What's new

Pakistan begins Falco UAV production

I do not understand one thing ... We produce so many drone for different roles indigenously in the country ... Some of which even the US coast guards imported ! Why do we need foreign assistance that comes with strings attached and expensive price ?

I do not understand one thing ... We produce so many drone for different roles indigenously in the country ... Some of which even the US coast guards imported ! Why do we need foreign assistance that comes with strings attached and expensive price ?

The drones we make are quality wise less efficient. By quality i mean ability to stay in the air, the western ones can stay for longer periods of time and are big. We are making small ones, and they need runways which the forward deployed brigades or units can't operate. yeah if we make something which is launched by hand or through some catapult system, then may be.

The drones we make are quality wise less efficient. By quality i mean ability to stay in the air, the western ones can stay for longer periods of time and are big. We are making small ones, and they need runways which the forward deployed brigades or units can't operate. yeah if we make something which is launched by hand or through some catapult system, then may be.

Falco was a good choice and must have been helpful in understanding modern western engine designs and other systems, things that can help us with our Indigenous UAV / UCAV programs now. Currently our UAV programs somewhat lack in endurance!
also induction of couple of western systems help in better understanding of new developments and a better comparative assessment of technology that will lead to development.

the FLIR development is quite old as well, from 2010, just noticed that it was not mentioned here.

If anyone can bring up some more info it will highly appreciated!

regards!

lol another old thread bumped up. very misleading

until there is any official update or press release lets avoid posting here. the thread is 2 years old.
I hate being an undertaker but really tempted to close this thread until something comes in the news now.

lol another old thread bumped up. very misleading

until there is any official update or press release lets avoid posting here. the thread is 2 years old.
I hate being an undertaker but really tempted to close this thread until something comes in the news now.

You want official update on what ?? What's misleading ??

KARACHI, Pakistan, Sept. 20 (UPI) -- Pakistan Defense Minister Syed
Naveed Qamar said Pakistan intends to build unmanned aerial vehicles. Qamar made the statement in discussions with Pakistani media, the
News International reported Thursday. Pakistan's indigenous UAV industry is centered on the state-owned
defense enterprise Pakistan Aeronautical Complex in Kamra, east of
Islamabad. PAC has begun manufacturing Falco UAVs in collaboration with the
Italian company Selex Galileo. While initially the Falco UAV system is
designed purely for aerial reconnaissance and information gathering,
PAC intends the vehicles eventually to be upgraded to be equipped
with weapon systems to carry out offensive operations, similar to U.S.
UAVs. Pakistan originally wanted to buy UAVs from the United States but
Islamabad was rebuffed in its requests, leading PAC to attempt to
develop an indigenous variant. However, technical issues have slowed
development of the Pakistani program. Pakistan's aviation firms have been involved in manufacturing smaller
UAVs for years, with Pakistan's Integrated Dynamics firm producing
small UAVs for the government and commercial market since 1997. Other Pakistani companies working on UAV issues include Surveillance
and Target Unmanned Aircraft (Satuma) and East West Infiniti, while
state-owned aviation firms produce UAVs include the Air Weapons
Complex National Development Complex as well as the PAC. But the PAC complex is the main driver behind Pakistan's UAV
development. The massive PAC facility, the world's seventh largest
assembly plant, is in Kamra in Punjab province, and assembles and
manufactures aircraft for Pakistan's armed forces. "PAC has acquired the capability to produce Falco XN UAV in
collaboration with Selex Galileo (SG) of Italy," PAC's website states.
"The UAV is a medium-altitude, long-endurance UAV designed for area
reconnaissance and point surveillance. "It has the capability to reveal targets of interest, classify them,
calculate their coordinates and determine the distances between
them." In describing the Falco XN UAV, the website added: "The UAV has a
high-wing monoplane connected to the central fuselage. The wing
assembly is equipped with flapperons to control the lift and lateral
dynamics. Tail-planes comprising two rudders and two elevators
provide control for directional and longitudinal dynamics and are
connected to the wing assembly through the tail-booms. ... "The payload is mounted on the stabilized platform of the UAV and is
managed through an advance Payload Management System and an
Electro-Optical suite. The Electro-Optical suite includes E/O Camera, IR
sensors, Thermal Imaging Systems, Laser Designator and a Surveillance
Radar." While the PAC website makes no mention of possible exports plans for
the Falco XN UAV's it nevertheless touts the UAV's characteristics,
noting that it is "capable of carrying wide variety of payloads; easily
adaptable to meet mission requirements," has an "effective guidance
and control system, suitable for both civil and military roles, mission
pre-planning, re-tasking, simulation, rehearsal, and play back" and "can be flown in manual and automatic modes." © 2012 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any
reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any
UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.

as far as i Know , it is Not True , Pakistan Wont be Producing FALCO ,

Our own UCAV is under initial Flight testing , however it is just initial phase , it will not be made public until Mid or late 2013.

as far as i Know , it is Not True , Pakistan Wont be Producing FALCO ,

Our own UCAV is under initial Flight testing , however it is just initial phase , it will not be made public until Mid or late 2013.

Sorry sir....you are wrong.
Falco is indeed being produced in Pakistan as of now.
I have posted phtographic evidence somwhere..

Google is your friend

Sorry sir....you are wrong.
Falco is indeed being produced in Pakistan as of now.
I have posted phtographic evidence somwhere..

Google is your friend
Or look at the Ministry of Defence Production website.
rdnb.png

ohcg.png

pdcr.png

^^^ Exactly...so there you go..evidence exists..But being the perpetually pessimist people we are..couldn't find it on our own.

Back
Top Bottom