. It is primarily to ensure security in the border region and consequently inside Pakistan. Pakistan has never cared about Afghan acceptance. Most importantly, we have accepted the Durand Line as our border. Afghan acceptance is of non-importance to our decision making.

Afghanistan cannot prosper without Pakistani cooperation. Afghanistan's dependence on Pakistan has been exposed for decades now. A country that doesn't even have the ability to treat its wounded soldiers and common people. Afghanistan is a shameless country which relies on the country it attacks and despises. It speaks volume. Afghans can try to bite the hand that has fed them for so long, but eventually they will come crawling back like they always do. We know why Afghans keep queueing at our border to enter our land. Despite all the humiliation and resentment. An Afghan would rather be humiliated on Pakistani soil than be dehumanized in India which it coincidentally likes to term as an ally and friend. The irony is gobsmacking.

Pakistan is done feeding backstabbers. Pakistan is done treating enemies that kill and shoot our soldiers and generals. Pakistan is done taking care of Afghan haters.

Last edited:
I don't see any problem as far as 24/7 surveillance is concerned. In this day and age we can use technology to good use. As mentioned, drones can be used for extremely difficult terrain and they don't have to be expensive at all. We can also mine huge chunks of the border at volatile areas. Building manned posts at critical areas etc. Pakistan has to do its part by fencing the border. We cannot leave the border at its mercy anymore. We have done that for too long and the results are disastrous.

As for people climbing over or cutting through our fence, if the Afghans want to play that game we can also do the same on their side. If they are hurting our cause, we will hurt theirs. It will be an eye for an eye.

It isn't the Pakistani government which is responsible for the border management project. It is the Pakistani army. From building to managing it. No problem there.

Haha no problem at all with 24/7 monitoring? And I assume it would be flawless monitoring forever? I am sure India would like to take some advice from this monitoring technique. Forget India, technologically most advanced nation, US, has trouble sometimes with 24/7 monitoring mexico border.

Speaking of US, their border protection agency comes under government. So its the govt. job really. In Pakistan, since almost every govt. entity is so inept they throw every responsibility at Army and people, as evident, have come to believe its Army's duty.

Even if we go with your idea, pray tell who is going to provide you funding or resources for this constant operation? Fuel, manpower, maintenance, technology. The items we have is not even 5% to take care of this problem for a week, forget forever 24/7.

This is not a solution but further problems down the road.

What Pakistan does need is a few strikes on on-going infiltration to at least do enough psychological damage that the mind slaves might become a little more reluctant to follow RAW's orders. Complete halt and 24/7 are fairy land ideas.

Haha no problem at all with 24/7 monitoring? And I assume it would be flawless monitoring forever? I am sure India would like to take some advice from this monitoring technique. Forget India, technologically most advanced nation, US, has trouble sometimes with 24/7 monitoring mexico border.

Speaking of US, their border protection agency comes under government. So its the govt. job really. In Pakistan, since almost every govt. entity is so inept they throw every responsibility at Army and people, as evident, have come to believe its Army's duty.

Even if we go with your idea, pray tell who is going to provide you funding or resources for this constant operation? Fuel, manpower, maintenance, technology. The items we have is not even 5% to take care of this problem for a week, forget forever 24/7.

This is not a solution but further problems down the road.

What Pakistan does need is a few strikes on on-going infiltration to at least do enough psychological damage that the mind slaves might becomes a little more reluctant to follow RAW's orders. Complete halt and 24/7 are fairy land ideas.

I don't oppose your idea of strikes inside Afghanistan. In fact, I fully encourage strikes against anti-Pakistan elements inside Afghanistan. However, a properly functioning border is also a must. We cannot cower and sit idle fully knowing that the border is a source of instability for Pakistan.

First, Pakistan isn't the US. The comparison doesn't add up. Secondly, the US can easily monitor the border with Mexico, but its failure to do so is more political than lack of ability. The US is undecided and more relaxed regarding the border with Mexico under the Obama administration. Just wait till Trump is elected. He will demonstrate how an effective border is managed.

I acknowledge that monitoring the entire border region flawlessly is virtually impossible. However, leaving the border unmanaged and unmonitored is also not a solution. We must be smart and innovative about managing this difficult porous border. We can use technology wherever possible. We can make life more difficult for Afghan terrorists trying to enter and kill innocent Pakistanis. It is the responsibility of the state to ensure safety of its people. At least the army has taken the first step which is highly praiseworthy. No doubt, even small steps for managing the border can curb terror attacks against Pakistan. We must make every effort.

Like I said, no matter what happens, Pakistan has to take control of its territory and border region. The border has always been like the Wild West. Not only do Afghan miscreants gain easy access to our territory, but the uncontrolled border region is also used to smuggle tons of Afghan narcotics. These drugs have destroyed the lives of millions of Pakistanis. Also, illicit goods and weapons are smuggled into Pakistan which are a major security concern.

I can be very short about the Pak Afghan border. It is the mother of all problems for Pakistan. Something needs to be done. Luckily the Pak army has finally realized that border management is the only appropriate solution for improving peace and stability inside Pakistan. Afghan kneejerk reaction is a testimony of this fact. We should leave this project to the Pak army. It is in very good hands.

Last edited:
Afghanistan cannot prosper without Pakistani cooperation.

And yet for the past 70 years, it's allowed there to be territorial disputes not only on it's eastern but also western borders...

Pakistan's acceptance of the border doesn't matter to Afghanistan. Neither does the international acceptance of it... Until and unless Afghanistan accepts the border as nothing less there will be animosity of an additional issue.

And yet for the past 70 years, it's allowed there to be territorial disputes not only on it's eastern but also western borders...

Pakistan's acceptance of the border doesn't matter to Afghanistan. Neither does the international acceptance of it... Until and unless Afghanistan accepts the border as nothing less there will be animosity of an additional issue.

That is all changing now. The Afghans are vile rats who have abused Pakistan's goodwill and hospitality for decades. Pakistan has allowed the border to be as open as possible. Pakistan has always acted like a generous and gracious host. No country on planet would host this many refugees at once. Not anymore though. Afghans are going out. Afghan backstabbers can go to India or the US which are their liberators.

All empty rhetoric. What is Afghanistan going to do? Pakistan is already building a fence and erecting gates at will. Afghan protests are falling on deaf ears. It is sour grapes for Afghanistan because we don't care about their acceptance. Afghans can rot in their resentment and animosity because no one gives an iota in Pakistan. If Afghanistan wants to fight it out they are welcome. We will show them which territory belongs to who. I say, bring it on. No one can stop Pakistan from safeguarding its own territory including the widely acknowledged Durand Line border.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom