What's new

Pakistan Army | News and Discussions

@Gryphon I seem to have insufficient privileges to reply on the Retaking Kashmir thread. @PanzerKiel is teasing us regarding what seems to be changes in the ORBAT for Pakistan Army.

Without any insider info, I can guess that this is in a new Strike Corps and (what Panzer said earlier) about more IABGs (double, so probably around 14).

My guess about the new Strike Corps is because of the General with the SC badge but unit badge missing, and how @PanzerKiel refused to reveal it. There are also apparently two classified "Artillery Divisions".

From looking at the map and placement of present units, I would imagine that there is a new Corps also in the Northern Areas with NLI forming regular units there. Further south, there is a big gap south of Multan to Karachi. I'm going to imagine that there is a new Corps there somewhere as well.

How did I do @PanzerKiel ?

@Gryphon I seem to have insufficient privileges to reply on the Retaking Kashmir thread. @PanzerKiel is teasing us regarding what seems to be changes in the ORBAT for Pakistan Army.

Without any insider info, I can guess that this is in a new Strike Corps and (what Panzer said earlier) about more IABGs (double, so probably around 14).

My guess about the new Strike Corps is because of the General with the SC badge but unit badge missing, and how @PanzerKiel refused to reveal it. There are also apparently two classified "Artillery Divisions".

From looking at the map and placement of present units, I would imagine that there is a new Corps also in the Northern Areas with NLI forming regular units there. Further south, there is a big gap south of Multan to Karachi. I'm going to imagine that there is a new Corps there somewhere as well.

na bhai, not that big a change, but for us military guys, its big. Just shifting of a major formation from one Corps to another.

The greater number of Armored Brigades(not IABGs, they remain the same) has some other purpose.

But to make you stay on track, there is no plan to raise a new Corps anywhere, anytime soon.

But am more interested in discussing the IA ORBAT, why arent we discussing theirs? That should be the first thing, instead of discussing ours here.

na bhai, not that big a change, but for us military guys, its big. Just shifting of a major formation from one Corps to another.

The greater number of Armored Brigades(not IABGs, they remain the same) has some other purpose.

But to make you stay on track, there is no plan to raise a new Corps anywhere, anytime soon.

But am more interested in discussing the IA ORBAT, why arent we discussing theirs? That should be the first thing, instead of discussing ours here.

You're right let's discuss that. @Signalian you surely have a thread for it? I'll contribute with my civilian ideas : )

I am curious to know what is stopping you. All the information current at that time was shared months ago.

I am curious to know what is stopping you. All the information current at that time was shared months ago.

Actually, i dont want to start a new thread for nothing. I am sure there must be an existing thread for which i am waiting.

Actually, i dont want to start a new thread for nothing. I am sure there must be an existing thread for which i am waiting.

There is; to be precise, there are. What I am saying in turn is that this is ancient history as one of your interlocutors has been very active on both. I am surprised at his long silence.

You're right let's discuss that. @Signalian you surely have a thread for it? I'll contribute with my civilian ideas : )
To defend Bhuj, will Indian Army use;

1. 11th Infantry Division?
or
2. 34th Infantry Brigade ?
or
3. 54th Infantry Division as reinforcement.

or
or

Apart from 21 Strike Corps (31 Armored, 36 RAPID(S) and 41 RAMFOR)

12 Corps (HQ at Pune) has 11 Division, 12 RAPID(D) for defence. Corps troops include an armored brigade,mechanized brigade, artillery and AD brigades.

41 Artillery Division is located here directly under SC.

No new Corps!

The classified 'Artillery Divisions' are well - Strategic Force North & Strategic Force South. The missile artillery.

17 Div moved to 2 Corps?

or
or

An Independent Infantry Brigade Group is already located at Bhuj.

Where does 34 Infantry Brigade come in? There is no 34 Infantry Brigade in the whole Southern Command.

54 RAMFOR wont come in as reinforcement. It is part of Strike Corps and depleting this corps wont be a good idea.
Indian defense potential is already strong here.

17 Div moved to 2 Corps?

Nopes. 6 Armored Division cannot operate without 17.

@Signalian

Just to be clear, during the ORBAT exercise that was done earlier, I felt it was not desirable to go down below Division level for locations for Indian Army formations, (a) because it was inappropriate; this is not a Turkish or a Spanish defence related forum, after all; (b) because brigades are moved around from time to time, as developments take place within the Army.

Even the locations of all the divisions mentioned earlier are no longer 100% valid, as there are changes being made. These changes at the highest level are of separating out the fixed layer of air defence; there is also some discussion about logistics, communications and engineering (other than battlefield engineering, the role of the Sappers and of Pioneers). There are other changes, not transformative, but incremental, and these are best discovered by your good selves.

Good luck.

PS: Was it you asking about the defence of Bhuj? This came up in the last few days, and has already been answered; there is a Brigade located at Bhuj; short of a multi-division level attack, it should be able to see off inquisitive people without bursting into tears.

PS: Was it you asking about the defence of Bhuj? This came up in the last few days, and has already been answered; there is a Brigade located at Bhuj; short of a multi-division level attack, it should be able to see off inquisitive people without bursting into tears.
That brigade you mentioned, is it Indp or 34th?

Back
Top Bottom