What's new

Pakistan budget-Fiscal year 2013-2014: Discussions

The problem is they are targeting the budget from poor and lower middle class not from rich

Bullet train can only come at least after 3.5 years of hard work to improve economy than their can be some chance of making economy better

1 % GST is nothing in those tax revenue collection. The real target is those who dont pay tax

Why didn't they increase tax bracket to cover those who don't pay tax? They have just increased tax on those who already pay taxes. Middle and lower class is going to get the burnt :undecided:
Still no taxes on rich?
Is this the plan for next year?

Why didn't they increase tax bracket to cover those who don't pay tax? They have just increased tax on those who already pay taxes. Middle and lower class is going to get the burnt :undecided:
Still no taxes on rich?
Is this the plan for next year?

what else to expect from a person who even submitted documents with fake figures to IMF and got Pakistan penaltied for massive fines?

1 % GST is nothing in those tax revenue collection. The real target is those who dont pay tax

out of total 2 trillion of taxes more than 1.1 trillion come from gst. the 1% rise will add 70-80 billion in tax
in other words GST which is tax on more general public is tthe main source of tax, meaning this is a big problem in our tax system

Bhai meray is say agriculture products ki prices bhi bhar gaye gi. But yes we should impose tax on all properties in Pakistan. Even if they are owned by Army personnels. Make it 10% of their market value every year. This way Rs 1 crore property tax will be 10 lakh every year. Baki saray tax khatam kar do including sales tax or import duties etc. Person can easily pay this amount. This is how we can pay off our national debt.

out of total 2 trillion of taxes more than 1.1 trillion come from gst. the 1% rise will add 70-80 billion in tax
in other words GST which is tax on more general public is tthe main source of tax, meaning this is a big problem in our tax system

The increase in tax revenue is more than 470 billion !!! 1 % increase in GST is small part of it and GST in Pakistan is in VAT mode, commodities like vegetables etc ( used by poor ppl ) are exempted from GST

In my opinion, this is the best budget that we can get during this time. However, military budget should NOT be increased. Military personnels salaries should be reduced half considering their life style and other benefits. I have many family members in Army and all of them are millionaires. They have atleast 3 x 1 kanal houses (5 to 7 bedroom each) in most expensive societies of Lahore, Islamabad and Karachi. 80% civilians are living in rented houses, paying income taxes. Afsoos Muslims ko aik moqa milla tha Pakistan ki sorat main jo unhon nay zaya kar diya :(. Now civilians also need huge houses, free world class medical treatments, best education, best transport facilities for FREE in Pakistan. And i think they are quite justified. If 1.5 million Army can get all these why don't 180 million also get the same.

Expensive cars get 50% off on tax. and 30 % increase on cars that middle class buy ! The hell is wrong with them !

d. Military personnels salaries should be reduced half considering their life style and other benefits. I have many family members in Army and all of them are millionaires.

Either you are being completely dishonest or are talking out of a ....

Your family members might be one of the privileged, Generals or Brigadiers and the lot, with some links, but the other officer corp is a far cry from being millionaires.

I would have been partying in Ibiza had that been the case!

Expensive cars get 50% off on tax. and 30 % increase on cars that middle class buy ! The hell is wrong with them !

Hybrid cars got tax relaxation!!!!!!

In my opinion, this is the best budget that we can get during this time. However, military budget should NOT be increased. Military personnels salaries should be reduced half considering their life style and other benefits. I have many family members in Army and all of them are millionaires. They have atleast 3 x 1 kanal houses (5 to 7 bedroom each) in most expensive societies of Lahore, Islamabad and Karachi. 80% civilians are living in rented houses, paying income taxes. Afsoos Muslims ko aik moqa milla tha Pakistan ki sorat main jo unhon nay zaya kar diya :(. Now civilians also need huge houses, free world class medical treatments, best education, best transport facilities for FREE in Pakistan. And i think they are quite justified. If 1.5 million Army can get all these why don't 180 million also get the same.

the housing schemes are surely becoming a concern now. Officers are getting far more better homes while soldiers are a little bit neglected

Decrease in salaries is not an option. What they are getting is OK

I have no problem with increase in Defence Budget since we are fighting a war and look at our neighbour

But Defence Budget must be discussed in NA, something I am not sure will happen this time and If it doesn't then it will be very disappointing !!!

Either you are being completely dishonest or are talking out of a ....

Your family members might be one of the privileged, Generals or Brigadiers and the lot, with some links, but the other officer corp is a far cry from being millionaires.

I would have been partying in Ibiza had that been the case!

Actually one of the few things that were at discretion of the President, and he doubled the salaries.

something appreciable.

Back
Top Bottom