What's new

Pakistan And India-Water Disputes-News And Updates

As much as I agree that spirit of goodwill and friendship should flow from both sides, treaties are not signed on emotions.

Treaties are signed to solve problems among troubled neighbors/partners to find a compromise and they mostly have a guarantor.

Especially water which is the basic essence of life can never be used as a weapon, this is what the history of human kind agrees upon. Even the worst kind of sanctions on countries never block water.

So these two troubled neighbors constantly in some sort of war like situation should NEVER ever touch this treaty on one pretext or the other.
Why should we give our share to Pakistan then your utilisation is 83%

We only take our share of 33% then it will be 50:50 ratio as mentioned in treaty

Look at our population it growing I bet any international court will give decision in our favour

As much as I agree that spirit of goodwill and friendship should flow from both sides, treaties are not signed on emotions.

Treaties are signed to solve problems among troubled neighbors/partners to find a compromise and they mostly have a guarantor.

Especially water which is the basic essence of life can never be used as a weapon, this is what the history of human kind agrees upon. Even the worst kind of sanctions on countries never block water.

So these two troubled neighbors constantly in some sort of war like situation should NEVER ever touch this treaty on one pretext or the other.

LOL.... Nice try. :P

No war necessary. You play foul, we play hard ball.....
stopping pakistan water or breaking any agreement on water is not a hard ball game but an act of war.

Good Job. Finally doing something that benefits us. If our neighbor doesn't respect our neighborhood, then why to be nice to them.

On a serious note:

International treaties are valid as long as both parties respect it. Countries withdrawing from International treaties are not old. Its been done so many times. And when it comes to water, I said this before as well, the Swiss told the Nazis not to step in their territory during ww2. Unless you want poisoned water from Rhine. Whether India does this or not is another story, but precedent is there. Yes that word will be thrown around in ICJ a lot if this goes for arbitration. Even if India "controls" the flow for few months will have an Impact in Pakistan. Cotton crops for one example, which impacts the Textile industry in Pakistan. So Indian diplomats do know what they are speaking.

On a lighter note o_Oo_O:

1. if India does conventional attack, Pakistan will go nuclear.
2. if India does asymmetric attack, Pakistan will go nuclear.
3. if India modifies the IWT, Pakistan will go nuclear.
we haven't broken or built dams on your water. you are forgetting that water flows from IOK to azad kashmir. the logic of mutual respect to treaty doesn't apply here. secondly pakistan can fight a conventional war with india without much problems. we are way ahead in soldiers training after war on terror and our soldiers are well trained and equipped to fight a mountain war in kashmir.

Suspending talks on IWT is already a violation of the treaty as there is a mandatory 1 talk per year i believe.

LOL.... WRONG.

Here is the real irrigation map of 4 & 5 .......... do you see where it says SUTLEJ River ? :lol:

canal-system-of-pakistan-6-638.jpg

Ravi is already dry and has been for several years now. Just check it near Lahore to get an idea.

Anyway I will make it clear to you:

The chances of scrapping IWT are even lower than you becoming the PM of India and replacing that loudspeaker Modi.

Now go figure...

There are no guarantor in Indus water treaty. refer to post #131 for detail.

Ravi is already dry and has been for several years now. Just check it near Lahore to get an idea.

Anyway I will make it clear to you:

The chances of scrapping IWT are even lower than you becoming the PM of India and replacing that loudspeaker Modi.

Now go figure...

Scrapping or not scrapping IWT do not matter. What matters is we have those dams on ground which have potential of disruption!

I am talking about geographical possibility, not legal right, as you commented that Punjab And Kashmir would be flooded, If India stops water.

Not a singe drop would flow from Ravi, Beas, and Sutlej into Pakistan, if GoI decide to do today as they could be diverted into Thar desert (and further onto Arabian sea), as Indira gandhi canal exist to diver that water. Water of these rivers would disappear into Thar desert and whatever left would run off into Rann of Kutch.

Jhelum would need a massive engineering project to cut across Pir-Panjal range, and is difficult to divert.

Indus could not be diverted at all.

No one give a damn about law because if India abrogate IWT, there is nothing that you could do.Neither would anyone except China and brather Islami mulks would interfere. If you complain to international community, they would ask you to first control terrorism on your side.

As I said. You have full rights on Ravi, Beas and Sutlej as per IWT. Do whatever you want to.

Other than that. You would have to give our share on other 3 that is Indus, Chenab and Jehlum.

And we would do what we need to. And it would be enough to get us our share.

His words don't count in front of the PM's say.

That's not how the country functions.

Too bad Omar is still under the impression that even today India works like his times.

He is talking realiy. not your PM who is trying to save face.

Your choice whoever you want to follow. You can follow dramaibaaz like your PM. Your chose after all.

Back
Top Bottom