What's new

Pakistan Army's VT-4 Main Battle Tank | Updates & Discussions

AKs have Kevlar based spall liner to reduce the effect of impact of such rounds.
Kevlar based? I know the patent has expired bcuz as per US laws a patent is only effective for 20 years and cannot be renewed...but does that mean Pak can manufacture its own Kevlar based armor? Or does Pak have to acquire some sort of license to make it?

20200508103516985.jpg

在2014年珠海航展期间,VT4坦克总师冯益柏在介绍该坦克的防护性能时曾提到,VT4坦克上复合装甲的防护效果超过了500毫米均质钢装甲的水平,披挂爆炸反应装甲(FY2)时可超过700毫米。

受外贸政策的影响,可抗穿抗串联破甲战斗部的FY4爆炸反应装甲在当时还是我军99二期和96A等自用型坦克的独门绝技,VT4坦克实际上只能披挂有抗穿抗破效果的老式FY2爆炸反应装甲参与市场竞争,与采用了具备抗穿抗串联破甲战斗部效果的“匕首”聚能爆炸反应装甲模块的乌克兰“堡垒”M坦克相比之下,略输风采并不意外。在巴基斯坦军方的不断纠结中,从内蒙古一机主动曝光的照片展现的VT4改坦克炮塔和车首正面装甲模块的细微改变上,也印证了FY4E得到出口立项批复的传言。至于复合装甲是否也进行了升级,就只能等待时间的验证了。
google TRANSLATE :
During the 2014 Zhuhai Air Show, Feng Yibai, chief engineer of the VT4 tank, mentioned the protective performance of the tank. The protective effect of the composite armor on the VT4 tank exceeded the level of 500 mm homogeneous steel armor, and the explosive reaction armor (FY2 ) Can exceed 700 mm.
Affected by the foreign trade policy, the FY4 explosive reaction armor of the anti-wearing and anti-tandem armored warhead was still the unique skill of our army ’s 99 II and 96A self-use tanks at the time. VT4 tanks can only wear anti-wear resistance. The effect of the old FY2 explosive reaction armor participates in market competition. Compared with the Ukrainian "Fortress" M tank that uses the "dagger" shaped explosive reaction armor module with the effect of anti-penetration and anti-tandem armor-breaking warheads, it loses its style slightly. Not surprisingly. In the constant struggles of the Pakistani military, the subtle changes in the VT4 tank turret and the front armor module on the front of the vehicle from the photos of an actively exposed machine in Inner Mongolia also confirmed the rumors that the FY4E was approved for export project approval. As for whether the composite armor has also been upgraded, it can only wait for the verification of the time.

Last edited:
Engine horsepower of 1500hp is subjective. I have not received any info from Chinese source the engine supply to Pakistan will be 1500hp.

Both are 150HB turbo-charged diesel engine. 150HB can be adjusted to 1200, 1300 1500 horse power. It depends what you need, power vs life cycle.
Yes but increase HP will increase cost and lower lifecycle. It's is not recommended to do that unless the export VT-4 gained a massive weight to 60tons.

That dreadful button is still there...

EXfatuEU8AAT8aD

What does it do. Destroy FCS by a program or some chemicals to destroy the processing units?

I think it should be disabled in our tanks. You never know who might press it by mistake.

Both are 150HB turbo-charged diesel engine. 150HB can be adjusted to 1200, 1300 1500 horse power. It depends what you need, power vs life cycle.
There are 150HB series engines, but not meaning that they are exactly the same. And ZTZ-96B tank also uses a 150HB engine with 1000 HP.

The engine of ZTZ-99A is 12-cylinder, and that of ZTZ-96B is 8-cylinder. Maybe the engine of VT-4 is 10-cylinder???

There are 150HB series engines, but not meaning that they are exactly the same. And ZTZ-96B tank also uses a 150HB engine with 1000 HP.

The engine of ZTZ-99A is 12-cylinder, and that of ZTZ-96B is 8-cylinder. Maybe the engine of VT-4 is 10-cylinder???
I guess VT-4 used the same engine of ZTZ-99A. 12 cylinder, but fine tuned to 1300 horse power. Pakistan is hotter than Northern China, 1300 horse power is in good balance of life cycle and power.

I guess VT-4 used the same engine of ZTZ-99A. 12 cylinder, but fine tuned to 1300 horse power. Pakistan is hotter than Northern China, 1300 horse power is in good balance of life cycle and power.
The size of ZTZ-99A is much bigger than that of VT-4.
53ed1838ly1gd78kt93jjj21c00u0kjn.jpg

Back
Top Bottom