What's new

Pakistan announces 5th-gen fighter and medium-altitude long-endurance UAV programs

Yes but if we do get TOT and we dont create a proper learning environment on the tech and dont invite researchers to further study on them we will not achieve the desired results as i have outlined below.
Hmm, like I said it must go in parallel and existing institutes should learn from tech transfers. We've made enormous progress in past seventy years, but we were that far that even after that enormous transfer of knowledge and technology we're still at least 50 years behind these advanced nations and that gap isn't going to be filled in a few years. Today we're all busy at achieving our individual goals but nation is something else. By the way, I was thinking of starting a private peer review journal system myself but got derailed by lack interest.

I do agree with you on discrepancies in how things are done. There are several reasons, as random citizen, I only see the Govt institutions plagued with corruption, dishonesty, bribery, lack of capacity. I also want to see civilian institutes with greater competition and productivity but the fact remains - our Govt machinery is plagued. I don't know much about how things are done at institutions under Army's control but one thing I can say for sure is that they're producing something rather than doing nothing.
Yeah as some time ago it was said that HIT is producing and working at below capacity. Similarly POF also has antiquated machinery. I consider this the utmost form of corruption. We have a system we let it get plagued over the time and now we are forced to acquire Off the shelf procurement. Thus causing the economy as well as the defense considerable harm.

Take the example of the POF we have been using g3 for about 50 years now similarly we have also been using type 56 they didnt come up with a single working assault rifle. They didnt even go towards taking some chars from type 56 and g3 and try to create a new platform based on combined chars.
LSR and Corner (Shot or Eye) dont count in this aspect.

Therefore we are forced to send our soldiers with old tech out in the field as i have seen many soldiers wearing bandoleers but not wearing BPVs and if they are wearing BPVs they are technologically quite obsolete against modern munitions.

After seeing all this a question appears that have these department being deliberately tempered with so that a huge commission can be taken on the Off the shelf Procurement

It should be mentioned that steps are being taken that will raise the standards of Defense Industry and secondly i am not anti Military or anti Pakistan but rather depressed about the policies that have caused stagnation in R&D.

As for a solution to this problem i suggest
  1. We should alter the MODP on the similar basis to DARPA.
  2. Give incentives to universities to start courses in the fields which are most relevant to the defense industry.
  3. Give major incentives to the researchers to start their research in Pakistan under the govt contracts.
  4. Contracts to researchers should be awarded with specific criteria to be matched.
  5. Build a national closed loop scientific and peer reviewed journal for defense industry.
  6. Transfer the entities like HIT from military to civilians a military head should be appointed to oversee the organization but his position should be ceremonial and military must act as a liaison to the organization.
  7. Promotion in these organizations must be based on the output of the person rather than seniority.
If we dont do all this down the line we will be back to square one

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom