What's new

Pakistan Army Aviation Corps - Updated

isnt the UH-1H belonging to 7 squadron which is in islamabad and intended for VIP use, the helos are stated as of the ministry of interior, but they are maintained and flown by army aviation personnel, i had an oppurtunity to fly in one as well, that one was of the prime minister of pakistan. Very comfortable ride unlike the other helos, with the cushions and all!.
This is 6th squadron of Cabinet division, not 7 squadron. The officers and maintenance crew is posted from Army on secondment with Cabinet division. 6 squadron opertaes UH-1H models (with tail rotor on the left). 50th squadron operates Huey IIs (tail rotor on the right) :azn:

This is 6th squadron of Cabinet division, not 7 squadron. The officers and maintenance crew is posted from Army on secondment with Cabinet division. 6 squadron opertaes UH-1H models (with tail rotor on the left). 50th squadron operates Huey IIs (tail rotor on the right) :azn:

yup, 6th squadron. My bad. I am not really that much into these hueys. They look bad as well. You are very well informed i must say.

The UH 1H also has it's pitot tube on the roof instead of nose right?

pusher tail rotors were found to be more effectivee and were hence placed in the later modelsas you said which are being operated by 50 sqd i.e huey with tail rotor on the left. The tractor type rotor on the right side was the norm back then in the days of the production of UH-1H and as you said being operated by 6 sqd. So in nutshell the 6 sqd has older hueys than 50 sqd and hence 6 sqd has huey with tail rotor on right side and 50 sqd with with rotor on left side i.e pusher type.....i always gget confused by the pusher and tractor combination that which one is right side and which left?....hope the above stated is correct.!:)

pusher tail rotors were found to be more effectivee and were hence placed in the later modelsas you said which are being operated by 50 sqd i.e huey with tail rotor on the left. The tractor type rotor on the right side was the norm back then in the days of the production of UH-1H and as you said being operated by 6 sqd. So in nutshell the 6 sqd has older hueys than 50 sqd and hence 6 sqd has huey with tail rotor on right side and 50 sqd with with rotor on left side i.e pusher type.....i always gget confused by the pusher and tractor combination that which one is right side and which left?....hope the above stated is correct.!:)
Gothrough it
tailrotors.html

Huey II T/R on right
UH-1H T/R on left

hey every 1 look at this helicopter
which is not Chinook but built before the chinook in 1955 by Russian this is
Yakovlev Yak-24
Jakowlew_Jak-24_Horse.JPG

You are right, there is some kind of improved air intake filters installed infront of engines. They may be MI-172s.

These are ' centricip' (centrifugal) sand filters on the engine intakes. These are a number smal vortex tubes which swirl the air , they heavy dust particles go to the edhes and the clean air remians in the centre. The sand and dust from the outer edges is picked up and blown away and the clean air goes to the engine. MI-17 previosuly had old russian filters which were heavy and had a high power penalty (about 300 kgs in T/o wt)

^guys , you might find my thread helicopter designs thread in military multimedia section , interesting

Pakistanis crowd around a Pakistan military helicopter during a drop of much needed food supplies to the flood encircled village of Tul in Sindh Province, southern Pakistan, Friday, August 20, 2010.
crowdaroundhelicopter.jpg

^guys , you might find my thread helicopter designs thread in military multimedia section , interesting

Pakistanis crowd around a Pakistan military helicopter during a drop of much needed food supplies to the flood encircled village of Tul in Sindh Province, southern Pakistan, Friday, August 20, 2010.
crowdaroundhelicopter.jpg

this is PAF heli, look on the tail. But they have camo like army aviation, any particular reason for this.

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

what is your source for these pics antibody, a good friend from within or just public media photos collected over time?

this is PAF heli, look on the tail. But they have camo like army aviation, any particular reason for this.

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

what is your source for these pics antibody, a good friend from within or just public media photos collected over time?
last 2 pics from militaryphotos.net Pakistan-Army

Back
Top Bottom