What's new

Pakistan Army | News and Discussions

Was sitting in a presentation where Private LTE was being discussed for Army as well as use of samsung mobile phones instead of default radio sets. PA has allowed 2G phones to officers due to security concerns of smart phones. Opposite way unfortunately. Evan saw Thales and GD working on Private LTE for Military.

Attachments

• S20_TE-tactical-brochure-FINAL_July_2021.pdf
    5.4 MB · Views: 64
Was sitting in a presentation where Private LTE was being discussed for Army as well as use of samsung mobile phones instead of default radio sets. PA has allowed 2G phones to officers due to security concerns of smart phones. Opposite way unfortunately. Evan saw Thales and GD working on Private LTE for Military.

They could implement custom secure android phones https://shop.sirinlabs.com/products/finney

Source: The Friday Times

In 1966 General Zia-ul Haq, then a lieutenant colonel, became commanding officer (CO) of the 22 Cavalry in Multan. He is photographed here with his adjutant, Lt Zia Mehmood (2nd War Course). A rather amusing anecdote about the two Zias was conveyed in a Native Pakistan blog post by a Lt Col (retd) Sajid Majeed Bhatti, AC (47th PMA), who was commissioned in the 22 Cavalry in 1971: One day a girlfriend of [the adjutant] Lt Zia rang up the regiment and unfortunately the phone was picked up by the CO, who said, “Assalam-o Alaikum! Col. Zia speaking.” The girl thought that it was Lt Zia Mehmood speaking with a changed voice. She started making fun of him and said, “Yes, yes, till yesterday you were Lt Zia and today you have become Col Zia. I am pretty sure that tomorrow you will say, I am General Zia.”
IMG-20220718-WA0000.jpg

In 1966 General Zia-ul Haq, then a lieutenant colonel, became commanding officer (CO) of the 22 Cavalry in Multan. He is photographed here with his adjutant, Lt Zia Mehmood (2nd War Course). A rather amusing anecdote about the two Zias was conveyed in a Native Pakistan blog post by a Lt Col (retd) Sajid Majeed Bhatti, AC (47th PMA), who was commissioned in the 22 Cavalry in 1971: One day a girlfriend of [the adjutant] Lt Zia rang up the regiment and unfortunately the phone was picked up by the CO, who said, “Assalam-o Alaikum! Col. Zia speaking.” The girl thought that it was Lt Zia Mehmood speaking with a changed voice. She started making fun of him and said, “Yes, yes, till yesterday you were Lt Zia and today you have become Col Zia. I am pretty sure that tomorrow you will say, I am General Zia.”View attachment 862794
Zia sahib replied "Ab tau ban kay hi dikhaoonga aap ko!"

In 1966 General Zia-ul Haq, then a lieutenant colonel, became commanding officer (CO) of the 22 Cavalry in Multan. He is photographed here with his adjutant, Lt Zia Mehmood (2nd War Course). A rather amusing anecdote about the two Zias was conveyed in a Native Pakistan blog post by a Lt Col (retd) Sajid Majeed Bhatti, AC (47th PMA), who was commissioned in the 22 Cavalry in 1971: One day a girlfriend of [the adjutant] Lt Zia rang up the regiment and unfortunately the phone was picked up by the CO, who said, “Assalam-o Alaikum! Col. Zia speaking.” The girl thought that it was Lt Zia Mehmood speaking with a changed voice. She started making fun of him and said, “Yes, yes, till yesterday you were Lt Zia and today you have become Col Zia. I am pretty sure that tomorrow you will say, I am General Zia.”View attachment 862794
so that bring him the dedication and he became ...

girls you know ... although a wrong call ...

Can you share the link of the article?

@PanzerKiel

In Ukrainian-Russian conflict, the forces are scattered as if completing tasks independently. Tanks or APCs or SPGs are not in squadron or battery groups. Is that effective ?

@PanzerKiel

In Ukrainian-Russian conflict, the forces are scattered as if completing tasks independently. Tanks or APCs or SPGs are not in squadron or battery groups. Is that effective ?
Yes, in case the opponent has more firepower, it's better to operate well dispersed so as not to present a big target.

Back
Top Bottom