What's new

Pakistan already has US-made MRAPS; New Deal in the works!

what is the use of these vehicle for Pakistan, who is laying mines inside Pakistan

Mine resistant isnt MAINLY for mines.

It is for roadside IEDs to save the personnels

IEDs on roadsides are also considered mines.

get my point? :o

what is the use of these vehicle for Pakistan, who is laying mines inside Pakistan

enlarge26691.jpg

those are random IEDs used in the civilian populations, aim to kill civilians not soldiers in a war zone

Mine resistant isnt MAINLY for mines.

It is for roadside IEDs to save the personnels

IEDs on roadsides are also considered mines.

get my point? :o

so now we will transport civilians in MARPs

Yes I am! But a little less than you, in degree!

Oh yeah! Blah, blah and more blah!! :blah: Pivot state? Change the course of history?? :woot: :omghaha:

Which world are you living in? Hallucinating ain't a good habit.

Please contribute to the thread or just leave it.

How difficult it would be build our own MRAPs?

After all, we build different types of vehicles. Why cant we develop armored versions of those vehicles when we can build APCs and tanks?

Please contribute to the thread or just leave it.

How difficult it would be build our own MRAPs?

After all, we build different types of vehicles. Why cant we develop armored versions of those vehicles when we can build APCs and tanks?

MRAPs require an altogether new industrial setup which we cannot invest in right not. These used MRAPS are in their prime and get the job done better than the one we would be able to make years from now.

those are random IEDs used in the civilian populations, aim to kill civilians not soldiers in a war zone

so now we will transport civilians in MARPs

o.o...

Well, i believe MRAPs are resistant to other heavy fire arms too.

This will be great for SSG battalions and mechanized infantry operating anywhere in country. APCs are gradually giving way to these more protected blocks.

Traditional APC and an MRAP are for two very different purposes. MRAP's are for Urban warfare,and or COIN ops. They r not good for a full scale battlefield work.

So let us not get carried away with numbers here. We do not want to equip a mech div. with such a vehicle!!!

Btw, IMHO, looking at the scale of COIN ops in FATA & Baluchistan, we would need more than 180 or so vehicles so far projected to be received.

Traditional APC and an MRAP are for two very different purposes. MRAP's are for Urban warfare,and or COIN ops. They r not good for a full scale battlefield work.

So let us not get carried away with numbers here. We do not want to equip a mech div. with such a vehicle!!!

Btw, IMHO, looking at the scale of COIN ops in FATA & Baluchistan, we would need more than 180 or so vehicles so far projected to be received.
Welcome back!

Well, i believe MRAPs are resistant to other heavy fire arms too.

Yes they are. Call them tanks on tires. They protect from IED's, mines, close fire and from heavy shells to some degree also if it hits the chassis. A heavy shell or an RBG might leave the vehicle without a tire or may be damaged, but the bodies inside should be safe. That's the idea...

I do not think huge numbers of Balochi are involved in this. It is concentrated in certain area's and the number is do-able for the MRAPS we already have. Mind you, we will get in there with more then the MRAP...

Back
Top Bottom