What's new

Pakistan and France sign MoU on technical collaboration for JF-17 Thunder

is it somehow related to the news of JF-17B having scecma M88-2 engine ?

Not very sure about such as the same was a news however, there are two expected development in this area (engine). RD-93MA still holds more weight to be the future engine for JF-17 and then, we can see the progress of WS-13 (Chinese) progress that recently powered FC-31 V2.0 reportedly so by looking at development, RD-93 MA is making it progress to be finalized close to expected arrival of WS-13 so one can say these are top most choices for the time being. We recently signed Engine Electrification Contract with France for RD-93 engine harness/hot area wiring but there is no hint of French Engine at all yet.

Even f7 engine were upgraded in paf with better components such as filters, pumps etc and engine availability and mtbo improved so I think pac going same route improving mtbo from current 600-800 to something better (my guess though) for Rd

Rd93 need better mil power currently 11500 vs westerns of same class such as 404 with mil power of 12500-13000

Most flight profile is mil or under and full Powers used in takeoff with heavy loads and few seconds on air combat due to high fuel burn

Even rd93ma has 22000 range what it's mil power rating ?? I am sure it's better than 11500 range

Ge 404 basic version has mil rating higher than Rd but full after burner range less than 18000

Rd93 is overall still a turbofan and not turbojet like in older mirages and f7 engines which are very inefficient and fuel guzzling

JF carry about 700 liters more than f7 internally and far more fuel externally and thus far better range than mig21 /f7

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom