What's new

Pakistan Air Force receives the first SAAB 2000 ERIEYE AWE&C aircraft

Now its on PAF official web

ISLAMABAD, 08 DECEMBER, 2009:- PAF today received first of its four Saab-
2000 Airborne Early Warning & Control aircraft from Sweden. The aircraft landed
at one of the PAF’s Main Operating Bases, marking achievement of a major
milestone in the overall modernization plan of PAF.
With the induction of Swedish AEW&C system, PAF has become one of
the few air forces in the world to have Airborne Early Warning capability. Besides
detection of High and Medium altitude flying aircraft, this state-of-the-art system
is also capable of detecting low level flying objects over land & sea at extended
ranges; the system is capable of picking even the surface targets over the sea.
By virtue of these features, PAF would be able to boost its operational capability
manifold by achieving requisite early warning for efficient & meaningful Air
Defence of its airspace.

I believe this is the news item you gentlemen are talking about.

BBC News - Pakistan gets first Awacs plane

The title of the picture clearly says, "India took delivery of its Awacs aircraft in June". So that is the IAF taking delivery of its Phalcon.

May be its a good idea to read the caption before making fun or the fun is short lived and may turn around.

Btw, some interesting statement in that news article

Sorry Brother and everyone at this forum and BBC media too. I over look that...Thanks

Last edited:
Saab 2000 ERIEYE AEW&C

DATA SHEET

http://www.saabgroup.com/NR/rdonlyr...ECA8/7511/Saab_2000_ERIEYE_AEWC_Datasheet.pdf

The ER IEYE AE W&C is the world’s only operational airborne Active Electronically
Scanned Array (AESA ) radar in service today. The Saab 2000 ER IEYE AE W&C
utilises the latest generation ER IEYE radar, now capable of detecting small air
targets, hovering helicopters, cruise missiles and small sea targets such as
inflatable rubber boats, for a more complete surveillance picture.
sir,your assumption that erieye is the only AESA awacs in the world is erraneous,and ridiculous

I think we have received all the four AEW&Cs along with a single Saab-2000 for training purpose as well till 2011 and even we have also received the ZDK-03 AEW&Cs from China as well and the second one is expected in 2012.

Back
Top Bottom