What's new

Pakistan Army's VT-4 Main Battle Tank | Updates & Discussions

Of cos not but it's not too far off from 99A2. VT-4 is 52tons with 1300hp and 99A2 is 54tons with 1500hp. RTA is very impressed with VT-4 and they are ordering a second batch. Iraq army are negotiating for a big batch of VT-4 tank.
I tell you what. If I'm PA, I will straightly go for T99A2 if it's available. It will be a huge regret if we don't bring out the best for competition. PA deserves for the best. The stupid sales strategy should be adjusted.

How superior is that? Even better than T99A2?
T99 falls under very heavy class, not suitable for Pak India border terrain. Area turn marshy during rainy season. Light tank is the best for that region. Pakistan army never selected any heavy tank in the past, until it comes under donation.

Hi Wanglaokan, You are extremely low confident Chinese. Talking about Z-10 failed the trial again another smear. From what I gathered. Z-10 is not allowed to share technology with Pakistan while PA wanted some TOT for the deal. Ideally, T129 is more willing to co share some technology. That puts them in forefront. They are many make up lies about China military technology in foreign news. I am sad that PDF also pick up many of these junks.
If Turkey can share some technology, why can't we? It's out goverment doing things with hesitation, not me.

That is another nonsense. VT-4 is good enough to take on any modern tank from other countries. I can bet Leopard A2 or Korean K-2 cant even beat VT-4.

Another nonsense from you. Did you see PLAAF export J-20? What makes you think Z-10 needs its technology to be share?
I have a feeling that PA will go for VT4 if we give some good offers. So don't worry.

Many reasons why Z10 failed the competition with T129:
1: more TOT from turkey
2: swap package
3: Z10's turbo shaft is not powerful enough especially in high altitude ( a fatal reason why it failed)
4: T129 can easily integrate with armmo in PA's arsenal

How hard it takes to face the reality?

LOL... I am stilling waiting on your official proof of VT-4 failed the engine or even so called make up multiple test from Pakistan initial trial. How many lies you want to continue? Yes yes, M1A2 is the world best tank. Anything from China is junk.. Typical cheapshot from traitors like you. :enjoy:

My friend nobody of our real Pakistani Members in PDF dares to write or say anything bad against China, I think you misunderstood Dazzler, you are a respected Member which I follow, but that's the same case for Dazzler, let's all behave like Brothers and gentlemen! Pakistan China First right?

My friend nobody of our real Pakistani Members in PDF dares to write or say anything bad against China, I think you misunderstood Dazzler, you are a respected Member which I follow, but that's the same case for Dazzler, let's all behave like Brothers and gentlemen! Pakistan China First right?

Let him be what he is. He has no clue how rigorous the process of weapon induction can be. i dont have time nor i see the need to convince naysayers. i know what i am told and have seen the thing up close.

Let him shout all he likes.

In my opinion, only the best Friend will tell you the truth. China and Pakistan is equal, why Pakistani members can't say anything bad about China if it's true? Freedom of speech.

We are not a super power yet, so stay humble is very necessary.

Let him be what he is. He has no clue how rigorous the process of weapon induction can be. i dont have time nor i see the need to convince naysayers. i know what i am told and have seen the thing up close.

Let him shout all he likes.
I think you got lots of low-down you can't tell us, right?

In my opinion, only the best Friend will tell you the truth. China and Pakistan is equal, why Pakistani members can't say anything bad about China if it's true? Freedom of speech.

We are not a super power yet, so stay humble is very necessary.

I think you got lots of low-down you can't tell us, right?

it is all about fulfilling needs. We asked them to rectify the shortcomings and we will put it to the trials. The system is overall decent, and offers good fire control but the gun is not accurate enough, hence the new gun. The engine is still not up to the mark which was a major concern. Lets see how the improved model fares

Same with the case with Ukrainians. it is a universal practice, you dont see them complaining here.

I have a feeling that PA will go for VT4 if we give some good offers. So don't worry.

Many reasons why Z10 failed the competition with T129:
1: more TOT from turkey
2: swap package
3: Z10's turbo shaft is not powerful enough especially in high altitude ( a fatal reason why it failed)
4: T129 can easily integrate with armmo in PA's arsenal

How hard it takes to face the reality?
Its not about fail to face reality but simply too many nonsense and fake info floating around. Z-10 never has any engine problem. This rumour of Z-10 underpowered first started by CMF when they claim a redesigned of exhaust is due to US embargo of turboshaft to China... Therefore they redesigned the exhaust area to give more power to the underpowered engine. LOL... This reason is another no brainer. Why would PLA design their latest gunship with dependent on an engine that has no change to be sold to China since with US embargo enforced?

The truth is the redesign of exhaust got to do with muting the high level of noise of the engine so that Z-10 can be more stealthy when carrying out low level penetration and has more element of surprised. Nothing to do with BS underpowered nonsense. Check out the video of Z-10 low level fly pass during pakistan parade. You will know how quiet Z-10 is. This is critical especially in night low level attack where enemy will be too late to know your presence if the noise they produced is very low.

it is all about fulfilling needs. We asked them to rectify the shortcomings and we will put it to the trials. The system is overall decent, and offers good fire control but the gun is not accurate enough, hence the new gun. The engine is still not up to the mark which was a major concern. Lets see how the improved model fares

Same with the case with Ukrainians. it is a universal practice, you dont see them complaining here.
I think Ukrainians are not visiting PDF and they are busy dealing with Russians.:D
Muzzle reference is also installed on the version sold to Royal Thai army.

I hope we don't fall into the Ukrainian trap again - affordable tanks and too expensive after sales support.
Just put the T-80UD through a major upgrade program. Currently, 1 T-80UD has been upgraded with latest ERA Duplet.

Last edited:
Its not about fail to face reality but simply too many nonsense and fake info floating around. Z-10 never has any engine problem. This rumour of Z-10 underpowered first started by CMF when they claim a redesigned of exhaust is due to US embargo of turboshaft to China... Therefore they redesigned the exhaust area to give more power to the underpowered engine. LOL... This reason is another no brainer. Why would PLA design their latest gunship with dependent on an engine that has no change to be sold to China since with US embargo enforced?

The truth is the redesign of exhaust got to do with muting the high level of noise of the engine so that Z-10 can be more stealthy when carrying out low level penetration and has more element of surprised. Nothing to do with BS underpowered nonsense. Check out the video of Z-10 low level fly pass during pakistan parade. You will know how quiet Z-10 is. This is critical especially in night low level attack where enemy will be too late to know your presence if the noise they produced is very low.
USA punished the HP who sell the PT6c-67c turbo shaft engine to China. We don't have choice.
We are isolated by those western counterparts.

I hope we don't fall into the Ukrainian trap again - affordable tanks and too expensive after sales support.
Just stick with the Ukrainian engines for VT-4, put the T-80UD through an upgrade program. Currently, 1 T-80UD has been upgraded with latest ERA Duplet.
All PA interested is whether they can get TOT from Ukraine.

Both will be tested again and one of the two will be selected. We do not have 1400 mbts to replace, rather close to 800. The Alzarrars are not going anywhere for the next 10 years at least. The 85IIAPs have also been upgraded so no need to panic.

For now, majority of PA mbt fleet comprises of third gen mbts:

Around 450 AKs
50+ AK-1s
320 UDs (upgraded)
300 85IIAPs (upgraded)
550+ Alzarrars (upgraded 59s and 69s)

Around 1700 uparmored, day and night capable 125mm HMC gun equipped, composite and RHA armored tanks. All can fire modified Naiza series DU rounds.

That is a pretty decent number of third gen mbts
Even if 800 Tanks have to be replaced I really doubt that all 800 will be one tank, in my opinion they would be two tanks one may be 500 and other one 300 or equally divided.

That is a fake lie from social media. No confirmation from PA. Another american Pakistanis who spread lies about Chinese. You think American is the best friend for Pakistan? Your propaganda will be see thru. You pakistanis American still have the delusion about American/Pakistan alliance and spend no effort in bad mouth anything about Sino-Pakistan r/s. I have seen enough of such petty act.

I have my own source from Chinese forum with regards to tender for Vt-4 tank for Pakistan.
They are the engineer directly involved for the project.
PA never confirms or denies these things. The Tank is being tested again because it failed first time and OPLOT engine also had issues so that would also be tested again

@Dazzler, you have no guts to back your words? Rather than being a coward to give negative point to me to prove nothing. I challenge you to give a official link statement from PA saying VT-4 tank engine failed the initial trial test? Dont give me some fake link from FB or social media that is absolutely a blunt lies.

What wrong did i did? Rather you being the cowards that fail to give an evident of VT-4 failed the engine test. Instead making things up about non existent evident of insider knowing the trial test failed. This kind of low life trick I seen too many. You learn that from Indians, right? :lol:
You asked what wrong you did? Please review your last couple of posts and tell me whether they are a good discussion or just angry posts from a child.
There must have been something wrong with BOTH engines as both broke down. PA sent both back for upgrades and retesting as is standard approach. For example the Abrahms M1 tank failed trials in Bhawalpur in 1988. These things happen as engines are designed with your terrain in mind and they are tested in harsher terrain and break down. One just does not start ranting nationalistic mumbo jumbo but accepts the fact that these tanks have been given a second chance with improvements to satisfy PA which signifies they are mostly good tanks with minor problems which need adjusting or rectifying.
A

Calm down, Oplot M failed some of the test as well. It's a business between Pakistan and China, not you and Dazzler.
Great post. We have nothing to argue about here.
A

Last edited:
You asked what wrong you did? Please review your last coue of posts and tell me whether they are a good deccussion or just angry posts from a child.
There must ha e been something wrong with BOTH engines as both broke down. PA sent both back for upgrades and retesting as is standard approach. For example the Abrahms M1 tank failed trials in Bhawalpur in 1988. These things happen as engines are designed with your terrain in mind and they are tested in harsher terrain and break down. One just does not start ranting nationalistic mumbo jumbo but accepts the factthat these tanks have been given a second chance with improvements to satisfy PA which signifies they are mostly good tanks with minor problems which need adjusting or rectifying.
A

Great post. We have nothing to argue about here.
A
somehow I enjoy the tough standard PA put on the trial.

Back
Top Bottom