What's new

Pakistan Air Force & "Second to None"

Zeeshan S.

Reaction score
'There is no doubt that a country without a strong Air Force is at the mercy of any aggressor. Pakistan must build up her air force as quickly as possible. It must be an efficient air force second to none and must take its right place with the Army and the Navy in securing Pakistan's Defence.'
- Mohammad Ali Jinnah

Alright, i thought this would be a good topic to analyse the readiness of Pakistan Air Force, and future capability with other air forces around the world.

Pakistan Air Force comparison with Egyptian Air Force

1) As Pakistan acquired K-8 aircrafts from China, jointly produced. Egypt acquired about 80+ K-8 aircrafts jointly produced with transfer of technology from China.

2) Some active aircrafts include.

19 Dassault Mirage 2000 E
54 Dassault Mirage V out of 70 received
32 F-4E Phantom out of 40 received
70 F-7 Skybolt out of 120 received
224 F-16 A/B and F-16 C/D Fighting Falcon
64 MiG-21 out of 240 received

In Reserve

20 MiG-23 In reserve
48 Su-20 In reserve
10 Su-7 Retired and obsolete
120 Mig-17 Retired and obsolete
24 Tupolev Tu-16 Retired and obsolete
40 F-6 Retired and obsolete
12 Il-28 Retired and obsolete

Pretty good air force with French, American and Russian aircrafts.

Personally PAF can't match it currently.

PAF is one of very profesionals air forces around. But it's not the best one around. The best airforce is the one that get's the job done, that can be the indian air force, pak air force, isreali air force, or any arab air force. Every country men will say his airforce/military is the best.

Lock this thread up...its nothing but chest thumping..pretty soon people will start quoting the generic mumbo-jumbo from the old days and then the Indians will jump in and then...you get my point...:wall:

Lock this thread up...its nothing but chest thumping..pretty soon people will start quoting the generic mumbo-jumbo from the old days and then the Indians will jump in and then...you get my point...:wall:

Have to agree here with blain2:confused: ......

Indian Air Force is banned from this thread.

Please dont bring it, or lose it.

PAF is one of very profesionals air forces around. But it's not the best one around. The best airforce is the one that get's the job done, that can be the indian air force, pak air force, isreali air force, or any arab air force. Every country men will say his airforce/military is the best.

yeah, but an AF like USAF will get the job done anywhere in the world. The aim of any AF is to have deep strike capability in any part of the globe at minimum notice.
So in terms of the above specified parameters as well as getting the job done' i would rate
1 .USAF
2. RAF(debatable)
3. IsAF

yeah, but an AF like USAF will get the job done anywhere in the world. The aim of any AF is to have deep strike capability in any part of the globe at minimum notice.
So in terms of the above specified parameters as well as getting the job done' i would rate
1 .USAF
2. RAF(debatable)
3. IsAF
This thread will go offtopic if we continue down this avenue. The RAF incidently doesn't have the numbers to guarantee a top five position. Israel doesn't have the numbers either though it has excellent pilots and are as professional as they come. For a country of their size - bloody good job.

1 .USAF
2. RAF(debatable)
3. IsAF

I think the "deep strike in any part of the globe at minimum notice" narrows it down to possibly 2 countries (excluding politics)

At the end of the day (to bring it back to the topic) No force is going to have as it's motto......"second to none.........except for......" It's a whole morale thing ;)

I think the "deep strike in any part of the globe at minimum notice" narrows it down to possibly 2 countries (excluding politics)
First is obviously the US. The second is most probably Russia. They're such a huge country that hitting anyplace in the world is closer from Russia then any other country. They can't hit South America though. Which second country did you have in mind?

well yes....USA and Russia obviously......

No one else would burn the huge amounts of money for the ability to bomb anyone in the world.

This thread will go offtopic if we continue down this avenue. The RAF incidently doesn't have the numbers to guarantee a top five position. Israel doesn't have the numbers either though it has excellent pilots and are as professional as they come. For a country of their size - bloody good job.

Good Israelis pilots are as good as good pilots of Pakistan, India, US, NATO etc. etc....the issue is who they go up against...that is what makes one conflict a Turkey shoot and another a well contested one.

From what I hear, in terms of pilot training and overall training system, the US and the NATO AFs are the best...this does not mean that other airforces stink, its just that the training program in place for US and NATO pilots allows average pilots to become better...in the case of others, some are excellent, many others are average and the rest..you get the idea..its a matter of who burns the most midnight oil and what assets they have available to help them.

Good Israelis pilots are as good as good pilots of Pakistan, India, US, NATO etc. etc....the issue is who they go up against...that is what makes one conflict a Turkey shoot and another a well contested one.

From what I hear, in terms of pilot training and overall training system, the US and the NATO AFs are the best...this does not mean that other airforces stink, its just that the training program in place for US and NATO pilots allows average pilots to become better...in the case of others, some are excellent, many others are average and the rest..you get the idea..its a matter of who burns the most midnight oil and what assets they have available to help them.

very very true, its not how good israeli's are, its how badly trained her neighbours are.

Adu

Correct mate. Agree with you completely.

From what I hear, in terms of pilot training and overall training system, the US and the NATO AFs are the best....
I not quite sure about that. The US, UK and France are the more active members of the NATO. Most European countries have no threat and no scope for military engagement. I would have expected some complacency. Indian, Pakistani pilots know that they could be in combat tommorrow so I'd expect higher motivation levels and training standards. But, then I'm just guessing.

Back
Top Bottom