What's new

Pakistan-Bangladesh Friendship Forum launched

china seems to be stoking the situation.........

On what evidence to you say this. There has actually been a lack of Chinese involvement or even interest in BD to the consternation of many.

It is indeed good if the old chapters of hate are closed and people start to move on.

Well I am not sure about that ... would the Jews have been able to reconcile with the Germans had the Germans continued to deny the Holocaust.

However this is mainly between Bangladeshis and Pakistanis.

Although there are Indian citizens who were refugees in 1971 who did suffer atrocities, India should not take a role in this matter.

If actors/actresses of RAW, a Film edited by RAW and its sole purpose to discredit W Pakistani army ....

Well, the American NBC is not owned by RAW. Unfortunately too many Pakistanis are in denial. I know people people don't like to open old wounds - but because of this attitude of denial I am posting an eyewitness account by Professor Rafiqul Islam of Dhaka University.

-----------------------------------------------
THE BLACK NIGHT OF MARCH 25TH

25th March 1971. Universities were closed because of the non- cooperation movement; neither students nor teachers were attending classes. Even then one has to go back a little bit to speak about the events of 25th March. The elections had established the supremacy of the Bengali majority. Consequently, the power to rule the country should have been vested in the hands of their elected representatives, but the authoritarian ruling clique of the west were in no mood to accept the judgement of the people. That is why they cancelled promised sitting of the parliament on the third of March.

In the face of this insult, Bengalis became defiant. The Bangobondhu's thunderous declaration in a mammoth public meeting on the 7th of March - "ebArer shongrAm shAdhinatAr shongrAm: This struggle is the struggle for independence" - began to echo in the skies of Bangladesh. That struggle began with non-cooperation, court boycotts, tax revolt, meetings, processions and other mass actions. The Pakistani government became totally paralyzed.

The incapacitated totalitarian government was incensed and gave vent to it's fury on the black night of 25th March.

Dhaka citizens were apprehensive that the aggressor army might take recourse to a blood-bath. Innumerable barricades were built across the streets and roads of Dhaka. But, they were futile. Soon after day-break, the barbaric attack commenced. Numerous tanks and armored carriers took to the streets. Doors and windows of houses began to reverberate with the sounds of firing cannons, shells and mortars. The deafening rolls of the weapons of death shattered the silence of dusk. And it appeared as if tongues of flame were dancing the dance of daemons on the stage of a blood red sky. Dhaka has been transformed into a bloody war field.

Just like the previous days, some of us had gathered at the University Teachers Meeting Room. Under the aegis of the teachers association we were busy through out the month of March in arranging protest meetings and processions and putting out joint statements. Everyday work always awaited us, and that day was no different. Doctor Khan Sarwar Murshed had prepared a statement that we were planning to present to the British high Commission. Just a few days ago, a news item was published where we learnt that the British Government had permitted the Pakistani Navy access to the port facilities of the then British protectorate of Maldives for repairs and refuelling. We were apprehensive that if at our hour of need the Indian Navy puts up a naval blockade along Pakistani shores, Pakistani ships might attempt to reach Chittagong by way of the Maldives. that is why we were appealing to the British; our statement professed our great concern at the purported action. for several days we attempted to collect signatures form well known citizens. Former Ambassador Kamruddin Ahmed signed, whereas former governor Sultanuddin refused to sign our statement.

On the morning of 25th March Doctor Murshed, Doctor Sirajul Islam Chowdhury, Doctor Belayet, Professor Ahsanul Haque, Professor Giasuddin Ahmed (later murdered by Al-Badr), Professor Joynul Abedeen (deceased) amongst others presented our statement to the first secretary at the British Deputy High Commission. On our return to Campus we came across the leaders of Central Students Action Committee Tofael Ahmed and Sheikh Kamal. Sheikh Kamal had come to campus to pick up Tofael Ahmed. Tofael Ahmed told us that the meeting between Yah Yah and the Sheikh Shaheb had ended without agreement; no one knew what might happen.

In the afternoon I went to the University club. All the teachers there were pretty worked up. Some were berating the Awami League leadership for not having yet declared independence. In the evening, the Seven O'clock English news on TV we heard of the Bangobondhu's news conference earlier in the day. There he had said - If the Pakistani Army attacked the innocent and peace loving Bengalis then the gallant sons of Bengal will not let that pass unchallenged... etc.. On the way home from the club that night I met up with some known students students from Iqbal Halls. Two students Feroze and Moin told me that they were leaving Iqbal Hall for safety. They advised me to take my family elsewhere to safety since my house was so near Iqbal Hall. But it was already 10 at night, where could we go? I had no premonitions of what was going to befall us two hours hence.

Behind Iqbal Hall were University quarters 23, 24 and 25. In total 24 teachers stayed in those buildings with their families. I was a resident of the second floor of building 24. Doctor Fazlur Rahman of the Botany Department lived in building 23. In the same building Professors Anwar Pasha and Rashidul Hassan resided with their families in the apartments on the fourth floor. Just across from building 25 was the Nilkhet railroad. On the other side of the rail-line there was a slum where several thousand homeless eked out a leaving. In front of our buildings and parallel to the Nilkhet Road was four residences of University Administrative Officers. From the night of 35th March through the morning of the 27th Iqbal Hall and the adjoining residences were the main target of the Pakistani Army attack.

Just after midnight on the night of 25th March, the Pakistani Army began their attack on the Student Halls and Staff Quarters of the University. Since Iqbal Hall was known as the head- quarters of the Free Bengal Students Action Committee a major portion of the Pakistani Army fury was directed at Iqbal Hall. Just after midnight Iqbal Hall came under a barrage of heavy mortar and machine-gun attack from near the pond in front and the police barracks behind it. Immediately students and bearers from the Hall, and Bengali Policemen from the Nilkhet Barracks tried to escape and seek refuge in the adjoining teacher's and staff quarters. The Bengali soldiers of the EPR who were on duty at the President's House were disarmed and then to Ramna Race-Course where they were gunned down. Several EPR soldiers managed to flee and found refuge amongst our midsts. The Army set on fire the Nilkhet slum and in cold-blood machine gunned fleeing slumdwellers from the Nilkhet Rail-Gate. Many managed to escape from the slum and also took shelter with us.

I don't have the words to express the bestiality and barbarity that was perpetrated on the Dhaka University area, especially Iqbal Hall, Jagannath Hall, and adjoining residential areas, for a period of 36 hours from the night of the 25th till the 26th night. What transpired around Iqbal Hall, I saw with my own eyes. Raging infernos everywhere; the slum was burning, the cars parked around the residences were burning. The heaped bodies of the dead from the slum were also set on fire near the Nilkhet rail gate petrol pump. The sound of shells bursting and guns firing, the smoke and fire, the smell of gun-powder and the stench of the burning corpses all transformed the area into a fiery hell. Every so often our building was being peppered with bullets. In the midst of this, we, our families, the students and bearers from the Halls, the slum-dwellers, had given up all hope for life, and were waiting for the hour of death. For most of March, student leaders Nur-e-Alam Ziku and Shahjahan Siraj used to spend the night with thus, but on that fateful might they weren't with us. Had they been with us we would have been very apprehensive about their safety.

The incessant firings from cannons, mortars, tanks, machine-guns and automatics continue throughout the night. On the morning of the 26th the Pakistani killers began to go through the hall rooms and residential apartments and began their orgy of murder and looting. Huge gaping holes appeared on Iqbal Hall and the ad- joining residences of the bearers as a result of the shelling. Many bearers died as a result. Those unfortunate students and bearers of Iqbal Hall who had failed to flee were all killed by the Pakistanis. Some surviving students were taken to the Iqbal Hall kitchen where petrol was poured over them and then they were burnt alive. The university correspondent of the Daily Azad was shot near the auditorium. So was bearer Shamshu. The water pump workers of the Hall as well as the bearers were all brutally murdered by the Pakistani fiends.

Having finished their slaughter in Iqbal Hall, the Pakistani animals turned their attention to the residential buildings. The first began in flats of building 23. This here that they murdered Professor Fazlur Rahman of the Geology Department and two of his relatives. They also entered the flats of Professors Anwar Pasha and Rashidul Hassan. Everyone in those flats were hidden under the beds. After failing to see anyone in the torch light, the Pakistani soldiers were heard saying: "Bangali ***** Bhag Gia - The Bengali dogs have flown." Even though Professors Pasha and Hassan miraculously survived from the Pakistani barbarians, death still met them on the 14th of December, on the eve of Victory, when the killers from Jamat-e-Islam, Islami Chhatro Shango, and the Al-Badr Muslim Bangla, murdered many intellectuals near Mirpur. Another resident of the building, Dhaka University Assistant Librarian Mridha miraculously survived. But about 30 women, men and children from the slum who took refuge on the roof did not live to see another day. Each of them were brutally murdered by the barbaric Pakistanis, and for nigh over a month their corpses fed the vultures and crows. After several months their skeletons were brought down from the roof; the same day the skeletons of 50 Rokeya Hall staff and their families were removed.

The Pakistani hyenas also entered the building we were in, no 24. On the third flight two mothers from the slum had taken shelter. Their babies were with them. Both of them had been shot in the legs. On seeing the blood allover the entering Pakistani soldiers thought that some of their colleagues had already been through our buildings and so did not enter it. That is why we survived. We did our best to help those mothers and the day we left Nilkhet we had them admitted to Dhaka Medical College Hospital.

On that night the Pakistani beasts had also attacked Madhu's Canteen and Rokeya Hall. Madhu Da, and his family, bearers and ayahs of Rokeya Hall and their families, were all brutally murdered that night.

Jagannath Hall too faced the fury of the Pakistani Army. Incessant shellings and blood-letting continued their throughout the night of the 25th and the day of the 26th. After the shelling, the soldiers went from room to room and brought out all the students and bearers to the field in front of the hall. There they were forced to dig their own graves. Subsequently they were all shot and buried in the graves they had dug themselves. Amongst all the residential halls of the University, Jagannath hall paid most dearly in terms of lives lost. In the teacher's corner of Jagannath Hall's Assembly House used to live Applied Physics' professor Anuddoipayon Bhottacharjo. On that night the Pakistani animals entered his room and bayonetted him to death. His body was put out near the big tree close to the Hall auditorium for some time, and was then probably buried in the mass grave in the field. At the end of the night, the Pakistani beasts attacked the residence Dr. Gobindrochondro Deb opposite the hall. They first shot him in the head and then bayonetted him. They dragged his body outside, and in plain view drove a truck over him. His corpse was then taken to the Jagannath Hall field and was probably buried in a mass grave. Close to Dr. Deb's house, near the Shaheed Minar, used to reside Professor Muniruzzaman and Dr. Jyotirmoy Guho Thakurta. Around 3 in the morning the Pakistani entered their residences and shot Professor Munirazzaman, his son Akram, and Dr. Thakurta. They died instantly. In the same building, professor Abdur Razzak and Dr. Anisur Rahman survived miraculously. On the same night, the Pakistani soldiers also attacked the Fuller Road faculty residences. Their first target was building 11. There they entered the residence of University Laboratory School teacher Mohammed Sadek. The animals first bayonetted him and then shot him in cold-blood. His dead body remained in that building till December 27. On the 27th he was buried behind the flat. They barbarians had also attacked building 12. They had dragged out Professor Syed Ali Naki of the Social Sciences Department, and a gentlemen by the name of Syed Syedul Islam. For some inexplicable reason they were not killed, but Professor Abdul Mutkadir of the Geology Department. from the same building, was brutally murdered. They dragged his body somewhere; it was eventually found on the 27th inside Iqbal Hall. The Pakistani animals had also attacked Salimullah Hall and Dhaka Hall. They beat up Salimullah Hall house tutor Professor Munim, and murdered Professor A. R. Khadem at Dhaka Hall.

This is how we spent those 36 hours. When on the morning of the 27th, the so called curfew was lifted, we all left the area for wherever we could. During those 2 days I had thought that everything was over, and we were all condemned to perpetual slavery; but, the firm and strong voice from Chittagong's Shadheen Bangla Betar Kendra told us that we had not died yet, and I lived again. That is why I still live today.

My point has already been proven by the one of the Indian trolls. Indians may pretend that they are ready to forget the past animosity and build a friendly relation with Pakistan, but the realiy couldn't be farther from the truth. Just one good example of India's true attitude towards Pakistan is how it continuously villifies Pakistan in the minds of the Bangladeshi people. Of course, Mr. Ten Percent and his yesmen don't have the time or the good judgement to ponder upon this.

We S Asians are known for our self respect & long memory.

No one gives a flying**** if Bd & Pak wish to kiss & make up. Sure...go ahead. The prob is when some ( read most ) ppl from the parts I am refering to flatter themselves with more self importance that they are worth & behave like new kids on the block..dying to get noticed at all costs.

If actors/actresses of RAW, a Film edited by RAW and its sole purpose to discredit W Pakistani army was your proof to prove PAK federation's crime then why didn't you take it up with international court? When Pakistani diplomats challenged 3 million's death/genocide figure to Bangladeshis in Washington DC a couple of years ago, why did BD diplomat hunker down then and admitted the figure was concocted? Remember lie, damn lie, statistic, recurrent lie to build pyramid of lies can fool many but not all. And get this in your head, PAK army didn't start genocide after 70s election. It was AL criminals that started to kill, maim and rape Biharies, non-Bengalis and PAK army started to retaliate AL goons, chanakya Malauns 3 months after it and fell in trap of millennium.

Answer me if we invited RAW in our land to work on us? If not then shouldn't your GOVT. compensate for destroying every institution, fabric of my country? It if doesn't then don't we possess the right to call for might just counter your evil aspiration?

If you feel that a NBC film of 1972 vintage is a RAW plant.. good luck to you & may god be with you. ..you need both.

That is pretty gross. Surely much more than a simple breakdown of discipline.

It was a deliberate policy to punish the Bengalis as a race. And it was massive.

Time to move on, yes. But kudos to our soldiers who sacrificed their lives to stop this barbarity.

What about the Indian barbarity in Kashmir, Assam, Hyderad, Gujrat and soo many other areas?? where millions are still being tortured and killed. Heck, some of these areas have raised Pakistani flags.

I'm not denying the occurance of misadventures within Bangladesh but the image portrayed by the Indian media and by the Indian establishment are completely unrealistic as exposed by an author recently.

I agree with T-rex on all counts.

What about the Indian barbarity in Kashmir, Assam, Hyderad, Gujrat and soo many other areas?? where millions are still being tortured and killed. Heck, some of these areas have raised Pakistani flags.

I'm not denying the occurance of misadventures within Bangladesh but the image portrayed by the Indian media and by the Indian establishment are completely unrealistic as exposed by an author recently.

I agree with T-rex on all counts.

get your facts.......before you distort them.........

you said kashmir and that is understandable coming from a pakistani........
but wat about the gujrat..........it was RIOTS.........

and hyd? :what::what: what happened in hyd?

get your facts.......before you distort them.........

you said kashmir and that is understandable coming from a pakistani........
but wat about the gujrat..........it was RIOTS.........

Johnee, with all due respect, wasn't the sitting chief minister responsible for the massacre in Gujrat?? as exposed by your own media 3 years later. If I'm not mistaken he is still the chief minister

Regarding hyderabad, I have met muslims from Hyderabad, India who complain of similiar maltreatment by the Indian authorities.

Johnee, with all due respect, wasn't the sitting chief minister responsible for the massacre in Gujrat?? as exposed by your own media 3 years later. If I'm not mistaken he is still the chief minister

Regarding hyderabad, I have met muslims from Hyderabad, India who complain of similiar maltreatment by the Indian authorities.

media has ACCUSED modi of being responsible for the gujrat...........
but it has not been proved........the cases are sub-judice.......
anyways, modi is a strong personality........he does wat he deems right.......and he is seen as a very good CM therefore he is elected again and again inspite of the media trying its best to malign him.........

there are even muslims who are his FANS...........

recently modi was responsible for demolishing 200 temples..........

and as for meeting muslims of hyd........I might remind you that there are different kinds of ppl in every place and community.......a few individuals certainly dont represent the thought of entire community.......

in india, it is our favourite pastime to complaint about the real and imagined maltreatment.......this is prevalent in all communities, regions and religions.....

We S Asians are known for our self respect & long memory.

No one gives a flying**** if Bd & Pak wish to kiss & make up. Sure...go ahead. The prob is when some ( read most ) ppl from the parts I am refering to flatter themselves with more self importance that they are worth & behave like new kids on the block..dying to get noticed at all costs.

It would have been the best thing for Bangladesh, but unfortunately the friends of India with inspiration from their mentors have been saying for the last twenty five years that Bangladesh is about to become Pakistan again though that is as absurd as the sun rising from the west. So, it seems that somebody does give a f**k when there is attempt to mend the relation between Bangladesh and Pakistan.

If you feel that a NBC film of 1972 vintage is a RAW plant.. good luck to you & may god be with you. ..you need both.

Read the book 'Blood and tears' to find out if the grossness of injustice was initiated by W PAK army or AL traitors/goons. The following is the link in that regard, (Blood And Tears - Stranded Pakistanis, Biharis, Stateless in Bangladesh and Pakistan). Then read the definitive final text of daily war diary of Brig. Z alam Khan, who actually led 25th March's crack down and arrested Sheikh Mujib, (definitive final text). See in his writing how PAK army avoided creating 'A chance of mass killings of Bengalis' in Karachi by not spreading 22 of its officer's death by E Pakistani army in their cantonments from 18-22 March, 71. Read Pre-71 to 47, pre-1947 to 06 and 06s backward scenarios to find out how imbedded Hindus treated Muslims with their new-found power form their ANGREG buddies. Hope that's enough to call it your dada's bluff of West Pakistani's scheme to annihilate Bengali race.

Last edited:
This is good news for both countries, anything that improves bilateral relations is a encouragement.

If the groom is good looking, honest and offers unflinching love then why wouldn't bride make up with him as oppose to treacherous friend that carries
curry smell, stay uncircumcised and spread viruses in innocent's bodies? Got my drift or needed to be abysmally low in wording?

If the groom is good looking, honest and offers unflinching love then why wouldn't bride make up with him as oppose to treacherous friend that carries
curry smell, stay uncircumcised and spread viruses in innocent's bodies? Got my drift or needed to be abysmally low in wording?

This time you flatter ur self with ur " professed" knowledge of English ?

The bride is welcome to kiss & make up with the tormentors of her mothers... not sure if the bride is worth it though.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom