What's new

Pakistan Army Aviation Corps - Updated

it will indeed. I just see liberated bits of TTP with its 23 MM side cannon

2.jpg

Talibani would say in dreams to -35 operator after being evaporated by 23 MM...zara kum fyr [fire] karo hum 3 km janat kay agay gir gaya dozakh mein.

We'd still need T-129 for replacing cobras. These fat bulls are good for COIN not for net centric armor hunting.

@Irfan Baloch

As I have mentioned before - PA and PAF will want a work horse, and state of the art platform, ie tip of the spear, like AZ and AK, like JF17 and F16 etc.

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan has placed an order to Russia for purchase of the latest MI-35 Helicopters for multipurpose use including fighting terrorism, Russian Ambassador to Pakistan Alexey Y. Dedov told a news conference at the Russian embassy in Islamabad.

DAWN.COM

Mi-35M

The helicopter can be armed with up to eight 9?114 or 9M120 Ataka-V SACLOS radio guided anti-tank missiles, up to 80 'S-8' 80mm unguided rockets and 20 'S-13' type 122mm unguided aircraft rockets.

The countermeasures suite of Mi-35M includes a radar warning receiver, a laser range finder and a location finder, chaff and flare launch system, infrared (IR) jamming system and engine-exhaust IR suppressor.

Why Pakistan is in hurry to purchase this lousy overweight Mi-35?? Please cancel the deal to focus on Turkish helicopters.

Why Pakistan is in hurry to purchase this lousy overweight Mi-35?? Please cancel the deal to focus on Turkish helicopters.

Lousy? These are pretty bad *** for the talibunnies. Why waste time on T129 or whatever if there is uncertainty? And if Russia has agreed, it is a BIG FREAKING deal, along with much needed firepower we will be enhancing our ties with Russia. Can you Imagine....Pakistan, the only country that is able to procure fighting arms from USA, Russia and China and play with them together? That's a big thing. Plus, the Army's Cobras need serious repairs and arms, USA is showing its arrogance as usual. Why not show them some of ours?

I asked this in the other thread that was closed down: What is the version that pakistan is getting? Also are are they going to be factory new or ready is pakistan looking for ready to fly versions?

I asked this in the other thread that was closed down: What is the version that pakistan is getting? Also are are they going to be factory new or ready is pakistan looking for ready to fly versions?

most likely M-35P also known as Hind-E to the best of my knowledge. some reports suggest a few may be used (from russian stocks) and a few new helos to be delivered later. PK needs them now.

most likely M-35P also known as Hind-E to the best of my knowledge. some reports suggest a few may be used (from russian stocks) and a few new helos to be delivered later. PK needs them now.
Cool. but the MI35P is actually the Mi24P. This is the only hind with the fixed 30mm dual cannon on the starboard side instead of the 12.7mm cannon on the chin.
I guess it should be a mix of both. Haters notwithstanding, the hind wit its armor and loitering capability would be of immense value to ground forces in a co-ordinated attack

Cool. but the MI35P is actually the Mi24P. This is the only hind with the fixed 30mm dual cannon on the starboard side instead of the 12.7mm cannon on the chin.
I guess it should be a mix of both. Haters notwithstanding, the hind wit its armor and loitering capability would be of immense value to ground forces in a co-ordinated attack

It can carry 8 fully loaded SSGs, blast its way in, loiter and provide fire support, extract them, fight its way out while taking the beating.

Back
Top Bottom