Pakistan : Asia's new Start up Hot spot

Khan_21

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
https://www.telenor.com/media/articles/2016/asias-new-startup-hotspots/

Skip to content
Asia’s new startup hotspots?

While Asia’s key markets such as Singapore, Hong Kong and China already have flourishing startup scenes, this graphic highlights a new set of up-and-coming startup markets in Asia.

Written: 27 October 2016
DWA-infogrph_03-01-804x603.jpg
Illustrating that despite varying GDPs and internet penetration rates, the numbers of startups are growing quickly – with “digital frontunner” Malaysia leading the pack at 736 startups, while newcomer Myanmar stands at 47 (but is growing by the day). Reflecting this greater Asia growth, nine startups from Myanmar, Thailand, Pakistan, Bangladesh will take the front seat on November 1-2 when Telenor Group launches Digital Winners Asia. The first-ever Asia regional startup event focused on facilitating Asia’s startups to expand their platforms into new markets gives the competing startups the chance to gain 100,000 Norwegian Kroner in initial expansion funds. The two-day event is taking place in Yangon, Myanmar, an emerging player in Asia’s technology scene. More information on www.planet.telenor.com.

(Data sourced from: AngelList, Internet World Stats, Knoema)

So amongst the new players we are second to Malaysia . Not bad.

I'm also hearing figures like 8% for Pakistan economy growth. What's the real number?

All Hatred and Jokes aside, I just saw a video on Pakistani bloopers and AZIZI show, and laughed my *** off..
Pakistan has got lot of talents.. I wish we are together just like every other state of India forgetting all the hatred and Religious fantasies that make us the states that we are today.. I seriously feel if we both become friendly, we can both grow at a faster pace than any other country in the world today.. Could be a wet dream, but will love to see it happening..

Some tech/start up related Pakistan websites....

https://www.techjuice.pk/dear-hiring-manager-please-read-this/

https://propakistani.pk/

...and here is the News Week article about Pak start up scenario...

http://www.newsweek.com/pakistan-building-silicon-valley-scene-426408

Pakistani startup, Patari, grabs 2nd position at World Startup Cup 2016
https://www.techjuice.pk/pakistani-startup-patari-grabs-2nd-position-at-world-startup-cup-2016/

Plan 9 incubator run by MIT returned Umar Saif, rewarded as the youngest innovator earlier.

http://plan9.pitb.gov.pk/plan9/

13925236_1071002302949170_650120809614182141_n.jpg

Somewhere between 5-6%. 8% figure is I believe the forecasted figure for when major CPEC projects including electricity generation projects are completed. This is around 2018.

I believe it, with it's geographic advantage, there is no reason it shouldn't be doing much better than India. I'm thinking of putting some money into PAK (a Pakistan specific ETF)

I believe it, with it's geographic advantage, there is no reason it shouldn't be doing much better than India. I'm thinking of putting some money into PAK (a Pakistan specific ETF)

Your understanding and Knowledge about Economic concepts and principles is ZERO :-)

All Hatred and Jokes aside, I just saw a video on Pakistani bloopers and AZIZI show, and laughed my *** off..
Pakistan has got lot of talents.. I wish we are together just like every other state of India forgetting all the hatred and Religious fantasies that make us the states that we are today.. I seriously feel if we both become friendly, we can both grow at a faster pace than any other country in the world today.. Could be a wet dream, but will love to see it happening..

Not possible till 2047

After that Pakistan will realise its folly

We have to keep fighting till then ; India has tried everything for peace

There is nothing more that we can do

It's probably better than yours, I have a grad degree in it. But insult all you want, you're just a potty mouth

A person who thinks or rather believes that Pakistani economy is growing at 8 Percent
AND who talks of investing in Pakistani ETFs CANNOT be an economics Graduate

You must be just class 12 th pass and above all looking at your FONDNESS
and love for Pakistan - STOP claiming that you are an Indian

Stop lying ; have some shame

A person who thinks or rather believes that Pakistani economy is growing at 8 Percent
AND who talks of investing in Pakistani ETFs CANNOT be an economics Graduate

You must be just class 12 th pass and above all looking at your FONDNESS
and love for Pakistan - STOP claiming that you are an Indian

Stop lying ; have some shame

He said Pakistan will grow at 8% once CPEC is completed...

Not possible till 2047

After that Pakistan will realise its folly

We have to keep fighting till then ; India has tried everything for peace

There is nothing more that we can do
Looking at current geo political scenario, yes I have to agree that peace is a very far ahead, let alone working together towards betterment.. But that was just a wish..

He said Pakistan will grow at 8% once CPEC is completed...

Even after CPEC is completed ; that is not going to happen

The rate of return -- 17 Percent - on the Chinese funded power plants will
will make Pakistani industry and exports un competitive for ever

Already the exports are declining and the external debt is growing

It has crossed 74 Billion dollars

Looking at current geo political scenario, yes I have to agree that peace is a very far ahead, let alone working together towards betterment.. But that was just a wish..

At least Nobody in this world blames India for Not trying

In Hindsight Man mohan singh's policy of restraint has given us
enough political clout in the world

Since earlier we were restrained ; Now we are free to have a go

If I remember reading correctly, electricity shortages are currently costing the nation somewhere in the range of 1-2% GDP growth per annum. With major electricity generation projects under construction at the moment hence this problem will be alleviated in the coming years.

Back
Top Bottom