What's new

Pakistan Army | News and Discussions

The Australian Royal Military College Duntroon has declared a Pakistan Army cadet the overall best foreign national Military Cadet.

In a tweet, Director-General Inter-Services Public Relations (DG ISPR) Major General Babar Iftikhar announced that Cadet Muhammad Haris Mairaj was declared overall best foreign national Military Cadet passing out parade held at the Royal Military College, Duntroon, Australia.
5fc870dec165c.jpeg

The Pakistan Army has revealed today that 83% of the Pakistan-Afghanistan border has been completely fenced and work is ongoing on complete fencing by mid-2021. Work on the fence began in 2017 with a $500 million price tag.

The entire border will be double-fenced with 3 meter tall chain-link fences separated by barbed wire. The 2,600 kilometre long fence will cut through snow capped mountain peaks in the north to valleys and plains in the south.

Furthermore, ISPR also revealed that 30% of the 900 kilometre long Pakistan-Iran border has also been similarly fenced and work will complete by late 2021.

Both borders will be surveilled by hundreds of colour and thermal-imaging cameras as well as armed reconnaissance drones and will also feature hundreds of major and minor border forts manned by Pakistani forces.

1607200359323.png

1607200388355.png

Though this fence is a good initiative and reduced terrorism in Pakistan. But there is design fault with net fence as it can not prevent small arm fire from other side of the fence. Due to which army and border guards are being killed by firing of Afghan terrorists. They should have build a concrete fence specially in selected areas where terrorist threats is high. They can still build a secondary concrete wall to prevent small arm fire.

Pakistan to complete 2600-km Pak-Afghan border fencing within two months. The $500m project also includes border forts, surveillance, intrusion detection system. Pakistan is fencing its borders with Afghanistan & Iran to curb smuggling, terrorists’ infiltration, illegal crossings https://t.co/MStawGd3Dw
IMG_20201206_090622.jpeg
IMG_20201206_090626.jpeg

Soldier giving guard of honor to the guest in the video are wearing dark brown uniform instead of khaki. Is that the uniform of a particular regiment or is it standard uniform for winter? (although i don't see why winter uniform shoul be different color).

@PanzerKiel

Soldier giving guard of honor to the guest in the video are wearing dark brown uniform instead of khaki. Is that the uniform of a particular regiment or is it standard uniform for winter? (although i don't see why winter uniform shoul be different color).

@PanzerKiel
This dress is worn by troops who are specially detailed for honor guards of foreign dignitaries or VVIP personalities of our country.

This dress is worn by troops who are specially detailed for honor guards of foreign dignitaries or VVIP personalities of our country.
Thanks. Mainly I was asking because on numerous occasions I have seen soldiers in khaki providing guard of honor so I though it might be winter dress.

1607976936919.png

Pakistan independence day at Razmak, Waziristan, 15 August 1947.

Indian and Pakistani independence in August 1947 spelled the end of the British Indian Army and its administration. The division of this force was overseen by Field Marshal Sir Claude Auchinleck. Around 260,000 men, mainly Hindus and Sikhs, went to India and 140,000 men, mainly Muslims, went to Pakistan.

From a photograph album, collated and annotated by Lieutenant Frank Leeson, Sikh Regiment.

Back
Top Bottom