What's new

Pakistan Air Force prepares for arrival of final Block II JF-17 and JF-17B fighter aircraft

It’s already know

1. Pod on chin pylon which is now carried on existing pylons
2 aesa radar
3 new ew
4 new weapons package aam and atg
5 hmd
6 3 axis fbw

May be more internal fuel, more then one pylons besides one under chin for pod, irst, and perhaps new single display
big unknown but speculated Rd-93ma engine

IMG_4383.JPG

It’s already know

1. Pod on chin pylon which is now carried on existing pylons
2 aesa radar
3 new ew
4 new weapons package aam and atg
5 hmd
6 3 axis fbw

May be more internal fuel, more then one pylons besides one under chin for pod, irst, and perhaps new single display
big unknown but speculated Rd-93ma engine
I don't think an engine change is a priority for Block 3. For the first 150 JF-17s, the main goal to keep things as simple as possible (while adding necessary capabilities) and induct quickly as possible. I think they'll take a more serious look at changing the engine with block(s) after the 200th aircraft.

I don't think an engine change is a priority for Block 3. For the first 150 JF-17s, the main goal to keep things as simple as possible (while adding necessary capabilities) and induct quickly as possible. I think they'll take a more serious look at changing the engine with block(s) after the 200th aircraft.
That was the plan when PAF was looking for batches of 50 aircrafts each in blk 1,2,3 configurations.
Now several plans have been updated, like production of surplus batch of Blk2 (which will replace the last F7P squadron by end of this year) and production of 26 'B' variant Thunders; also known as Bravo.
Therefore, we might see some unexpected upgrades in Blk3 as PAC has deeply studied the capabilities and shortcomings which Jf17 exhibited in February crisis. Most probably, they will rectify those shortcomings provided that relevant tech and sufficient funds are available.

I was soo hoping to see a new more powerful powerplant in the block 3s. However according to my sources we ll probably expect the engine upgrades starting from block 1 after the block3 order completion.

PAF has prioritised BVR over engines for the time being. So as per my understanding, engine upgrades will be the last and final piece of the JF17 project.

Hopefully KLJ7A and the increase in the BVR range from the current 70kms to atleast 100kms will keep the Indians at bay till our FIFTH hen rolls out.

I was soo hoping to see a new more powerful powerplant in the block 3s. However according to my sources we ll probably expect the engine upgrades starting from block 1 after the block3 order completion.

PAF has prioritised BVR over engines for the time being. So as per my understanding, engine upgrades will be the last and final piece of the JF17 project.

Hopefully KLJ7A and the increase in the BVR range from the current 70kms to atleast 100kms will keep the Indians at bay till our FIFTH hen rolls out.

Engine is FADEC, so probably improved thurst also. Also heard WS-13 engine in second proto type.

Until we get Project AZM up and running, what will PAF do to bridge the gap temporarily against the Rafale or we just depending on JF-17 coupled with a suite of EW and BVR?

https://www.defensenews.com/industry/2015/02/16/russia-pakistan-deal-may-lead-to-more-sales/

It’s even available now on Rd-93 known as BARK-93

No need for rd93ma for acs to be introduced also mention on a program covering Number 26 sqn on paf day as fly by wire engine

Acs(fades)

http://www.klimov.ru/en/production/automatic/acs/

With French technology introduction of engine components the tbo will go well above russian OEM current 600-1000 hours

https://quwa.org/2016/11/24/ideas-2016-pakistan-aeronautical-complex-signs-mou-with-french-company/

Now compare it to Chinese 300 hour tbo and old mirages tbo

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom