What's new

Pakistan backs India on Devyani Khobragade issue

Not probably she was at fault unless Americans are accusing her of something she did not do

That's because the diplomat hasn't been convicted yet. Accusation doesn't make one guilty. Conviction does.

What ground realities would that be?

That comment was regarding the question why don't I feel sorry for the maid. Knowing how little maids earn in India I don't feel sorry for her. Besides I'd be highly surprised if she didn't know beforehand how much she was going to make.

Source? What exactly do you know about the affair? It's mentioned in the very case which was registered:

Sangeeta Richard’s husband Phillip in a petition to Delhi HC

• ”The treatment of Sangeeta by Devyani Khobragade is tantamount to keeping a person in slavery-like conditions or keeping a person in bondage.”
  • ”Even though the contract stipulated that Sunday would be an off-day she worked from 6 am to 11 pm, minus 2 hours for church even on Sunday. She worked from 6 am to 11 pm on Saturday as well.”
  • “Uttam Khobragade called Sangeeta’s family several times and threatened them that they would have to face dire consequences if she complains and that he would ruin their future, get them abducted and frame false charges of drugs against them.”
  • ”At the immigration office, Devyani falsely accused Sangeeta of theft, in front of the US Immigration Officer. Sangeeta asked what it was she had stolen. Devyani could not say and threatened her saying that she will come to know when she returns home.”
Sangeeta’s daughter Jennifer to “prakashs@state.gov” in July

• ”My mother used to sound unhappy whenever she talked to us on phone.She asked Devyani to send her back to India but Devyani refused her request.”
  • “Uttam Khobragade forced police to come to our house at night around 11 pm. There were 5 policemen. From that day onwards police has started calling my father, my brother and me as well... He said to my father that he would destroy our future and not let my father continue with his job anymore.”
  • ”We no more feel safe in our own house because of the phone calls we are getting and the words that Uttam Khobragade has said to my father. We really need your help to get out of all this trouble. It is like a mental torture on my family. PLEASE HELP US.”
The Other Side Of The Story | Debarshi Dasgupta

The question was "do I feel sorry for the maid?"

With all due respect, your assessment that the maid would have been living the life of a queen is far from anything resembling reality. Ergo, your conclusions on the matter can be disregarded as exaggeration.

Last edited:
That's because the diplomat hasn't been convicted yet. Accusation doesn't make one guilty. Conviction does.
well it never hit conviction level...Americans take their sweet time to reach there...

That comment was regarding the question why don't I feel sorry for the maid. Knowing how little maids earn in India I don't feel sorry for her. Besides I'd be highly surprised if she didn't know beforehand how much she was going to make.
Yea maybe earning 30000 Indian rupees per month (US$ 480/ mth) means alot in India but not when you are living in USA....would you be happy if you got that much for cleaning a diplomat's house and doing the laundry and other chores?

Good move ...... . Bhaion ki Tarah rehna chahiyay......Aakhir dono mulk neighbor hain ..... acha waqt beet jae to aor kia chahiyay .......

Last edited:
Good to see Pak supporting India ,small steps to big ones nothing wrong in it its the only way towards peace and friendship :)

What happened to america who sent 7th nuclear carrier fleet to Indian ocean in 1971 Indo-Pak war? to frighten us indians?o_OWhat was the outcome of that Scare Tactic by america? did we got scared? History is there for you to see in the world map as Bangladesh!we made Bangladesh, we even had 90,000 POW'S from pakistan.We know what we are and what we can do! you can only pass snide remarks or comments against us but in reality.The world bows to the strong! get it?
"You should respect yourself first to be respected by anybody i say this to you Miss!"

well it never hit conviction level...Americans take their sweet time to reach there...

It takes time to do a thorough and fair trial. I fail to see how this case could be expedited any more than it already is.

Back
Top Bottom