What's new

Pakistan Airforce fleet 2015

Quick question sir.. If i remember right, PAF has about 35-40 JFTs at this time that have been put together over last 2 years. And you are expecting to add another 110 in next 4 years or so.. At an average of 25+ an year?

two additional assembly lines are to come online in a few months... so it is possible that in an ideal scenario, 25+ JF's may be rolled out in a year(including those produced entirely in China).

Mate, but no one has modified the jumbo as a tanker. Not even the US; at least to my knowledge the USAF continues using Stratotankers and their later variants as refuelers. Guess 747 as a tanker is not viable enough in terms of cost of operations involved.

KC-747

atca-747-image01.jpg

747tanker_jpg.jpg

747-111.jpg

The A310's were the ideal contenders for the "western" refueller, however EADS refused to upgrade the jets and instead offered the A330 which we could not afford.

orders put out years ago, before you even knew what a J-10B was.
Ever since the name FC-20 existed, Pakistan had put in a good sized order with a likely option for many more.

and unlike procurement of IAF where orders are stated long before arrival, PAF tend to be quiet about their purchases.
pakistan put an order for 36 j10a not b in 2006

Notice how I used the name 'FC-20' a J-10 variant customized for PAF, whether that is J-10A or B.

and 36 were ordered in Feb 2011, not 2006, commitment to J-10 and FC-20 was made earlier.
and just so you know, numbers will exceed 36, the requirement is much greater then 36, plus the number of F-16s have been sized down, so expect to see a good number of them.

There is a news out that Pakistan ordered J10A but then question arise why they are not delivered yet... Because Mass production of J10 A is started years ago... There is a huge number of J10A in chinese inventory as well..... So why no delivery yet.....????

Notice how I used the name 'FC-20' a J-10 variant customized for PAF, whether that is J-10A or B.

and 36 were ordered in Feb 2011, not 2006, commitment to J-10 and FC-20 was made earlier.
and just so you know, numbers will exceed 36, the requirement is much greater then 36, plus the number of F-16s have been sized down, so expect to see a good number of them.
in fact it was signed in Nov 2009
btw can pakistan even afford to have so many crafts[just asking]

in fact it was signed in Nov 2009
btw can pakistan even afford to have so many crafts[just asking]

Yes, Final order for FC-20 was placed in end of 2009 and it will take 2-3 years to start deliveries.
Pakistan only try to keep minimum assets to defend itself as we d not have power projectin plan in region.But unfortunately our neighbour is on wrong track of power projection.

originally the rate was 15 a/c per year , as it was planned that in 2009,10,11 42 aircrafts willl be manufactured PAC has fallen behind 5-6 months as it seems unlikly that it will complete the production by end of this year
but recently PAF chief has said that block 2 will commence in 2012 (on schedule as planned)..
every body knows that the block 2 production rate is to be increased from 15 to 25 per year ..at that rate by end of 2015 (four years) PAF willl get the planned 150 aircrafts..
it happens in every assembly lines the intiall rate is always slower...PAF will also be getting rid of few older factories ..i think work on them for block 2 assembly is already on progress..

by 2015 PAF will have j-10 and may be some older f-16s refurbished too.
but mix will be 120+(f-16s/j-10) and 150 jf-17s..
F-7 PG will be in service till 2020 while mirages may be retired by that time probably a few may remain the ones in good condition and upgraded for different roles

Mate, but no one has modified the jumbo as a tanker. Not even the US; at least to my knowledge the USAF continues using Stratotankers and their later variants as refuelers. Guess 747 as a tanker is not viable enough in terms of cost of operations involved.

What's the matter in trying?

:rofl: bro he is just sharing his opinion :smitten:

PAF only possess Il-78p tankers that can not refuel F-16.Any plan underway to get refueler for F16 ?

Back
Top Bottom