What's new

Pakistan Army | News and Discussions

Are we getting Centauro B1 from Italy?

centauro_b1.jpg

1024px-Centauro01.JPEG

If we look at the technology demonstration of Pakistani defense companies in IDEAS, Pakistan could already make a tank destroyer much more modern than the Centauro system. Even if there is an urgent need for supply, many sub-systems are available. If you ask me, every system that Pakistan will take is must only for the purpose of technology transfer, after this stage.

If we look at the technology demonstration of Pakistani defense companies in IDEAS, Pakistan could already make a tank destroyer much more modern than the Centauro system. Even if there is an urgent need for supply, many sub-systems are available. If you ask me, every system that Pakistan will take is must only for the purpose of technology transfer, after this stage.

Italy is going to decomm these and they will become part of surplus stock.

Italy is going to decomm these and they will become part of surplus stock.
My brother, the common problem of our regions is the asymmetric threats. Terrorists now have very advanced ATGM systems. The systems you are talking about need a serious modernization in order to provide an effective service in the Pakistani army. The soldier's life is precious. Experienced personnel are raised with great sacrifices of the country. Of course, I cannot speak here on behalf of the Pakistani army, but as far as I can see, the US's regional policies will become increasingly dishonorable.

centauro_b1.jpg

1024px-Centauro01.JPEG
What capability or advantage will it bring in tactics and strategy?

Pakistani TD's are ATGM carriers, not main gun (smooth bore or rifled).

My brother, the common problem of our regions is the asymmetric threats. Terrorists now have very advanced ATGM systems. The systems you are talking about need a serious modernization in order to provide an effective service in the Pakistani army. The soldier's life is precious. Experienced personnel are raised with great sacrifices of the country. Of course, I cannot speak here on behalf of the Pakistani army, but as far as I can see, the US's regional policies will become increasingly dishonorable.
Turkish Forces are facing ATGM problem countering insurgents,not Pakistan.

Around 600 Km (~25%) of the 2430 km Afghan border has been fenced.

This figure stood at 150 km last december. Means this year #Pakistan has been fencing 1.2 km/day. At this rate it ill take 4 more years if the plan is to fence it all.

2017 figures for fencing done that year. [emoji116] https://t.co/uk2Om6EpX4

Around 600 Km (~25%) of the 2430 km Afghan border has been fenced.

This figure stood at 150 km last december. Means this year #Pakistan has been fencing 1.2 km/day. At this rate it ill take 4 more years if the plan is to fence it all.

2017 figures for fencing done that year. [emoji116] https://t.co/uk2Om6EpX4
Fencing of Afghan border

14 army units of 12,000 men are on a daily basis employed at about 14 sites to do the job.

400 vehicles are committed round-the-clock for transportation of construction material needed for the fencing

Around 1 km is fenced everyday.

Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa witnessed the ongoing Pak-China International Air Exercise Shaheen-VII at an operational air base of Pakistan Air Force.

Inter Services Public Relations, the media wing of the military, said on his arrival, the Army Chief was received by Air Chief Marshal Mujahid Anwar Khan, Chief of the Air Staff, Pakistan Air Force.

While interacting with combat crew, COAS Gen. Bajwa lauded professionalism of participants of exercise and appreciated the efforts of PAF and People’s Liberation Army Air Force (PLAAF) in conducting international air exercise in a befitting manner.

While highlighting the exemplary relations between Pakistan-China, he said that exercise would further strengthen and promote the friendship, exchanges and cooperation between two great nations and armed forces of both countries.

The exercise is seventh in the series of Shaheen exercises and is conducted each year on alternate basis.

Fencing of Afghan border

14 army units of 12,000 men are on a daily basis employed at about 14 sites to do the job.

400 vehicles are committed round-the-clock for transportation of construction material needed for the fencing

Around 1 km is fenced everyday.

Fencing of Pakistan Afghanistan border in winters
IMG_20181212_183144.jpg

Karachi, 12 December 2018:

General Qamar Javed Bajwa, Chief of Army Staff (COAS) visited Army Air Defence Centre Karachi. COAS installed Lieutenant General Hamood Uz Zaman Khan, as Colonel Commandant of Army Air Defence Corps. COAS appreciated the Corps for their contributions in war against terrorism. A large number of serving and retired officers and soldiers from Army Air Defence attended the ceremony.

Karachi, 12 December 2018: General Qamar Javed Bajwa, Chief of Army Staff (COAS) visited forward troops in Gadra Sector Sindh. COAS commended operational preparedness and high state of morale of the troops. He said that Pakistan Army is fully committed to guard the frontiers of country. Lieutenant General Humayun Aziz, Commander Karachi Corps accompanied the COAS during the visit.

COAS Gen. Bajwa says will continue to support all state institutions for peace, stability and progress of Pakistan

RAWALPINDI: Chief of Army Staff, General Qamar Javed Bajwa has said that we shall continue to support all state institutions for peace, stability and progress of the country in the best interest of the people of Pakistan

The Army Chief was chairing 216th Corps Commanders’ Conference at GHQ, Inter Services Public Relations said Thursday.

The Forum reviewed geo-strategic environment with special forus on regional security and situation on Eastern and Western Borders including the Line of Control.

Progress of the ongoing stability operations for internal security was also discussed.

The Forum highlighted importance of regional approach to eliminate roots of terrorism and attached hoped for success of ongoing Afghan reconciliation process while supporting all stakeholders to bring Afghan war to a peaceful logical conclusion.

It also pledged to safeguard against all external threats while consolidating gains of counter terrorism operations which have put security situation of the country on positive trajectory for socio-economic progress and development.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom