What's new

PAKISTAN BECOMING UNFRIENDLY SKIES AND LAND TO TRAVEL

molson4u

Reaction score
Country
Canada
PAKISTAN BECOMING UNFRIENDLY SKIES AND LAND TO TRAVEL
2014624203153337580_20.jpg

Most of the countries around the world are advising their citizen to cancel all non essential travel to Pakistan because of terrorism related incidents, reported regularly in the International media. International travelers are advised to be cautious as the country is effected by domestic terrorism or its involvement in war on terrorism. In either case, it safe to stay where you till the government of Pakistan takes corrective actions to protect its skies, airports and passengers.

Yet another incident today, proving unfriendly skies of Pakistan brought the issue to international news when Pakistan International Airlines flight(PK756) into Peshawar from Riyadh was fired upon from the ground while landing at Bacha Khan International Airport. One lady passenger and two stewards were wounded, the woman later died in the hospital. All flight operations have been temporarily suspended till further notice. The same airport was previously attacked in December 2012 with a rocket attack which killed four followed by fierce gunfire the next day.

June 23rd, 2014, International flight Emirates EK612 was forcefully diverted by the government of Pakistan, carrying an anti government cleric Tahir ul Qadri, a Pakistani-Canadian citizen. The Government of Dubai Media Office said Pakistan authorities had ordered the diversion of the plane to Lahore. The plane was secured by commando's on arrival and all passengers were disembarked safely. They were just forced to land in a different city and stayed captive for 4 hours before removed from the plane after government successful negotiated with the cleric.

June 8th, 2014, Ten TTP terrorist got into the Jinnah International Airport Karachi with an intent to destroy planes, highjack planes and destroy airport building. 28 people were killed in the attack when finally para military and military forces, took brave and unprecedented action to clear the airport of the terrorists. Since the attack many airlines are considering cancelling their flights to Pakistan and Cathy Airlines was the first to announcing its decision to stops its flights to and from Pakistan citing security concerns.

Domestic travel within Pakistan has also become insecure for public. The entire transit system of Pakistan is under siege from months now with no corrective action by the government. In recent times, Pakistan Railway was attacked, railway tracks were blasted with intent to derail passenger trains and many incidents of buses carrying shia pilgrims were attacked, killing scores of innocent people which are widely reported by national and international media outlets.

Government once again failed in its responsibility not only provide protection to its citizens but also for all those who are travel to Pakistan for business or pleasure. The capital of Pakistan, Islamabad has been besieged twice in one year but the terrorists. With no internal security policy in place, terrorist are free to take over airports or target a landing plane.

The priority of the current regime is not to protect PIA and its commercial airports but only to privatize them to collect dollars. On the other hand, the government wants international investment but offers on travel protection. The current government fails to realize that international investors and travelers bring much needed investment into Pakistan and if domestic and international travel is not immediately secured, the Saudi dollars will not last for ever.

Just today, after Cathy airlines, Emirates has suspended flights to and from Peshawar effective 25th June 2014 until further notice, due to the security situation at the destination....who is next?

Source: AN EYE ON PAKISTAN: PAKISTAN BECOMING UNFRIENDLY SKIES AND LAND TO TRAVEL

This is someone is trying to do by targeting airlines and airports... to isolate us... bloody enemies !

This is someone is trying to do by targeting airlines and airports... to isolate us... bloody enemies !

A unfortunate assumption says that they are softening Pakistan up.

Look at the bright side:

There will be great travel discounts to be had. :D

these travel advisories are there for last 10 years, nothing new
those who have to travel will travel, no one came to Pakistan for leisurely travel even before 9/11, those people would rather goto Thialand and philipines

these travel advisories are there for last 10 years, nothing new
those who have to travel will travel, no one came to Pakistan for leisurely travel even before 9/11, those people would rather goto Thialand and philipines[/quote

Thanks for your pearls of wisdom about travel advisories and most people know they are updated regularly but you miss the point. I think it makes you feel better if Pakistan airport ate seized, airline are shot at and planes are diverted.... disconnects Pakistan from the world. What a Pakistani you are... I thing if you could read the entire post, everything is reported in the worldwide media and don't need your justification of Governments negligence.

It not about what makes me feel better, if you really want to know than idiots like you stay away from PDF will make me feel better. Being a Pakistani doesnt mean you sing praises when your country is a shithole. there are people among you, yes your kind of Pakistani who are doing this to Pakistan then I am better off being my kind of Paksitani

Planes? Nopes, hijackings, unsafe airports.
Land? Drugs and lawlessness along one border, war along two others, militarized no man's land on the other side.
Boats/ships? Nopes, pirates and captured fisherman.

So I suppose the only way a tourist can make it to Pakistan is by physically swimming the length of the ocean and storming the beaches of the coast. :pakistan:

It not about what makes me feel better, if you really want to know than idiots like you stay away from PDF will make me feel better. Being a Pakistani doesnt mean you sing praises when your country is a shithole. there are people among you, yes your kind of Pakistani who are doing this to Pakistan then I am better off being my kind of Paksitani

Thanks, i have not used a foul language, Canada has not changed u butt wipe, u still like in Nora land of Sheiakupoura so i will not explain you further. You not worth my time, Janglee admi

Pakistan is at war. We have launched Zarb-e-Azb. Only a fool cannot expect retaliation. For the time being it's unsafe.

Pakistan is at war. We have launched Zarb-e-Azb. Only a fool cannot expect retaliation. For the time being it's unsafe.

Smarty pants it a security laps by the government. If this war was planned properly, The government should have heightened security on all airport and vicinity to protect national assets and passengers. In Fact, The interior Minister is fast asleep in his house and Pakistan is left on the mercy of Allah.

Back
Top Bottom