What's new

Pakistan Army's VT-4 Main Battle Tank | Updates & Discussions

Sir any serving person cannot risk to leak such induction until and unless announced officially however a retired pro has no such obligation so he mentioned the news few days back.

It's said that some will be produced in Pakistan.

So with VT-4 automatic transmission gear and car steering panel. It will be a leap, right?

2.00mins onwards.
baseline AK steering wheel
AK steering and gear.jpg

Only problem which is stopping its delivery is the deal... We are asking for complete TOT, Chinese are pressing for partial TOT.... Let's see...
What exactly do we mean by "complete TOT"? Do we want a second production line at HIT to increase induction speed or are we really asking localization of everything??

Minor problems in the initiative phase, but as @Ark_Angel pointed out, it performed well once the initiative problems were rectified....
It was pushed pretty hard, both in hot and cold weathe , all sort of maneuvers, firing from static positions and while moving as well. If I remember correctly, tests spanned over several months. There were some issues regarding its fire on the move, regarding gun stabilization, but again, Chinese were good enough to rectify ALL things that were pointed out.
One special thing in this tank, which no other tank of ours has of now, is that there is a mechanism in it whereby the tank does boresighting itself, meaning auto boresighting.

Oplot had a bad start, once it arrived, it broke its sprocket on arrival ,... Bad first impression.... And Oplot was constantly plagued by engine problems. It also had some extra pounds of weight with its performance not corresponding.

Once it starts arriving, the whole batch is supposed to be completed by 5 years.. Only problem which is stopping its delivery is the deal... We are asking for complete TOT, Chinese are pressing for partial TOT.... Let's see...

Oh, Gen Dogar goes then. FYI, Gen Aamer's unit conducted the trials of VT4. Of course, he wasn't in the unit at the time. But just a point.

ToT point was dropped last year. These tanks will be only overhauled in Pakistan when their Maintenance/First Overhaul Cycle is due. All Tanks to be manufactured at Full Capacity by Norinco and provided to PA as per the timeline set by PA. Contract was signed last year. It’s delivery time now.

So how does the tilers come in?

Baseline version had tillers, improved one has steering wheel.

baseline AK steering wheel
View attachment 628035

Here comes my mate to the rescue. :rofl:

ToT point was dropped last year. These tanks will be only overhauled in Pakistan when their Maintenance/First Overhaul Cycle is due. All Tanks to be manufactured at Full Capacity by Norinco and provided to PA as per the timeline set by PA. Contract was signed last year. It’s delivery time now.

We got nearly complete TOT for the baseline Alkhalid. Strange if true.

In Russia's Tank Biathlon, ZTZ-96B also can do boresighting itself. But Russia insisted that it was unfair to T-72, and then ZTZ-96B had to shut it down.
What a pity...
View attachment 628010 View attachment 628011

Interesting, auto boresight is indeed a handy option.

For me, the worst part about the VT4 is lack of a reversible transmission, unless Chinese did something about it, i hope they did. Man that gave the Alkhalid such mobility!

No 6td-2, no high speed maneuvering in reverse.

Damn.

I want VT-5. I don’t like last years models. Izzat b koi cheez hy.

Bro they are totally different tanks....The VT5 is 32% lighter, can be transported by heavy lift craft and is designed to operate in China's high altitude border areas.
The VT4 is a frontline battle tank designed to meet the enemy head on.

What exactly do we mean by "complete TOT"? Do we want a second production line at HIT to increase induction speed or are we really asking localization of everything??
IIRC the Haider MBT was meant to be off-the-shelf. If anything, I guess the biggest thing of interest to the PA is the VT4's armour technology. It's something HIT could absorb and scale across AK2 and AK1, AK, etc upgrades.

What is pa requirements for new tank (,numbers)

Is new tank be called Al Haider , will it be produced in Pakistan also after initial 100

Back
Top Bottom