What's new

Pakistan Army fires 11 serving officers including Generals for corruption.

Which is why I believe that by denying them a bribe, I do the poor and destitute of this country a service.

The loss is merely transferred Sir. What you lost by selling the jeep at a lower price was probably far more than the initial bribe, but it probably made you feel better, without changing the system at all.

The loss is merely transferred Sir. What you lost by selling the jeep at a lower price was probably far more than the initial bribe, but it probably made you feel better, without changing the system at all.

Hahahahaha, you could say I am an idealist. If you are feeling less diplomatic, simply 'idiot' would suffice. However, as I said before, I am convinced that by resisting the culture of wetting some palms to make things progress smoothly, I am doing this country a service, as a soldier that thought is enough to keep me motivated even if I have to keep pushing against a brick wall.

Hahahahaha, you could say I am an idealist. If you are feeling less diplomatic, simply 'idiot' would suffice. However, as I said before, I am convinced that by resisting the culture of wetting some palms to make things progress smoothly, I am doing this country a service, as a soldier that thought is enough to keep me motivated even if I have to keep pushing against a brick wall.

In contrast to your idealism, I would guess that the person buying your jeep at a much lower price paid the necessary "fees" and still came out ahead. Yes, your idealism served his pragmatism very well. After all, Pakistani society is masterful at transferring risks and rewards by manipulation, not by merit, as your example shows.

Further, to go back to the officer's original crime, it is not even a crime to drive NCP vehicles in certain areas of Pakistan, including perhaps in the areas under their jurisdiction. If all the facts are made known, the odds are that this incident will be more a slap on the wrist to create a political ploy and not the exemplary action against freeing the Army of corruption it is being claimed to be. After all, the processes that made the original incident possible are still in play, unchanged, smuggling and sharing included.

Last edited:
In contrast to your idealism, I would guess that the person buying your jeep at a much lower price paid the necessary "fees" and still came out ahead. Yes, your idealism served his pragmatism very well. After all, Pakistani society is masterful at transferring risks and rewards by manipulation, not by merit, as your example shows.

I would contest the last part, numerous societies believe in the concept of individual and collective struggle towards the illusive 'greater good', by some irony, the US is one of those societies that prides itself on volunteer service to the benefit of society. In line with that, serving jury duty does not ensure justice, helping out at soup kitchens does not eliminate hunger, donating your extra clothes to the Salvation Army does not mean that no one will be cold but that does not stop anyone from partaking in these activities does it? Their individuals act may not be able to marginally affect society, much rather change it, but it does give them the peace of mind of having made a difference at least at the personal level. Unless of course you want to make a nihilist analysis of the entire concept of social responsibility, in which case, what is society to begin with? :-D

I would contest the last part, numerous societies believe in the concept of individual and collective struggle towards the illusive 'greater good', by some irony, the US is one of those societies that prides itself on volunteer service to the benefit of society. In line with that, serving jury duty does not ensure justice, helping out at soup kitchens does not eliminate hunger, donating your extra clothes to the Salvation Army does not mean that no one will be cold but that does not stop anyone from partaking in these activities does it? Their individuals act may not be able to marginally affect society, much rather change it, but it does give them the peace of mind of having made a difference at least at the personal level. Unless of course you want to make a nihilist analysis of the entire concept of social responsibility, in which case, what is society to begin with? :-D

Sir, all I will say is that I can understand your idealism. :D

i think examples like this have been set before as well, however not been informed to public

You need to remember that a Serving Maj General & Lt Generals were among those Sacked ....... Now I wonder what will the Army Haters say now ?
yes you are right

i think examples like this have been set before as well, however not been informed to public
There should be a strict policy for these kind of curropt peoples

There should be a strict policy for these kind of curropt peoples

The policy is already strict though a few examples are made public that too to convey a message that no exception will be made.

Why just sacked? Court martial and bullet in the head in needed..and then throw their bodies in the traitor grave yard..

Why just sacked? Court martial and bullet in the head in needed..and then throw their bodies in the traitor grave yard..
Do you realize we dont have a graveyard big enough!!! If all corruption was rooted out where would theee be any fun in society? Secondly who is honest enough to investigate,bring a case,get an impartial verdict and execute a punishment when all parties involved in the process are corrupt to the core.
It is indeed a sad state of affairs!!!
A

Good move. Army is a service to the people, not a corporation or political party. Moves like this will make the army more professional

Whatever happened to these corrupt army Generals, why r these DHAs standing in cities of Pakistan, why is Army running civilian commerial entities, why there is no Army Tax?

Where is the judiciary of Pakistan?

Bloody traitors.

Pakistan's ridiculous culture of leniency needs to end.

"Punishments" are often undesirable postings or, God forbid, the dreaded early retirement.

Abusing the power of your office for personal gain, large scale corruption, etc., must be considered treason and dealt with harshly (i.e. life / death sentence.) We may start to see creeping improvements in the system then...

Back
Top Bottom