What's new

Pakistan bans ‘Call of Duty,’ ‘Medal of Honor’ for showing country as terro

Status
Not open for further replies.
bahoot dair baad yaad ay hay, I don't see it as very offensive game, ISI role is suspicious in that game and yet it is showed american top elite units also fear ISI in last mission so they have to wind up before ISI crash the party lol

That is because it's ISI country and the covert attacking unit is a small one which is on a rapid in and out mission, and not a full scale invasion.

But it does gives some indicators to the thought process thats involved in the development of these games - sort of an indication to who is the enemy.

@KRAIT, the Hindu terrorism bit was hilarious, I can imagine the look of surprise on the faces of the khaki shorts wearing grand old men of RSS if such a force attacks them. Lets hope that the game makers are able to capture the astonished looks on those faces. LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
These insecure american sissies are first class hypocrites too...they couldnt bear the idea of taliban killing their US terrorists on occupied lands, but they can do whatever they like to tarnish another countrys image. Good move, from now on wards such bans should be placed without any delays. All bharti trolls on ignore list.

Tarnish another country's image? :lol:

Buddy, its Pakistan's own actions which has tarnished its image around the world.

From the Jihadist nonsense it preched which led to the Taliban and Pakistani Taliban, from every wanted terrorist using Pakistan as a refuge, to Osama bin Laden living in a mansion in Abbottabad and ISI being totally unaware, to the daily terrorist attacks that occur there, Pakistan being ground zero for terrorist planning attacks around the world like London 7/7 or Mumbai 26/11, from AQ Khan selling nuclear secrets around the world, to the Blashphemy Laws which punish minorities, to the Hudood Laws in which women are Gangraped and their accuers are let go, to the sheer incompetence of the government, etc.

That has what tarnished the image of Pakistan.

Ask anyone around the world what they think of Pakistan? Its always associated with violence, terrorism, and religious intolerance.

That is because it's ISI country and the covert attacking unit is a small one which is on a rapid in and out mission, and not a full scale invasion.

But it does gives some indicators to the thought process thats involved in the development of these games - sort of an indication to who is the enemy.

@KRAIT, the Hindu terrorism bit was hilarious, I can imagine the look of surprise on the faces of the khaki shorts wearing grand old men of RSS if such a force attacks them. Lets hope that the game makers are able to capture the astonished looks on those faces. LOL.

well games can be seen from many perspective, we can learn also that how enemy can attack us by what means, mere hints only though, but yes it's bit odd to kill your own kind but then it's only a game, I remember last time nuking Americans in civ5 hahaha

Going to buy a copy for sure now. Thanks you guys :)
@KRAIT
Funny thing about making games about Hindu terrorism....Imagine trying to sell a COD type games with terrorists wielding exclusively clubs, machetes and pitchforks....wearing khakis and shorts :D. You could try to sell it themed around resident evil....but that will be quite a reach.

Oh man......:rofl:

RSS terrorists.

RSS+cadre1.jpg

well games can be seen from many perspective, we can learn also that how enemy can attack us by what means, mere hints only though, but yes it's bit odd to kill your own kind but then it's only a game, I remember last time nuking Americans in civ5 hahaha

Can one play as the opposing party namely as ISI? if yes then thats greatt for ISI fanboys.

Haan jaise Pakistan me bahut bikta hai ye games. Log pehle bhi pirated game download karte the aage bhi karenge. :P

During Buhtoo Times alcohol beer and wine were openly available in pakistan and the government used to take in over $500 million /yr in today's dollars it would be easily 1 to 2 billion/yr by banning we lost that revenue for good.

people still buy alcohol in pakistan underground and according to Customs and Excise in Lahore alone millions/month in alcohol is sold and consumed.

Banning a Video game and not collecting badly needed taxation is just simply dumb and stupid in today's day and age where one can buy the game from steam online and simply download it this isn't going to help the local merchants in any way possible in fact they prolly made it more attractive to the ones who didn't want it before and now will find it any way possible to get it.

I won't be playing this game, but not because I disagree with the gameplay. I just think CoD sucks as a whole, not to mention the people that usually play online...

Pakistan is increasingly attracting a lot of attention, there was the Daniel Pearl movie, The BBC documentary about the double dealing, the NAT GEO and hollywood movie on the OBL raid, the TV series about the nuke strike from a sub in addition to these games which are a huge franchise and millions of users around the world buy them and not only play them but also discuss them and review them in thousands of forums plus there are hundreds of youtube videos where the actual game plays are uploaded.

Can one play as the opposing party namely as ISI? if yes then thats great for ISI fan boys.

Easiest Answer to this would have been design a game on same lines and turn the tables message would have been sent loud and clear and its called freedoms of speech.

I won't be playing this game, but not because I disagree with the gameplay. I just think CoD sucks as a whole, not to mention the people that usually play online...

The Amount of people using hacks and cheats for these games unbelievable plus zero help from steam to catch or ban the cheaters this is a total waist of money.

Easiest Answer to this would have been design a game on same lines and turn the tables message would have been sent loud and clear and its called freedoms of speech.

I agree but then the reach is what is missing, while COD is a multibillion dollar franchise selling millions of copies of each version, Pakistan will be hard pressed to even marginally achieve that.

More powerful countries than Pakistan have tried counter strategies and have failed - the earstwhile Sovviet Union for E.g. China still tries to do it, but no one can match the west in spreading covert messages via their multiple outlets.

Tarnish another country's image? :lol:

Buddy, its Pakistan's own actions which has tarnished its image around the world.

From the Jihadist nonsense it preched which led to the Taliban and Pakistani Taliban, from every wanted terrorist using Pakistan as a refuge, to Osama bin Laden living in a mansion in Abbottabad and ISI being totally unaware, to the daily terrorist attacks that occur there, Pakistan being ground zero for terrorist planning attacks around the world like London 7/7 or Mumbai 26/11, from AQ Khan selling nuclear secrets around the world, to the Blashphemy Laws which punish minorities, to the Hudood Laws in which women are Gangraped and their accuers are let go, to the sheer incompetence of the government, etc.

That has what tarnished the image of Pakistan.

Ask anyone around the world what they think of Pakistan? Its always associated with violence, terrorism, and religious intolerance.

When was the last time you visited Pakistan?

The Amount of people using hacks and cheats for these games unbelievable plus zero help from steam to catch or ban the cheaters this is a total waist of money.

That is a good point, but I was mainly referring to squeaky voiced kids screaming insults and profanity all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom