What's new

Pakistan Army Aviation Corps - Updated

I doubt USA will offer any additional hardware. Right now our thrust is to get outstanding Coalition support fund and to get blocked hardware released. This will be a good start for Americans to crawl back into the equation. After Lindsey Graham’s visit this seems like a real possibility.
I am told that IK and army is not in any hurry to make any new deal with the Americans. We don’t want them as enemies but certainly do not want to make them friends again either.
For us to even dream of new F16s we will have to deliver a comprehensive solution to Afghan problem which will not be in our long term strategic interest.

Best to keep zero expectations, it took us quite some time to get out of the US choke hold. We are doing fine, things a a bit tough but will get better, no need to embrace the false accusation, lies, humiliation and drone attacks once again. We shouldn't be eager to meet trump, he is a unbalanced and unhinged and totally not trustworthy, actually no American is trustworthy anymore, they are focused on their own interests at others cost.

Dont hold out your breath imo. They might ask for concessions we are unable or unwilling to give due to our national interest ... such as say, bases for attacking Iran etc. Who knows. And just meeting Trump doesnt mean issues will be resolved or Indian inroads into the White House and Congress will be diminished.
Best to keep our expectations low.

Best to keep zero expectations, it took us quite some time to get out of the US choke hold. We are doing fine, things a a bit tough but will get better, no need to embrace the false accusation, lies, humiliation and drone attacks once again. We shouldn't be eager to meet trump, he is a unbalanced and unhinged and totally not trustworthy, actually no American is trustworthy anymore, they are focused on their own interests at others cost.
Is that not what any sovereign nation giving you funds expects? It is said that Zia was the only President who had the guts to ask at any US request," what's in it for us?" Most others have simply been yes men looking after their personal interests rather than national interests. Even though Mushy negotiated well but still gave in too quickly and too much.
A

Is that not what any sovereign nation giving you funds expects? It is said that Zia was the only President who had the guts to ask at any US request," what's in it for us?" Most others have simply been yes men looking after their personal interests rather than national interests. Even though Mushy negotiated well but still gave in too quickly and too much.
A
Times were different then too. Americans were scared of the Soviets while in case of 2000s, they were out for blood. Hence its not like Musharaf had much bargaining space.

Times were different then too. Americans were scared of the Soviets while in case of 2000s, they were out for blood. Hence its not like Musharaf had much bargaining space.
I agree. I cant help but feel that if Musharraf had agreed in principal to help the US via public statements in US but in private bargained harder we might have been able to achieve more. Time was of essence even to the US and any delay could have caused serious logistical issues. There was no alternate route available for supplies and the cost escalations would soon have brought the US back on the negotiating table. I cant help but wonder Mushy collapsed a bit too soon however I understand the risks involved in such endeavours and perhaps Musharraf did not want to take the risk. All along I have felt that Pakistan at critical junctures has fallen flat into US Lap without showing any resistance. I suspect he did not have a parlianment to consult so did not have much of an excuse but rightly or wrongly I feel US even then would have given in if we had stayed our ground. For instance foreign loans could have been wiped off(ala Egypt)instead of being delayed and the 16s might have come immediately inspite of Bush's denial. This is my opinion but I understand it might have been a bit more "intense" in the negotiating rooms.
A

Last edited:
I doubt USA will offer any additional hardware. Right now our thrust is to get outstanding Coalition support fund and to get blocked hardware released. This will be a good start for Americans to crawl back into the equation. After Lindsey Graham’s visit this seems like a real possibility.
I am told that IK and army is not in any hurry to make any new deal with the Americans. We don’t want them as enemies but certainly do not want to make them friends again either.
For us to even dream of new F16s we will have to deliver a comprehensive solution to Afghan problem which will not be in our long term strategic interest.
Zal was in islamabad today he sound very happy and satisfied I feel things going on right track Zal also said US and Pak relations are getting stronger day by day though its political statement but it matters that so far Americans r satisfied with progress. We will get what we want from US it's just matter of time nothing more

I agree. I cant help but feel that if Musharraf had agreed in principal to help the US via public statements in US but in private bargained harder we might have been able to achieve more. Time was of essence even to the US and any delay could have caused serious logistical issues. There was no alternate route available for supplies and the cost escalations would soon have brought the US back on the negotiating table. I cant help but wonder Mushy collapsed a bit too soon however I understand the risks involved in such endeavours and perhaps Musharraf did not want to take the risk. All along I have felt that Pakistan at critical junctures has fallen flat into US Lap without showing any resistance. I suspect he did not have a parlianment to consult so did not have much of an excuse but rightly or wrongly I feel US even then would have given in if we had stayed our ground. For instance foreign loans could have been wiped off(ala Egypt)instead of being delayed and the 16s might have come immediately inspite of Bush's denial. This is my opinion but I understand it might have been a bit more "intense" in the negotiating rooms.
A
US sees eygpt in Israeli context and also insurance policy for Israel its sizeable country and modern military. You can't compare Pak and eygpt

Dont hold out your breath imo. They might ask for concessions we are unable or unwilling to give due to our national interest ... such as say, bases for attacking Iran etc. Who knows. And just meeting Trump doesnt mean issues will be resolved or Indian inroads into the White House and Congress will be diminished.
Best to keep our expectations low.
A
According to someone who was in the military back then musharaff was given 2 options
1) let the supply through
2) we will bomb you back to the stone ages ( the exact words were said indirectly or directly)

According to our friend @Khafee US offering more vipers 12 more let's see how it pans out but I believe Ik visit will yeild a comprehensive package of F16 and cobras along old and new ones.
Or maybe nothing.

A
Jo Allah kay bajaie botal ka sahara layta hai, ossay kiya umeed rakhtay hain?

Zal was in islamabad today he sound very happy and satisfied I feel things going on right track Zal also said US and Pak relations are getting stronger day by day though its political statement but it matters that so far Americans r satisfied with progress. We will get what we want from US it's just matter of time nothing more

US sees eygpt in Israeli context and also insurance policy for Israel its sizeable country and modern military. You can't compare Pak and eygpt
Plus Egypt has Suez Canal too

that too american jack daniels lol
Jack Danieliis not expensive mostly they give johnnie walker Blue label that's his top brand around 300 to 400$ a bottle to each other as gift Govt levels.

Jack Danieliis not expensive mostly they give johnnie walker Blue label that's his top brand around 300 to 400$ a bottle to each other as gift Govt levels.
blue label is 86 ryal bigger bottle here
but m sure mushi liked tennessee whiskey
there is high end jd,s also

Jordanian are selling 6 Little Bird Helicopters MD530FF6 Little Bird Helicopters MD530FF
i think PAA try to get these helos

Jordanian are selling 6 Little Bird Helicopters MD530FF6 Little Bird Helicopters MD530FF
i think PAA try to get these helos

Sir Pakistan already have Eurocopter Fennec for armed reconnaissance and scouting roles which are brand new, what new capacity these little bird can bring.

Or maybe nothing.

Jo Allah kay bajaie botal ka sahara layta hai, ossay kiya umeed rakhtay hain?

Sir Allah is better judge than human beings let him judge what Musharraf did, as there are some good things in his bag also.

Back
Top Bottom