What's new

Pakistan beat India in HK Sixes

S_O_C_O_M

Reaction score
Pakistan beat India in HK Sixes

hong-kong-supr-sixes-543.jpg

Shoaib Khan celebrates with Ahmad Shahzad as he catches out Balachandra Akhil.—AP

HONG KONG: Pakistan, led by Shoaib Malik, on Saturday swept to a 22-run victory over arch-rivals India in preliminary round match on opening day of US$150,000 Hong Kong Cricket Sixes tournament.

Pakistan grabbed early high ground after rain forced organisers into making huge changes to the format of popular tournament at the Kowloon Cricket Club on Saturday which saw more than three-quarters of the programme cancelled due to rain.

“It’s always good to start with a win,” said Pakistan skipper Malik. “For a first game, it was a good performance from the guys and I’m pretty pleased.”

Poor weather resulted in a switch to four overs per innings from five and with organisers keeping options open if winners of each group meet in Cup final on Sunday or if top two teams move into a cross-over semi-finals.

All eight teams got a run on first day with Sri Lanka, Hong Kong and South Africa joining Pakistan as winners.

Sri Lanka knocked off 77 runs needed for victory over New Zealand.

Hosts Hong Kong hammered England. Chasing 61, Hong Kong romped home to five-wicket win.

South Africa chased down Australia’s 73-run total for loss of three wickets, scrambling through for a single on final ball of match to earn win.

“If rain stays away, we will play remaining eight pool games on Sunday, with top two going into Cup semi- finals. But if there are any more interruptions, we have to go straight into Cup final with winners of each pool progressing,” said tournament director Adam Davies.—Agencies

Pakistan beat India in HK Sixes Latest cricket news, Pakistan cricket, domestic cricket, international coverage, blogs and multimedia

oh yes, I heard that in the morning
forgot to create a new thread as i was too sleepy by then :lol:

Here is the complete scorecard of this match

Sobers Group: India v Pakistan at Kowloon, Nov 6, 2010 | Cricket Scorecard | Cricinfo.com

It was a 4 overs match (i suppose usually its 6 overs isn't it?)

Imran Nazir was after them so you can understand what would have happened :lol:

He made 34 runs from 9 balls :rofl: (and was Retired Not out)

So basically we made 78 runs in just 4 overs with 19.50 overs average at the loss of 2 wickets

============

In response India made 56 runs in 4 overs with 4 wickets down

Reminds me of the lunch time cricket we used to play at school :lol: ... 6-10 overs match only.

Congrats to the Pakistan team! :tup:

whats wrong with playing sohail khan and ahmed shahzad in the team, PCB politics???

Super-sixes? Really? We are counting these as well? Chalo as long as it makes my Pak brothers' day.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom