What's new

Pakistan Army | News and Discussions

Passing out parade of cadets of 144th Long Course, held at Pakistan Military Academy (PMA) Kakul

Chief guest, CGS, Royal Saudi Armed Forces General Fayiadh bin Hamed bin Raged Al-Rowaily.

Received by, Major General Omer Ahmed Bokhari, Commandant PMA.

1633816293432.png

1633816324896.png

1633816348446.png

A picture from Pakistan and Russia military exercise Druzhba-VI ..

Russians got the map of Pakistan RIGHT.

Note: Background shows the complete map of Pakistan .

1633870815458.png

Iran’s chief of armed forces to visit Pakistan on Tuesday

Iran’s chief of armed forces to visit Pakistan on Tuesday

https://nation.com.pk/NewsSource/web-desk
Web Desk
10:38 PM | October 11, 2021

Chief of Staff of Iranian Armed Forces Major-General Mohammed Bagheri is scheduled to pay an official visit to Pakistan in a bid to develop military and defense diplomacy.

Bagheri has been invited by the Chief of Army Staff or COAS General Qamar Javed Bajwa.

Minister for Information and Broadcasting Fawad Chaudhry said on Tuesday that legal course will be followed for the appointment of the new Director-General (DG) Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI), and Prime Minister Imran Khan has the authority to do that.

“There is complete agreement between PM Imran Khan and COAS Qamar Javed Bajwa on the appointment of DG ISI,” Fawad said, while addressing a press conference in Islamabad after the cabinet meeting chaired by Prime Minister Imran Khan.

The minister informed reporters that the premier and General Bajwa met last night, and both have a very close relationship.

"Gen Bajwa and the prime minister have close and cordial relations. And it is also important from a historical perspective that there are ideal relations between Pakistan's civilian and military leaderships," he added.

Addressing ongoing speculation regarding differences between PM Imran and COAS Bajwa over the appointment of the new DG ISI, Fawad said: “Prime Minister will never take a step that could impact the prestige of Pakistan’s Army and its Chief.”

He reiterated that both sides have an agreement on the process, adding that all appointments have taken place after broad consultations and the new DG ISI will be appointed after completing all legal requirements.

Fawad also appreciated the media for not sensationalising the issue of the DG ISI's appointment.

Can somebody explain why the average Pakistani infantry soldier is so under equipped? Not talking about special forces. Just your average Pakistani soldier. I noticed the same thing with Indian soldiers.

I was watching a video from Lebanon. The average Lebanese soldier seemed much better equipped than the average Pakistani/Indian soldier. The Lebanese military does not even rank in the top 50. In comparison both Pakistan and India rank in the top 10. Most of Lebanon's military budget comes from overseas aid.

Pakistan and India both billions of dollars every year to maintain their nuclear arsenals. Yet they can't spend a couple of million of dollars to give their solider proper equipment?

Can somebody explain why the average Pakistani infantry soldier is so under equipped? Not talking about special forces. Just your average Pakistani soldier. I noticed the same thing with Indian soldiers.

I was watching a video from Lebanon. The average Lebanese soldier seemed much better equipped than the average Pakistani/Indian soldier. The Lebanese military does not even rank in the top 50. In comparison both Pakistan and India rank in the top 10. Most of Lebanon's military budget comes from overseas aid.

Pakistan and India both billions of dollars every year to maintain their nuclear arsenals. Yet they can't spend a couple of million of dollars to give their solider proper equipment?
Maybe you’re looking at older photos or ones of soldiers not deployed in Ops zones. The average PA soldiers standard gear has increased a lot over the course of the war on Terror, it’s just that our military doesn’t do many photo Ops.

As for Lebanon, keep in mind they have a tiny, foreign funded military and were a rather wealthy country up until recently, Pakistan and Indian armies are massive, even then, I think regular PA soldiers are better equipped than either.

Maybe you’re looking at older photos or ones of soldiers not deployed in Ops zones. The average PA soldiers standard gear has increased a lot over the course of the war on Terror, it’s just that our military doesn’t do many photo Ops.

As for Lebanon, keep in mind they have a tiny, foreign funded military and were a rather wealthy country up until recently, Pakistan and Indian armies are massive, even then, I think regular PA soldiers are better equipped than either.
That could be true. I thinked the pictures i was looking at was from Swat operation in 2009.

That could be true. I thinked the pictures i was looking at was from Swat operation in 2009.
Look at 2016-present pictures and see the difference, it’s true that in 2009 PA wasn’t well equipped on the individual level, but those operations are exactly what pushed it towards that.

General Qamar Javed Bajwa, Chief of Army Staff (COAS) visited Army Air Defence Centre Karachi today.

Lieutenant General Hamood uz Zaman Khan; Commander Army Air Defence Command briefed COAS on strategic weapon system.

1634234639792.png

1634234704079.png

1634234744336.png

1634234763631.png

COAS General Qamar Javed Bajwa, is briefed during exercise Jidar-ul-Hadeed in Thar Desert by Lt General Nadeem Ahmed Anjum.

1634425861040.png

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom