What's new

Pakistan Army: Better trained?

Well maybe since you guys are convinced that the PAK army has god on its side then you should save some money and arm them with wooden sticks. Since god will undoubtedly save them right? Time for a reality check for the kiddies. When you are under fire you pray to God to help you. You also pray for fire support, ammo, air cover and tanks. And when you don't have those you fall back onto your training. The realistic training which teaches you how to deal with the situation.

God helps those who help themselves. Or another way to say it, is to quote a Clint Eastwood line from a film. "God is not on your side because he doesn't like idiots either"

Well maybe since you guys are convinced that the PAK army has god on its side then you should save some money and arm them with wooden sticks. Since god will undoubtedly save them right? Time for a reality check for the kiddies. When you are under fire you pray to God to help you. You also pray for fire support, ammo, air cover and tanks. And when you don't have those you fall back onto your training. The realistic training which teaches you how to deal with the situation.

God helps those who help themselves. Or another way to say it, is to quote a Clint Eastwood line from a film. "God is not on your side because he doesn't like idiots either"

I completely agree with you !

Keysersoze,

True.

Training is the Key.

Religion cannot save one from bullets!

salimif u keep pounding and inflicting heavy damage on the indians from the west do u think theyll open a true front war.

salimif u keep pounding and inflicting heavy damage on the indians from the west do u think theyll open a true front war.

I have not understood what you are asking of me.

Pounding from the West and inflicting damage?

If you are meaning an attack from the West along the International border (not Line of control), it is obvious that there will be reaction.

Hi,

Where are you getting this ridiculous information that most of the israeli troops have served in the u s army----are you people going to think like little kids all the time---israeli army is not inducted in the u s forces and niether do they have imbeded troops in iraq or afghanistan.

The star of david graves are of the american jews and not israelis---please don't let common sense run ammock---this is a well educated defence forum for adults---children need to join a forum where they can entertain their childish fantasies. There are muslim soldiers graves in the u s as well---what does that mean---.

In pakistan you will find some graves of christians who fought in the pakistan army. So, according to your anology, all christians have been fighting alongside pakistanis against the indians---I just want to know which world are you kids living in---who is feeding you with this crap---or are you making it up in your spare time as you go along.

For your information---in combat or in air strikes---the americans donot take any foreign troops along with them regardless if they are israelis---all troops train amongst themselves in certain groups---each person has a task at hand---each group has a team leader who has worked with that team---Keyesersoze will be able to tell you more about it---but please refrain from posting silly posts.

Israeli soldiers are extremely proffessional, dedicated, well trained, well equipped and highly respected by all the armies of the world for the job that they are trained to do.

HOODHOOD, I don't know what you were thinking when you posted that stuff.

Guys, please stop the 1971 debate. That was 37 years ago. it doesnt really matter which army was better trained at that time. we r focusing on the present now.

i think the best trained army is that of USA. Equipment and technology aside, the training they get is simply awesome. They have simulations and more computerised training techniques that most armies cant afford. as for their airfroce, check redflag exercise. the american pilots have access to the most advanced trainign facility in the world.

at the end of the day, training is very much proportional to the funds spent on training. USA spends more on training than any other nation, and i'm pretty sure US army is the best trained in the world.

Now about them losing in iraq, thats coz the soldiers are demoralised and believe that they are not fighting for a just cause. if the USA ever had to fight to defend its true interests, like in WW1 or WW2, then you'll see just how well the US soldiers fight.

i think bravery has nothin to do with religion it was more to do with the love of the country you belong to and are willing to die for

totally agreed

Religion or Not .... Motive does play a vital role .... Faith for cause is what makes us go on .... in every faculty of life ...
Is Religion important .... for an army personnel ... ??? well it is not a matter of religion ...it is a matter of faith ... we do take our strength from it .. there is no doubt ... faith in fighting for the right cause of Allah is what makes us go on even in the most adverse of times .... Germans fought with the faith that they were the greatest nation on earth ....and deserved more space for living and expansion .... Russians fought for their motherland ..... so did so many other armies in history ... so cause and faith is the basic ingredient for any soldier to step in the line of fire ...
As far as we are concerned .... well .... therewas a time in ZIa's era when religion formed the basis of every act and motive of what an army personnel did .... y .. well it was required so that the question "Y" of the holy war against the Russians could by curbed .... but in times to come ... this theme was not deemed suitable for the army .... since the very same backfired and army was expected to fight in exactly the opposite manner ..... therefore the Theme of 'Pakistan' was conjured up ... "sab say pehlay Pakistan" and this is what we are made to believe and fight for today ...
and in my right mind .. i believe that ... Pakistan should have been the theme of Pakistan Army right from the outset .. we are not trained to defend Islam ..... the damage done by the former theme is that we have started beleiving .... that we are the Thekedaars of Islam and that it is out obligation to fight where ever Muslims are in trouble .....
... Why our national psyche today is ... more prone to the non-existent concept of UMMAH is basically because ... of the National Strat over the years that has made us fall victim to false beliefs .. i believe in Pakistan and I believe in fighting for Pakistan .. that is my theme ....
Religion is my motive to lead a good and decent life .. but i am not going to superimpose it into a lie to fake belief that whenever i will pick up arms against an adversary .. it will be for Islam ..... No sir .. it will be for Pakistan and i guess that is what the pakistani nation should really be confirming to .....Pakistan is an Island in the sea of International Politics ... Pakistan lives alone and dies alone ....

iceman very interesting observation - wasnt it musharraf who said in his jan-02 speech that we r not "thekadaars of jihad" and that if any jihad has to take place it would be by the PA and no one else.

i am not a very bog fan of the guy . but atleast ... he got this one right ... We are so obsessed with the non-existant idea UMMAH that we look forward to export wheat to Afghanistan ... when the people of Pakistan are Qd up to buy a Kg of the basic commodity of life .... whereas the custodians of Islam . .. the Saudis are bz investing $ 7 trillion in US economy .... that is what i call "looking after own interest" ... the entire muslim world is quiet over the issue of Kashmir .. .but no sir ... we have to blabber all over the UN Security council ......on the issue of Palestine ....
I am in no way advocating that we should join the party of WRONGS just because everyone else is doing so ..... but we have an example ... "if we are not strong enough to fight ... we go for Sulah -e- Hadaybia" and then condition the envts to finally suit our requirements and then unleash with full force...... Condition the environment first and then go around showing your teeth ..... a bite with no teeth will not get you anything ....
Remaining quiet over an issue does not show impotency of incompetency ......it shows a mind that is thinking and planning and waiting for the right moment .....
Please build Pakistan first .. be strong and be able to have a global outreach ... then try to mingle in affairs of International Politics .....damnnnn my wrist hurts ....
will continue with it some other time :D

Hon !ceman, I am with you one hundred percent.

Having worked in Kuwait and the UAE and visited Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan(Zahir Shah's time), Saudi Arabia, Oman, Syria,Tunis, Morocco, Jordan, Egypt, Sudan,Turkey, Indonesia, Malaysia and Bangla Desh (while East Pakistan), I find my compatriots rather naive in their perspective.

While in every other country, nationals and national interests get the priority; Pakistanis are for some reason obsessed with the idea of Ummah. IMO this is the biggest challange Pakistan faces today. Wish my countrymen will wake up from this dream and misplaced loyalty; and truly take Pakistan's interests to heart.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom