What's new

Pakistan and China sign MoU on 7,000 megawatt Bunji dam

I'll believe it when it happens. There will be a lot of money being pocketed... Thats it.

corruption happens in all developing countries. however, there are two kinds of corruptions, let's just explain them using examples:

1. corruption costs tax payer's money but at the same time the project gets done and the general public still benefit from the project.
2. corruption fxxk the project up and nothing real got produced.

when talking about corruption, there is a joke we always say:

when corruption happens in China, the officials took 20% of the investment then build the project. the quality is thus not that fancy.
when corruption happens in India, the officials took 100% of the investment then "retire" after the next election.

:bounce: have a look at how many aircrafts they lose every year during training.

corruption happens in all developing countries. however, there are two kinds of corruptions, let's just explain them using examples:

1. corruption costs tax payer's money but at the same time the project gets done and the general public still benefit from the project.
2. corruption fxxk the project up and nothing real got produced.

when talking about corruption, there is a joke we always say:

when corruption happens in China, the officials took 20% of the investment then build the project. the quality is thus not that fancy.
when corruption happens in India, the officials took 100% of the investment then "retire" after the next election.

:bounce: have a look at how many aircrafts they lose every year during training.

:rofl::rofl:
btw :china::pakistan:

i have a stupid hope tht hez not thinking about his kick backs in this project :confused:

I dont suppose China would allow kick backs over something that is meant to help Pakistan in the first place and if indeed this is the case then imo China will simply back away from the project.

I second what Icecold said.I was reading book's of some former Diplomats and a retired brig and he said China is one of the only country which does not get into corruption with Pakistan and does not send hundreds of advisers to Pakistan for lobbying for projects...they just get it naturally as Western Countries offer us projects at very high prices and China offer us at good prices.He said China keeps track of every single penny and every single thing with strict control.If anything goes wrong all hell break loose and Chinese make sure that nothing happens until the problem is rectified..

I dont suppose China would allow kick backs over something that is meant to help Pakistan in the first place and if indeed this is the case then imo China will simply back away from the project.

This is a government level contract, I doubt that will happen. On civilian levels, well, nothing is impossible. :cheesy:

[/COLOR]

I second what Icecold said.I was reading book's of some former Diplomats and a retired brig and he said China is one of the only country which does not get into corruption with Pakistan and does not send hundreds of advisers to Pakistan for lobbying for projects...they just get it naturally as Western Countries offer us projects at very high prices and China offer us at good prices.He said China keeps track of every single penny and every single thing with strict control.If anything goes wrong all hell break loose and Chinese make sure that nothing happens until the problem is rectified..

thts very very good :china::pakistan:

Yups, corruption in China is very disliked specially by the communist party and it has a death sentence as punishment, many of their officials have been executed for corruption allegations.

They do have corruption but not on the scale we see here in Pakistan or some other countries. Corruption on large scale or with higher officials is not much heard.

I'll believe it when it happens. There will be a lot of money being pocketed... Thats it.

Some people in this forum didn't believe the Pakistan-Iran-Turkey rail link would ever happen either but the first train that left Islamabad on 14th August for Istanbul just reached Turkey a few days ago.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/econom...our-attend-railway-ministers-moot-tehran.html

http://www.defence.pk/forums/economy-development/31753-pakistan-turkey-rail-trial-starts.html

If we see work happening on this dam with our friend China's help in the near future then Asif Ali Zaradri might actually be one of the best president Pakistan ever had.

:pakistan::china:

what about the gauge?
the gauges in iran and turkey are standard, 1.465m while that in pakistan is about 1.6m. dose the railway authority comes up with any idea to change the gauge of pakistan to standard ones or just let it be?

Back
Top Bottom