Pakistan bans onion export to India through land route

Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Updated at 1230 PST Thursday, January 06, 2011
KARACHI: Pakistan on Thursday imposed ban on export of onion through land route i.e Wagha border, while the export of the commodity would continue through sea, Geo News reported.

According to sources in Ministry of Commerce, authorities concerned will keep vigil on export of onions through sea route so as to control the prices and shortage of it in local market.
It is pertinent to mention here that price of onion had jumped to Rs80 from Rs45 in the past month.

Around 60,000 tonnes of onion had been exported to India this season.

Interestingly, India had banned export of onion and booked orders of the commodity from Pakistan in large quality. It was owing to less yield of crop this season.

Meanwhile, Pakistan is also facing shortage of onion due to devastating floods that had destroyed crop on thousands of acres.

pakistani onion are still in yard, they havent came to market. so price fall had nothing to do with it.

they need clearing and should be in market soon, it cost them 30 rs per kg to get onion to india afetr tax.

hey i just purchased onion for 70 rs per kg..... damn got tears without actually chopping them. just with the price tag.....:cry:

If gov does not do anything i am going to turn carnivorous again....
2009-06-25-satanic-carnivorous-bunny.png

Strangely, the onions look same. I thought Pakistani Onions would be fairer.

no you are wrong they were persian middle eastern descent and had nothing to do with indian onions...... :angry:

Whats the onion price at your end.:undecided:

divya its not govt but - the middle man.

just see the reports - farmers are selling onions for 12 rs / kg.

and its there in nasik and around mumbai not many byer. we need to remove the middle men who eat into it.

actually thats the problem if these gov distribution system officials would have worked efficiently there would have been no such thing. i was never pissed of with any political party so much as i am with congress.:angry:

actually thats the problem if these gov distribution system officials would have worked efficiently there would have been no such thing. i was never pissed of with any political party so much as i am with congress.:angry:

no - its not much to do with the gov but the traders, its the truck , the diesel the middle men - there are atleast 15 people who make profit before it reach u.

why dont we just give to private firm, they buy directly from farmers and sell.

--- in azadpur mandi PAYAZ is only 32 rs/kg- if u say - bhai pyaz kitne rupee kilo ,

but if dress well , and SAY - BA-IYA ONION WHAT PRICE - IT will be 50 rs/kg

no - its not much to do with the gov but the traders, its the truck , the diesel the middle men - there are atleast 15 people who make profit before it reach u.

why dont we just give to private firm, they buy directly from farmers and sell.

--- in azadpur mandi PAYAZ is only 32 rs/kg- if u say - bhai pyaz kitne rupee kilo ,

but if dress well , and SAY - BA-IYA ONION WHAT PRICE - IT will be 50 rs/kg

nah for your last part i go there and ask " e bahiya je pyaj kaa bhao hai" lol after all i am UP ki dhurri.... i know that very well...... :D

hey i just purchased onion for 70 rs per kg..... damn got tears without actually chopping them. just with the price tag.....:cry:

If gov does not do anything i am going to turn carnivorous again....
2009-06-25-satanic-carnivorous-bunny.png
Dilli billies want everything cheap from petrol to electricity to water.:rofl:

Allow walmarts chains into india to get rid of middleman.

but if i am not wrong that there was some report which said that for evey wallmart employee there will be 4 employed people because of them. And then who can compete with their walmarting in the local area where they make the other small time players go out of buisness by reducing prices to the level of loss.

Back
Top Bottom