What's new

Pakistan Army | News and Discussions

Dj_qRkqXsAAEM45.jpg

Dj_qRkoXoAI0GJa.jpg

Dj_qRkjW0AIa5uS.jpg

Dj_qRkoXcAEokqV.jpg

Sept 19/14: Pakistan. The US DSCA announces Pakistan’s official export request for 160 Navistar Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) vehicles. That would certainly be an easy delivery from Afghanistan, for Excess Defense Article vehicles that the US Army was prepared to blow up rather than paying to ship them home:

• 30 MaxxPro Base DXM
  • 110 MaxxPro Dash DXM
  • 10 MaxxPro Dash DXM Ambulances
  • 10 MaxxPro Recovery Vehicles with protection kits
  • spare and repair parts, support and test equipment, publications and technical documentation, personnel training and equipment training, U.S. Government and contractor engineering, technical and logistics support services, and other related elements of logistical and program support.

The estimated cost is $198 million. These vehicles would be added to 22 MaxxPros (incl. 2 MRV recovery vehicles) that were already transferred under the Pakistan Counterinsurgency Capability Fund. The country’s years-long civil war involving the Pakistani Taliban will certainly provide Pakistan with opportunities to use these vehicles.

The principal contractor will be Navistar Defense Corporation in Madison Heights, MI. The proposed sale will require about 2 US Government and 24 Navistar contractor representatives in Pakistan for a period of approximately 18 months. They’ll perform inspections and deprocessing of vehicles upon delivery; provide assistance in installation of vehicle accessory kits; provide fault diagnosis and repairs; perform corrective maintenance, to include accident and battle damage assessment and repairs; conduct operator and maintainer training; and conduct inventories and maintain accountability of USG provided material. Sources: US DSCA #14-32, “Pakistan – Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) Vehicles” | Gannet Military Times, “Source: Pakistan already has U.S.-made MRAPs, new deal in works” (April 2014).

any update on this ?
I know 22 vehicles were delivered and another 40 to be delivered by end 2018

Russia to train Pakistani troops

352364_9791190_updates.jpg

RAWALPINDI: Russian Deputy Defence Minister of the Russian Federation, Colonel General Alexander V. Fomin, on a visit to Pakistan along with his delegation, has signed an agreement related to providing assistance to Pakistani troops for the first time ever.

DkOkIkoXoAAO-D8.jpg

Lieutenant General Javed Mahmood Bukhari appointed Commander Bahawalpur Corps.

Russia to train Pakistani troops

352364_9791190_updates.jpg

RAWALPINDI: Russian Deputy Defence Minister of the Russian Federation, Colonel General Alexander V. Fomin, on a visit to Pakistan along with his delegation, has signed an agreement related to providing assistance to Pakistani troops for the first time ever.

I guess this was in response to today’s news of US imet cancellation ??

So China, EU and Russia will be destination for future Pak military training and not US ??

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom