What's new

Pakistan Army's VT-4 Main Battle Tank | Updates & Discussions

Pakistan made mistake by buying these VT 4 They don't offer anything against future warfare we did hurry to buy them rather waited for tech innovation like panther tank atleast we could have waited for longer to use those tech if panther in our future tank Al Khalid 2

No kidding. I don't see major innovation in Panther tank at all. I only see overengineered tank, extremely expensive, 20 round.

No kidding. I don't see major innovation in Panther tank at all. I only see overengineered tank, extremely expensive, 20 round.
Precisely, beside slightly bigger gun. The engine is the same HP and same as transmission. As for next gen network, there is yet to have any breakthru of what their marketing claim.

Pakistan made mistake by buying these VT 4 They don't offer anything against future warfare we did hurry to buy them rather waited for tech innovation like panther tank atleast we could have waited for longer to use those tech if panther in our future tank Al Khalid 2

Don’t write such outlandish posts.

Type-15 doesn't.
Type 15 is not an MBT. Nor does it have a 125MM Gun.

But were there any demands to make it wider, for future, at least? Cause few of my Chinese friends said NORINCO working on it "right now" for export VT's)

About it's length, It's shorter, than 760mm, because of separate place for shell and charge, the limit for shell part should be ~690mm.

And judging on those leaked DTC10-125 data, it should be around ~10-15mm bigger than DTW-125/BTA-4 (~580mm rod) :)
There has been no open interest or data about China making new auto-loaders or bigger ammo so far. I’m certain they’re working on it, China surely has the money and expertise to make them, but tanks are not a high priority for China unlike fighter jets and Ships. I doubt VT-4 will get a bigger auto-loader and new ammo soon, but we might see it in a local (as in for the PLA) tank.

I meant to say 680MM, 760MM was a typo, I was thinking of something else.

I have seen the DTC-10 “leaked photos and data” many times, it has a longer penetrator yes, the overall ammo length is still the same as BTA-4. Means something else was made shorter.
It is still a short rod penetrator with likely only marginal improvement in penetration. It can be used in VT-4, ZTZ-96B and ZTZ-99A. This also points to the fact that it’s not longer than 680MM.

Last edited:
VT-4 TANK GUN INDIG-1.jpg

I thought this had already been posted, otherwise I’d have done it a couple of days ago when Farooq tweeted about it.

It’s been known since the second trials that VT-4 was using a Pakistani Gun barrel. It’s basically the same one used in AZ, UG and AK series (although there were some minor modifications for the VT-4 in order to mate it to the slightly different gun breech).

It was done because the Chinese Barrel wasn’t front removable for easy maintenance + any indigenization is cheaper than none. I wonder if any other changes were made to HITs barrels over the 15 year or so period they’ve been in production.

The poster states that 87% of the barrels components are indigenous.

I thought this had already been posted, otherwise I’d have done it a couple of days ago when Farooq tweeted about it.

It’s been known since the second trials that VT-4 was using a Pakistani Gun barrel. It’s basically the same one used in AZ, UG and AK series (although there were some minor modifications for the VT-4 in order to mate it to the slightly different gun breech).

It was done because the Chinese Barrel wasn’t front removable for easy maintenance + any indigenization is cheaper than none. I wonder if any other changes were made to HITs barrels over the 15 year or so period they’ve been in production.

The poster states that 87% of the barrels components are indigenous.
Hmc gun boasts better barrel life and easy to maintain in field conditions than the zpt-98 although the latter offers higher chamber pressure at the cost of shelf life and heavier maintenance.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom