What's new

Pakistan Army Aviation Corps - Updated

26220221_2044862052206857_5596741015789398739_n.jpg

This-- kis pagal ne kaha tha Zulu order karo???

"The value of suspended funds totals approximately two billion dollars, and includes military equipment that Pakistan ordered in 2013 but has not yet received."

Depending on how the US aid issue develops, this could potentially scuttle the T129 deal. Basically, the USMC will sell-off its AH-1Ws, and unlike the old AH-1F/S, this does have some commonality with the AH-1Z. If Pakistan and the US come to a new deal on aid (e.g. the US only giving money and equipment for specific US-defined ops in the Tribal Areas), Pakistan could look at buying ~30 AH-1W along with the 12-15 AH-1Z. @Oscar @Horus

http://www.janes.com/article/77142/usmc-supercobras-to-be-sold-off-to-international-customers

Depending on how the US aid issue develops, this could potentially scuttle the T129 deal. Basically, the USMC will sell-off its AH-1Ws, and unlike the old AH-1F/S, this does have some commonality with the AH-1Z. If Pakistan and the US come to a new deal on aid (e.g. the US only giving money and equipment for specific US-defined ops in the Tribal Areas), Pakistan could look at buying ~30 AH-1W along with the 12-15 AH-1Z. @Oscar @Horus

http://www.janes.com/article/77142/usmc-supercobras-to-be-sold-off-to-international-customers
I see the logic but do you really want to go down that route now with US-Pak relations being the way they are and the Orange man at the helm of affairs. I know the A129s are expensive but with the offsets and the possibility of establishing local assembly facilities and initiate PACs forays into Helo manufacturing, do you realistically think it is still such a great deal.
A

I see the logic but do you really want to go down that route now with US-Pak relations being the way they are and the Orange man at the helm of affairs. I know the A129s are expensive but with the offsets and the possibility of establishing local assembly facilities and initiate PACs forays into Helo manufacturing, do you realistically think it is still such a great deal.
A
I was just making an observation, not so much a viewpoint. I'd rather do anything to actually build our industry. But seeing Pakistan's habit of eschewing ambitious stuff for off-the-shelf US equipment (e.g. basically every country on earth has spoken to South Africa or Turkey to bring a MRAP production line, we're still buying MaxxPros), I'd also keep an eye on this too.

This-- kis pagal ne kaha tha Zulu order karo???

"The value of suspended funds totals approximately two billion dollars, and includes military equipment that Pakistan ordered in 2013 but has not yet received."

They dangled this carrot since 2007 , that in 2014 we will get some helicopters and god know how many million or billion dollar worth of support they got since from Pakistan for free

FULL 10 Years were wasted to wait for these so call choppers while India modernized their Helicopter fleet with Apache , and then also finished their Light Helicopter platform to develop a ground force advantage

And our military was so gullible to say ok we will get these zulu and not order 75 Z-10 from China

dangling-carrot-clipart-11.jpg

Since 2005-2006 we made 0% effort to get gunships even of secondary quality

Gunships are like bread and butter of battlefield you can't go into ground mission with no gunship support

Every time we were about to get Z-10 , they pull the string and then people start talking

"Oh yar we are getting those ZULUs in 2014 .... why waste funding on different helicopter?"
"Oh those ZULUs are top of line , we waste fund on other platforms?"
"Oh don't bother with other platform , we will have so many helicopter platforms?"

Reality .. we got severe shortage of actual gunships

If we had a deal with China for Z-10 , every year inducting 4-5 Choppers we would have had a healthy fleet of 75 Gunships between 2005-2017

And that Zulu Carrot kept dangling from 2014 to 2018

Last edited:
They danged this carrot since 2007 , that in 2014 we will get some helicopters and god know how many million or billion dollar worth of support they got since from Pakistan for free

FULL 10 Years were wasted to wait for these so call choppers while India modernized their Helicopter fleet with Apache , and then also finished their Light Helicopter platform to develop a ground force advantage

And our military was so gullible to say ok we will get these zulu and not order 50 Z-10 from China

dangling-carrot-clipart-11.jpg

Since 2005-2006 we made 0% effort to get gunships even of secondary quality

Gunships are like bread and butter of battlefield you can't go into ground mission with no gunship support

Every time we were about to get Z-10 , they pull the string and then people start talking

"Oh yar we are getting those ZULUs in 2014 .... why waste funding on different helicopter?"
"Oh those ZULUs are top of line , we waste fund on other platforms?"
"Oh don't bother with other platform , we will have so many helicopter platforms?"

Reality .. we got severe shortage of actual gunships
It is easy to winge. The real question is what options did you have. The Chinese Z10 was and still is not ready and has failed trials. The red bear was not providing you with used toilet paper till 2014. Even now progress on defence acquisition is very slow. EU would basically have fleeced you for everything you had but would have also sold you potentially sanctionable product at 1.5 times the price. So all in all no avenues open to you.
A

:alcoholic: Wake me up when those Zulus arrive :dirol:
Peope in charge back then have retired and have now gone away from picture

2005 to 2018 : Mere 4 Mi-35 to showcase in that time frame

While there are 100-150 -> Z-10 , Chinese choppers flying in China sure to me showcases the potential of the birds

India has continued to widen the gap in aviation/mobility of soliders over years
and they have now established a quite a wide lead on Ground operations / and support from Gunship helicopters

helicopterflet.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom