What's new

Pakistan Army wins Gold Medal in Cambrian Patrols 14-10-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for sharing.....

Looks like we were so quick we left before the camera man arrived :lol: . All he got was the map

BTW at 2:35 there is Indian Flag too in the back...Means they also participated ...

And the surprising thing is, these are not even the Special Forces guys, they are the normal infantry soldiers, most probably all from some Frontier Force Regiment.

Speaks about the level of training being imparted to the infantry soldiers.

Exercise CAMBRIAN PATROL is the premier patrolling event of the British Army which is held in Wales and hosted by 160 (W) Brigade.

For 2010 it will run from 8 October until 17 October.

The exercise is held in Wales and is organised by HQ 160 (W) Brigade on behalf of HQ 5 Div, as directed by HQ Land in the Land Command Plan. Cambrian Patrol is arduous and concentrates on leadership, teamwork, physical fitness and achieving the mission. It also draws participants from foreign countries. The Cambrian Patrol is an exercise and not a competition. It is conducted for the benefit of units and there is no final order of merit. The exercise is designed to be within the capability of any well-led and well-trained patrol from any Arm or Service. The exercise is the same for Regular and Reserve Forces patrols.

Aim

The aim of The Cambrian Patrol is to provide a challenging patrols exercise in order to develop operational capability.
Applications

Units should apply using the application form which can be found in the Documents download panel on the right. Copies of the application should also be sent to the unit’s Brigade or Divisional HQ. Units are welcome to bid to enter several teams, however, last minute withdrawals due to a failure to anticipate commitments or train adequately are extremely unwelcome and may prevent other units from participating.

Bids are to show preference for dates/phases. The closing date for bids will be 3 September 2010 and details confirming unit acceptance, timings, comprehensive rules and preliminary joining instructions will be issued after this date. Receipts of all bids will be acknowledged. The organisers' decision on allocation will be final. Reserve Forces units are to note that they must be prepared to report between 0400 hrs (earliest) and 1030 hrs (latest) on Friday 8 October 2010 or Friday 15 October 2010. Units must adhere to these timings. Exact timings for each unit will be contained in the warning order which will be issued nearer the date of deployment.

An entry fee of £50 per patrol made payable to 'HQ 160 (W) Bde Central Bank' should be enclosed with the application and is not refundable after the bid is accepted in August. Forms received without an entry fee will be returned. The entry fee for foreign teams is also £50, payable by UK cheque or by cash on arrival. (A contribution from these funds will be donated to the Army Benevolent Fund if any monies are left over once all exercise expenses have been paid).

Foreign units are encouraged to enter teams on The Cambrian Patrol. There is a requirement for these teams to be hosted by British units. Wherever possible allied and affiliated units should be used. However, there may be a requirement for units on the same phase as foreign teams to assist with hosting if the above arrangement cannot be met.

This is Brecon Beacons .. one of most beautiful places i ever saw. I have trekked these hills a few times myself. In-fact it was quite near to the place i lived in wales..

Good that these guys chose this time of the year, otherwise its too cold , harsh and misty out there.

Merthyr Tydfil?

Brecon Beacons are gorgeous I agree.

Merthyr Tydfil?

Brecon Beacons are gorgeous I agree.

Nope ...quite close to Merthyr Tydfill.

I was in Pontypridd. Then moved to Treforest near University then to Cardiff , the Capital.

You been to Brecon?

Its 2008 News but related.

:: ISPR :: Inter Services Public Relations - PAKISTAN

No PR31/2008-ISPR Dated: February 10, 2008
Rawalpindi - February 10, 2008:

Team of Lahore Corps won the exercise " Team Spirit" which was held at Jari Kas near Mangla. Team of Rawalpindi Corps was declared runner up of the competition. Lieutenant General Sajjad Akram, Corps Commander Mangla who was chief guest on this occasion witnessed the exercise and distributed prizes among the participants. Major General Sardar Mehmood Ali Khan, Director General Military Training was also present on this occasion.

Exercise team spirit was aimed to test the competitors under various tactical scenario in tackling the changing battle field situations and operate as netted combat team behind enemy lines. As many as nine teams from Lahore, Rawalpindi, Mangla, Multan, Bahawalpur, Gujranwala and Karachi Corps, Sind and Punjab Rangers participated in the competition. Each team comprising eight members including an officers were to operate for 76 hours without any administrative support and proper rest by exhibiting a very high standard of physical fitness and mental endurance. The participants were tested in infiltration, night navigation, ex-filtration, speed march, firing, close target reconnaissance, observation and hearing, artillery target grid procedures, first aid, field engineering, voice procedures and handling of signal equipment.

Speaking on the occasion Lieutenant General Sajjad Akram congratulated the winner team of the competition and appreciated the very high standard of training exhibited by them and other participants. All members of the winner team were awarded a 12 bore Rifle.

It may be mentioned here that Winner Team of this competition will participate in Exercise Cambrian Patrol which will be held in UK this year.

-------------------------------------------------

1204.jpg

Team of Lahore Corps winner of the exercise "Team Spirit" which was held at Jari Kas near Mangla with Lieutenant General Sajjad Akram, Corps Commander and Major General Sardar Mehmood Ali Khan, Director General Military Training. Each member of the winner team was awarded a 12 bore Rifle as prize. (10-2-2008) - Photo ISPR

Pakistan Army troops at the 2010 Cambrian Patrol:

Guy in the front leading in above pic and lower right corner sitting in the below pic seems to be the same guy

1204.jpg

Last edited:
Nope ...quite close to Merthyr Tydfill.

I was in Pontypridd. Then moved to Treforest near University then to Cardiff , the Capital.

You been to Brecon?

I've been to BB more times than I can remember. You must then know Forest Drive and Elan Valley well. Before the scourge of speed cameras descended on the UK, it was a fun place to drive too.

Anyway, to remain on topic, that is a beautiful area of the UK to hold a military exercise. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom