What's new

Pakistan Army Information

when u say 'numerous' - what do u mean - 6, 8, 10........lets assume we have 6 arty bde's - thats enough for 2 divisions. the formation of the 2nd arty div is probably a recent event - the other 3 bde's may be independent as of now, but soon to be subordinated to a strike corps.

Thank You. . . You really are a THINK TANK. . . :yahoo:

Ok guys:
i_am_watching_you_tshirt-p2353561770780235594enm_210.jpg

Last edited:
Pakistan Builds A Mystery MRAP

February 10, 2011: Pakistan has been fighting the Taliban along the Afghan border for the past three years and, not surprisingly, has had to cope with IEDs (Improved Explosive Devices) and RPGs used against vehicles. The Pakistani Army found it cheaper to build their own protective vehicles and devices, than import the stuff the United States and NATO troops were using. Thus Pakistani M-113 armored personnel carriers have been equipped with locally built metal cage type protection against RPGs. Pakistan has also built its own MRAP (Mine Resistant Ambush Protected) vehicles. The main model is called the Burraq. Few details have been released, but it appears to be a 12 ton, 4x4 vehicle that can carry 8 passengers. It has a V shaped underbody and is bulletproof. Pakistan wants to offer the vehicle for export, apparently hoping to gain market share based on low price. The Pakistanis have also been adding armor to their hummer type vehicles (Land Rovers), to give the passengers some protection against gunfire.

wow man that is some information, i didnt know it could be available on net, is it authentic :)

AoA! I don't know where to post my Question but plz let me ask 1 thing that I've applied for TCC (Technical cedit course) in pak army, Now I'm wondering that suppose I'm selected by army and ask me to get education..So, my Question is that if i join any diploma e.g telecommunication, then i have to pay any fee or pak army will bear my expenses related to my education? plz tell me????

AoA! I don't know where to post my Question but plz let me ask 1 thing that I've applied for TCC (Technical cedit course) in pak army, Now I'm wondering that suppose I'm selected by army and ask me to get education..So, my Question is that if i join any diploma e.g telecommunication, then i have to pay any fee or pak army will bear my expenses related to my education? plz tell me????

PA came to my school for recruting and they said that if i joined ill be paied and PA ll bear expenses

Very informative post :) we love to read about army and its activities, it is the only institute we can be proud of.

Pakistan Builds A Mystery MRAP

February 10, 2011: Pakistan has been fighting the Taliban along the Afghan border for the past three years and, not surprisingly, has had to cope with IEDs (Improved Explosive Devices) and RPGs used against vehicles. The Pakistani Army found it cheaper to build their own protective vehicles and devices, than import the stuff the United States and NATO troops were using. Thus Pakistani M-113 armored personnel carriers have been equipped with locally built metal cage type protection against RPGs. Pakistan has also built its own MRAP (Mine Resistant Ambush Protected) vehicles. The main model is called the Burraq. Few details have been released, but it appears to be a 12 ton, 4x4 vehicle that can carry 8 passengers. It has a V shaped underbody and is bulletproof. Pakistan wants to offer the vehicle for export, apparently hoping to gain market share based on low price. The Pakistanis have also been adding armor to their hummer type vehicles (Land Rovers), to give the passengers some protection against gunfire.

Sir, Any picture, quantity of it?

Onve you join the TCC or the AM College, the army pays for your studies.

War in Frontier Drives Pakistan's Efforts To Boost Protection - Defense News

War in Frontier Drives Pakistan's Efforts To Boost Protection

ISLAMABAD - Heavy casualties from roadside bomb attacks during anti-Taliban operations have led Pakistan's state-owned Heavy Industries Taxila (HIT) to increase vehicle protection and develop an indigenous mine-resistant, ambush-protected (MRAP) vehicle, the Burraq.

Military spokesmen have acknowledged the considerable casualties caused by improvised explosive devices (IEDs). This is echoed by South Asia analyst Brian Cloughley, who is familiar with some of the countermeasures employed.

"The Army's casualties from IEDs in [Khyber Pakhtunkhwa/Federally Administered Tribal Areas] began to increase in 2006, and countermeasures were taken, including local upgrades, less use of unarmored vehicles and introduction of more [armored personnel carriers] from the eastern frontier," he said.

He also said HIT concurrently increased production of the U.S. M113.

Initial efforts to counter the IED threat by acquiring MRAP vehicles from the U.S. were unsuccessful because of the high cost of overseas options, said Haris Khan of the Pakistan Military Consortium. Therefore, during the initial anti-Taliban operations, troop movements were carried out in soft-skinned vehicles (trucks and pick-ups), which offered no protection against small-arms, sniper, mine, IED and RPG-7 attacks.

The M113 was better protected but not the ideal response.

"The M113's armor doesn't provide much protection from small-arms' fire, never mind IEDs of the size that are now being employed by the insurgents," Cloughley said.

HIT responded by developing a lighter bar-armor package for fighting vehicles that has been fitted to the M113 and the Type-59II, which along with the Al-Zarrar tank, is used for mobile direct-fire support.

Earlier this month, at a conference organized by Defence iQ, a military forum, HIT chairman Lt. Gen. Ayyaz Salim Rana specifically cited Dragunov/SVD-armed snipers as a danger to the operators of turret-mounted heavy machine guns. In response, HIT developed a sheet-metal shelter to allow the heavy machine gun to be fired from under armor.

The Army also has deployed HIT's Mohafiz security vehicle, based on the British Land Rover Defender 110. The Mohafiz does not offer much protection against IEDs or mines. A slightly less armored variant of the Defender, the British Snatch vehicle, has been heavily criticized for its lack of protection in Afghanistan and Iraq.

To counter the IED/mine menace, HIT developed the Burraq, a four-wheel-drive MRAP first seen on state media briefly in February 2010.

Despite being denied the opportunity to publicly unveil the Burraq at the canceled IDEAS2010 show in December, HIT still refused to give any information. Still, Cloughley has praised it as "a step in the right direction." From his initial observations, Khan said, "it can accommodate at least eight or perhaps even 12 men," and probably weighs about 12 to 15 tons. He said the main benefit of the Burraq is its obvious V-shaped hull and raised compartment to protect the crew against mines and IEDs. He also said that, like the Mohafiz, it would provide "basic protection against 7.62mm armor-piercing bullets, though it may have the capacity to have additional armor fitted to withstand 14.5mm or even RPG-7 rounds."

He also observed that the Burraq used the same wheels as the Mohafiz, which perhaps indicates HIT tried to use as many existing subsystems from the smaller vehicle as possible to hurry the Burraq into service.

"It is certainly geared toward fighting in the rough terrain of northwest Pakistan," Cloughley said.

what is the name and role of the vehicle from 0:56 to 0:57 in the above video?
it looks too tall to be an APC.

some sort of a mobile command centre or just a lightly armoured transport to be used in support or COIN?
doesnt look like it can survive like a conventional APC would any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom