What's new

Pakistan Air Force Transport

Why PAF & PN are not looking into An-70s?? Pakistan has good relations with Ukraine and also testing T-84 Oplot-Ms then why not test An-70s which may come with TOT and can be used in various roles too.

AN-70

Why PAF & PN are not looking into An-70s?? Pakistan has good relations with Ukraine and also testing T-84 Oplot-Ms then why not test An-70s which may come with TOT and can be used in various roles too.

AN-70
An-70 is a dead program, the Ukrainians are focusing their efforts on the An-178.

An-70 is a dead program, the Ukrainians are focusing their efforts on the An-178.

Its not dead because I have posted official link of the Antonov website which clearly shows this bird is available in market.

It can be opportunity for Pakistan to finance this project and get TOT of this bird, allowing its use in various mission profiles civilian & military.

With Ukraine in a state of conflict, don't expect any war materials agreements in the near future.

Its not dead because I have posted official link of the Antonov website which clearly shows this bird is available in market.

It can be opportunity for Pakistan to finance this project and get TOT of this bird, allowing its use in various mission profiles civilian & military.
We'll see when the An-70 is inducted with the Ukrainian forces, but until then, I wouldn't count on it being a genuine option, much less a serious contender on the market. But in support of your point, the Ukrainian MoD ordered the An-70's production in January, let's hope for the best. An-70 looks promising.

We'll see when the An-70 is inducted with the Ukrainian forces, but until then, I wouldn't count on it being a genuine option, much less a serious contender on the market. But in support of your point, the Ukrainian MoD ordered the An-70's production in January, let's hope for the best. An-70 looks promising.

What I think is that it is an opportunity for Pakistan to get an advance plane with TOT which can be utilized for various mission profiles like MRTT, MPA, AWACS, civil use etc.

AN70 medium transport

Attachments

• 1437134007352.jpg
    1437134007352.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 119
  • 1437134019986.jpg
    1437134019986.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 110
What I think is that it is an opportunity for Pakistan to get an advance plane with TOT which can be utilized for various mission profiles like MRTT, MPA, AWACS, civil use etc.
you forget that Pakistan is a ghareeb mulk? Our Transport Fleet is a well established Hercules shop. If they upgrade, it would be H models or J models, but not something from Russia/Ukraine.

@Donatello @fatman17 sir, what about the Ilyushin Il-78's....I heard they were pretty old ones when we got them...though they were advanced....are they expected to undergo any upgrades ??
---------------------------
on topic

I personally think the Y-20 should be the future option...its massive :smitten:

@Donatello @fatman17 sir, what about the Ilyushin Il-78's....I heard they were pretty old ones when we got them...though they were advanced....are they expected to undergo any upgrades ??
---------------------------
on topic

I personally think the Y-20 should be the future option...its massive :smitten:

They need a engine and cockpit upgrade badly. They are restricted from landing at some foreign airports bcuz of noise pollution.

you forget that Pakistan is a ghareeb mulk? Our Transport Fleet is a well established Hercules shop. If they upgrade, it would be H models or J models, but not something from Russia/Ukraine.

Not necessarily bcoz of that was the case then why went for JF-17 with China and refused F-20 with TOT from USA in 80s.

It would have to be used, anything new (including C-130-J) would be cost prohibitive.

They need a engine and cockpit upgrade badly. They are restricted from landing at some foreign airports bcuz of noise pollution.

exactly I read that the glass cockpits were underway...or they were being considered an option...I wasnt quite sure

no doubts i've heard the old engine on a youtube video....it is quite noisy !!!

Back
Top Bottom