What's new

Pakistan Air Force shuts airspace over southern Punjab, flights diverted

"We've been told that the imposition of a No Fly Zone in South Punjab region especially in Multan was because of the Pakistan-China war games taking place nearby. The strategic exercise requires certainty of no external aerial interference, hence this decision was taken."

That Pak-China Exercise ended last Thursday...and it was in Jehlum. PAF was expected to participated in it, but bad weather and poor visibility affected their plans.

Yeah exercise doesn't make any sense since area is densely populated.. If jets are being stationed then question is where?

airbase-map4.gif

Rafiqui?

If repositioning of jets is indeed the case, but that makes no sense.

Only insider can tell what was going on(if they are allowed to do so). positioning of jets, cobra helis are normal activites which i dont think doesn't require closure of airspace, the mysterious thing to me is the area of 70 nautical miles around multan. That is very small with aerospace standards.

Wish it was 4 years back, could have done something then!

Come on guys bring in some actions fast... us jingos are waiting !!!

As what I know, there's no Jet stationed near Multan but yeah, there's a Forward Air base near Multan, which is I think is not in use since 2008 escalation with India. No logic seems to be coming out of this Airspace closure, I doubt if anyone sighted any Jets over Multan.

Nothing can be said before further information leaks out or PAF Spokesman clarifies.

There were most probably no jets, airspace is not closed of for VIP movement of the Yanks or COAS or anybody. Exercises are not held there.

The fact that commercial jets were turned away mid-air shows that something unexpected happened and the situation developed quickly, so , maybe some movement from some foreign miltaries?

There were most probably no jets, airspace is not closed of for VIP movement of the Yanks or COAS or anybody. Exercises are not held there.

The fact that commercial jets were turned away mid-air shows that something unexpected happened and the situation developed quickly, so , maybe some movement from some foreign miltaries?

As I have stated in my last post, I am hell confused at the moment. This makes no sense.

Even if we consider a foreign element, How Multan? No, Man! I don't buy that.. People who have knowledge of Air-Force matters would understand my point. There's a Forward base near Multan but that's not operational. Where did the Jets come from if there was a aerial exercise there :/

Back
Top Bottom