What's new

Pakistan Army Committed Genocide: US Resolution On 1971 Bangladesh Atrocities

US wants the military establishment in Pakistan to do certain things which includes becoming anti china, being subservient to india, allowing more US oversight over nukes, giving military bases and getting rid of anti US groups in Pakistan.

US wants the military establishment in Pakistan to do certain things which includes becoming anti china, being subservient to india, allowing more US oversight over nukes, giving military bases and getting rid of anti US groups in Pakistan.
Survival as a country is secured by its economic success. War mongers in Pakistan have successfully taken Pakistan to a point of no return. Pakistan spends more on defense than its economy should allow.

It is time Pakistan thinks more seriously about whatever may happen to its integrity once it is more in the economic quagmire. This is what India has been soliciting from the Pakistani leadership: keep on shouting jargon on Kashmir, build up your military to waste money, and do not build up your economy.

Indian plans are working well and Indian wishes are being materialized. So, please take care of the integrity of Pakistan by any means. An economic collapse has many unwanted consequences.

I feel Pakistan has fallen into secret Indian wishes. Pakistan needs American help at this juncture, and I believe America will help Pakistan to keep it safe from Indian design.

Pakistan Army Committed Genocide: US Resolution On 1971 Bangladesh Atrocities​

"We must not let the years erase the memory of the millions who were massacred. Recognising the genocide strengthens the historical record, educates our fellow Americans, and lets would-be perpetrators know such crimes will not be tolerated or forgotten," Chabot, a Republican member, tweeted.​

World Press Trust of India
Updated : October 15, 2022 10:06 am IST

Pakistan Army committed genocide in Bangladesh, says resolution introduced in US House

Washington:

Two influential American lawmakers have introduced a resolution in the House of Representatives that urges the US President to recognise the atrocities committed against ethnic Bengalis and Hindus by the Pakistani armed forces in 1971 as a genocide.

Indian-American Congressman Ro Khanna and Congressman Seve Chabot introduced the resolution in the US House of Representatives on Friday which among other things calls on the government of Pakistan to offer apologies to the people of Bangladesh for its role in such a genocide.

"We must not let the years erase the memory of the millions who were massacred. Recognising the genocide strengthens the historical record, educates our fellow Americans, and lets would-be perpetrators know such crimes will not be tolerated or forgotten," Chabot, a Republican Party member, said in a tweet.

"The Bangladesh Genocide of 1971 must not be forgotten. With help from my Hindu constituents in Ohio's First District, Ro Khanna and I introduced legislation to recognise that the mass atrocities committed against Bengalis and Hindus, in particular, were indeed a genocide," Chabot said.

Khanna, a Democrat and the US Representative from California's 17th congressional district, tweeted that he along with Chabot introduced the first resolution commemorating the 1971 Bengali Genocide in which millions of ethnic Bengalis and Hindus were killed or displaced in one of the most forgotten genocides of "our" time.

There was a genocide. Millions of people were killed (in 1971) in what is now Bangladesh, and what was then East Pakistan. About 80 per cent of those millions that were killed were Hindus, Chabot, US Representative for Ohio's 1st congressional district, said.

"And it was, in my opinion, a genocide just like other genocides - like the Holocaust - happened. And there were others that have occurred, and this was one that, thus far, hasn't really been declared by definition. And we are working on this now," he said.

The resolution has been welcomed by the Bangladeshi community.

Saleem Reza Noor, whose family members were brutally murdered by armed Islamists in 1971, expressed relief after 51 years of despair.

"Our genocide is finally getting recognition in the US Congress," Noor said.

He expressed satisfaction as both Republicans and Democrats joined forces to introduce a historic resolution that has the potential to reshape the geopolitics of South Asia, Central Asia, and the Indo-Pacific.

Priya Saha, executive director of the Human Rights Congress for Bangladesh Minorities (HRCBM), said: "On this 51st anniversary of Bangladesh's independence, we hope that millions of people in Bangladesh who were systematically exterminated by the Pakistan army and their collaborators in 1971 will be formally memorialised."

Aroma Dutta, a member of Parliament from the Hindu community in Bangladesh whose grandfather and uncle were killed by the Pakistan Armed Forces, said: "My grandfather, Dhirendra Nath Datta (85 years), along with his son, Dilip Datta (40 Years), were picked up by the brutal Pakistani Army on the 29th of March, 1971.

"They were taken into the Mainamati Cantonment in Cumilla, brutally tortured for more than two weeks and murdered; their lifeless bodies were thrown into a ditch, never to be found. Until today, they lie in a mass grave," she said.

"I want the killers to be punished for murdering innocent people, including the elderly, young women, and children," she said.

(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)

Well ... regime change ...PDM is a curse for Pakistani people. ...Pakistan is in trouble since this PDM came in power.... what a fvckin curse this regime change .....
Why an Indian Hindu and hillbilly from Ohio so much concerned about this issue .... We thought being a member of 1955 treaty , US will rescue Pakistan during the 71 war...

We thought being a member of 1955 treaty , US will rescue Pakistan during the 71 war...
Why the west Pakistani military establishment started the war in 1971 instead of relinquishing power to the elected representatives of the then country?

And here you are lamenting that the USA did not intervene in 1971. Very strange comment!! America is not as thick a brain as you yourself are!!

Why the west Pakistani military establishment started the war in 1971 instead of relinquishing power to the elected representatives of the then country?

And here you are lamenting that the USA did not intervene in 1971. Very strange comment!! America is not as thick a brain as you yourself are!!
That is a different debate about relinquishing power. But that was the First State Sponsored Terrorism by India in East Pakistan.

"We must not let the years erase the memory of the millions who were massacred. Recognising the genocide strengthens the historical record, educates our fellow Americans, and lets would-be perpetrators know such crimes will not be tolerated or forgotten," Chabot, a Republican member, tweeted.​

Pakistan Army committed genocide in Bangladesh, says resolution introduced in US House

Washington:

Two influential American lawmakers have introduced a resolution in the House of Representatives that urges the US President to recognise the atrocities committed against ethnic Bengalis and Hindus by the Pakistani armed forces in 1971 as a genocide.

Indian-American Congressman Ro Khanna and Congressman Seve Chabot introduced the resolution in the US House of Representatives on Friday which among other things calls on the government of Pakistan to offer apologies to the people of Bangladesh for its role in such a genocide.

"We must not let the years erase the memory of the millions who were massacred. Recognising the genocide strengthens the historical record, educates our fellow Americans, and lets would-be perpetrators know such crimes will not be tolerated or forgotten," Chabot, a Republican Party member, said in a tweet.

"The Bangladesh Genocide of 1971 must not be forgotten. With help from my Hindu constituents in Ohio's First District, Ro Khanna and I introduced legislation to recognise that the mass atrocities committed against Bengalis and Hindus, in particular, were indeed a genocide," Chabot said.

Khanna, a Democrat and the US Representative from California's 17th congressional district, tweeted that he along with Chabot introduced the first resolution commemorating the 1971 Bengali Genocide in which millions of ethnic Bengalis and Hindus were killed or displaced in one of the most forgotten genocides of "our" time.

There was a genocide. Millions of people were killed (in 1971) in what is now Bangladesh, and what was then East Pakistan. About 80 per cent of those millions that were killed were Hindus, Chabot, US Representative for Ohio's 1st congressional district, said.

"And it was, in my opinion, a genocide just like other genocides - like the Holocaust - happened. And there were others that have occurred, and this was one that, thus far, hasn't really been declared by definition. And we are working on this now," he said.

Saleem Reza Noor, whose family members were brutally murdered by armed Islamists in 1971, expressed relief after 51 years of despair.

He expressed satisfaction as both Republicans and Democrats joined forces to introduce a historic resolution that has the potential to reshape the geopolitics of South Asia, Central Asia, and the Indo-Pacific.

Priya Saha, executive director of the Human Rights Congress for Bangladesh Minorities (HRCBM), said: "On this 51st anniversary of Bangladesh's independence, we hope that millions of people in Bangladesh who were systematically exterminated by the Pakistan army and their collaborators in 1971 will be formally memorialised."

Aroma Dutta, a member of Parliament from the Hindu community in Bangladesh whose grandfather and uncle were killed by the Pakistan Armed Forces, said: "My grandfather, Dhirendra Nath Datta (85 years), along with his son, Dilip Datta (40 Years), were picked up by the brutal Pakistani Army on the 29th of March, 1971.

"They were taken into the Mainamati Cantonment in Cumilla, brutally tortured for more than two weeks and murdered; their lifeless bodies were thrown into a ditch, never to be found. Until today, they lie in a mass grave," she said.

"I want the killers to be punished for murdering innocent people, including the elderly, young women, and children," she said.

(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)

yeah yeah,
the same pakistan army that bailed out the US twice.
The same US which has committed nuclear stirkes
the same US that ran guantanamo and abughuraib prisons.

That the fucking hell ..

Washington:

I believe Bengalis, Pakistan should apologize.

It is good. I am enjoying every bit of this shit show. When you trust a snake you are bound to get bitten.

Lmfaooo

Papa John army did not learn a lesson from 1971 they were
ready to repeat the mistake on 25th May azadi march.

They fired tear gas and rubber bullets on women and children,
since that day I have lost respect for the Army.

If IK did not call off the march then there would of been a bloodbath.

That day was one of the biggest blackpill moments for me in terms of Pakistani affairs.

Washington:

these people love to lie a lot...

ok for the apologist of this lie ... any proofs?.

I believe Bengalis, Pakistan should apologize.

of course as a Afghani/india fake poster you would say that..

Why the west Pakistani military establishment started the war in 1971

nope..

indian started the war.

Hey, they shouldn't forget the millions that were raped too.

so where are the off spring?

one would think if millions were raped than better looking bangdeshis would be running around?

There was no genocide in 1971. Let alone one committed by Pak Military.

There was a civil war, mostly, between militant leftist Hindus and Biharis. First Biharis killed 100k+ Hindus with thousands raped. Hindus then massacred 100k+ Biharis in revenge. To this day Biharis are scared of leaving their UN protected refugee camps.

Hasina executed those involved in the killing of Hindus.

We now need same justice for the Biharis.

About 25K+ Bangladeshi Muslims died - mostly liberation warriors and civilians in cross fire.

Sheikh Mujib confirmed the total deaths as THREE lakhs but RAW propagandists turned it into THREE million deaths.

Very few Bangladeshi Muslims believe the three million number. It’s a joke that trivialises actual deaths of our heroic liberation warriors.

a well researched answer.

to set the record straight the events of 1971 were the fault of two characters.. Gen Yayha khan and Bhutto , these two were racist, power hungry bastards. They could not tolerate a Bengali ruling Pakistan,

India;s role in East Pakistan is well documented which includes false lies, terrorism, and creating friction. Then againt India is a enemy state.. all they care is about killing muslims and nothing else.

I support all efforts to extradite Pakistan Army personnel responsible for atrocities of 1971 war. Also, BD and US should issue International Arrest warrants for criminal Bajwa and his criminals deputies for gross violation of human rights inside Pakistan including killing of thousands of people in KPK and Baluchistan, kidnapping of Pakistan people, and illegal detention of journalists.

That is a different debate about relinquishing power. But that was the First State Sponsored Terrorism by India in East Pakistan.
Whatever you term it, the BD govt in exile in Kolkata was recognized by the GoI in December 1971, and the exiled GoB requested Indian interference on the matter of PA trying to occupy Bangladesh.

So, India interfered at the request of the recognized Provisional govt of Bangladesh. Why it is then India's fault and not Pakistan's? I understand that PA understood it and surrendered within days.

But, you are unable to understand it. Bangladesh was not your property. It is owned by us. And we have already presented another big land to you in the west after many decades of struggle.

Now, it is time you protect that land. Think that Pakistan is in an economic quagmire that may change geography again.

Whatever you term it, the BD govt in exile in Kolkata was recognized by the GoI in December 1971, and the exiled GoB requested Indian interference on the matter of PA trying to occupy Bangladesh.

So, India interfered at the request of the recognized Provisional govt of Bangladesh. Why it is then India's fault and not Pakistan's? I understand that PA understood it and surrendered within days.

But, you are unable to understand it. Bangladesh was not your property. It is owned by us. And we have already presented another big land to you in the west after many decades of struggle.

Now, it is time you protect that land. Think that Pakistan is in an economic quagmire that may change geography again.

I thank God that he gave me the ability to finally see through the lies and deception of Pakistani Generals. In all honestly, BD people fought a war of independence in 1971 against the Fascist Generals of Pakistan Army. These Generals were subjugating and terrorizing people of then East Pakistan through fascism just like what they have done to people of West Pakistan or the present day Pakistan. BD people fought bravely and gained their independence, and today BD people are much better and happier and on a path of progress. Unlike the timid and weak people of Pakistan today who have do not have the guts to rise up and fight against tyranny.

Back
Top Bottom