What's new

Pakistan Army Aviation Corps - Updated

Millimeter radar is good for hunting armor, Pakistan's attack helicopters are primarily in use for counter terrorism operations, plus Pakistan has AESA AWACs which can track both ground and air targets in the same time.
So eventually Pakistan should get millimeter radar capability on it's helicopters but for now its not an urgency. The Turks are working on a Millimeter radar add on for the T-129, Chinese are working on it for the WZ-10 and the AH-1Z can carry it under its wing pylon if needed.
Hi thx for your input but I’m doubtful about ah1z will be having millimetre radar for Pakistan
We have aesa radar capable awacs but during a full fledge conflict they all will be much busy
And committed more towards PAF & PN
So I’m not advocating to get z19 but we have a vast desert terrain and our weakest point is in the thar desert area for stopping the Indian advancement let’s hope we have some limited number of dedicated for their tank columns
Thx

Meet the new generation of Mi-171E heavy-lift multirole helicopter developed by Ulan-Ude helicopter plant. It has composite main rotor, X-Shaped tail rotor, transmission, drive-shaft, Saphire 5G APU, VR-17 gearbox, VK-2500PS-03 embedded in Mi-171A2 made by #Russia|n Helicopters. https://t.co/2UvMlPJwis
IMG_20171213_111808.jpeg

Meet the new generation of Mi-171E heavy-lift multirole helicopter developed by Ulan-Ude helicopter plant. It has composite main rotor, X-Shaped tail rotor, transmission, drive-shaft, Saphire 5G APU, VR-17 gearbox, VK-2500PS-03 embedded in Mi-171A2 made by #Russia|n Helicopters. https://t.co/2UvMlPJwis
View attachment 442248

Its medium lift.

Heavy lift are Mi-6, Mi-26, CH-53, CH-47 etc

They are trying to make the most of this platform :partay: #marketing
View attachment 442248

They are trying to make the most of this platform :partay: #marketing
This version has two main benefits ignoring the technical jargon.

1. It can operate in very very low climate.
2. Its designed to be converted to any given task in minimum possible time. e.g from plain transport to SAR

Yeah but IMHO these birds are good for work horse, troop carrier and lift roles. They are somewhat lacking in armaments and maneuverability. You cannot go guns blazing with this bird. I may be wrong but I have never seen a PAA mi171 with machineguns or miniguns like I have seen hueys or bell412 with machine guns and miniguns.

If all 3 service arms merge their requirements then we can either build our own or do a jv that would be very profitable in long run.
This version has two main benefits ignoring the technical jargon.

1. It can operate in very very low climate.
2. Its designed to be converted to any given task in minimum possible time. e.g from plain transport to SAR

Yeah but IMHO these birds are good for work horse, troop carrier and lift roles. They are somewhat lacking in armaments and maneuverability. You cannot go guns blazing with this bird. I may be wrong but I have never seen a PAA mi171 with machineguns or miniguns like I have seen hueys or bell412 with machine guns and miniguns.

If all 3 service arms merge their requirements then we can either build our own or do a jv that would be very profitable in long run.

that's why we eagerly await the Mi35s

Back
Top Bottom