What's new

Pakistan Air Force - An Analysis

The thread drifted from topic big time as no more useful contributions since the mid of last page. It will be good if we stay on topic and save a thread from being locked.

Thanks

Thanks for being sane unlike some other members here.
What are your views, do you think PAF would be content with JF-17 alone?
Also I don't see big procurements, J10 is still not too clear. Not too many of those are ordered.
Do you think there should be an alternative to china as a defence equipment supplier? like turkey, or some other arab country?

I wanted to discuss the possibilities of PAF buying some second had jets from friendly countries for a decade or two and take its time to look for a better aircraft.

PAF is wise enough to realize that they cannot be satisfied with a mainstay fighter alone although thunder is a capable machine in every respect. The frontline slot is still vacant and WILL BE filled with FC-20s for sure. It was made to fulfill our requirements and so far so good is all i can say. Dont go deep into a single doctored report buddy.

I dont have right data thats why i am not start any thread like that. And also em not like Indians who opening threads everyday related Pakistan's and Pakistan's internal issues without having proper and authentic information ;)

one simple question if u donot have the right data on what basis ru arguing that ur air force is indestructible r with mirrage III or with Roses u can defeat or chase whole of IAF.... and being patriotic and defending pak is fine every one in this forum and who visit this forum is patriotic for that matter but proof is required. for anything

one simple question if u donot have the right data on what basis ru arguing that ur air force is indestructible r with mirrage III or with Roses u can defeat or chase whole of IAF.... and being patriotic and defending pak is fine every one in this forum and who visit this forum is patriotic for that matter but proof is required. for anything

kid we know how to defend our airs ....... IAF will think 1000 time before entering our air space .....
we never said we will make surgical strikes ... these are your dreams...
and we have power power to make your aircraft to bite the dust

I feel that "surgical strikes" has been taken out of proportion. I personally feel such options would be useful if India is in a shooting war and a window is available for striking terrorist camps. Having said that, I feel most of these can be taken out using brahmos class weapons as most camps are in their range.

Coming back to the topic at hand, I feel PAF is looking at inducting large number of FC-20's as they are a very cost effective answer to india's MMRCA & very high flanker numbers. They will surely be looking at adding western avionics to enhance the capabilities which make ample sense. Thus you can get a typhoon class aircrfat at half or one third the price. I however feel that we will not see squadrons coming up anytime before 2015.

hahaha terrorists camps .. berhamos... nice joke....
and well total no of fc-20 to be inducted will be decided after evaluation of 1st batch of 36.. and farther than that every thing will be nothing more then prediction .... our main policy is go with single engine fighter ...

greatt simply great from both sides!!!

Indian stand WE HAVE MONEY we can BUY EVERYTHING! & not to mention we have Sharkuh Khan & Sunny deol!

Pakistani stand WE EAT MEAT we can destroy you by simply puffing you away!!!

guys all of you please grow up!

it is true PAF is lagging behind in terms of its procurement! Like i recall Mastan Khan once raised the question when the WoT started after 9/11 why did pakistan take till the end of the decade to start its procurement program!

We are lagging behind nearly a decade behind rest of the world! for crying out loud we still haven't "OFFICIALLY" received any BVR weapons! while IAF had it since the late 90s

so to ALL pakistanis be realistic by burying your head in sand won't make your problems go away!!!

NOW turning my guns towards the indians!

Indians before they start throwing figures around should realize HOW SLOW their pronouncement program is! there LCA is still under going trial!

the MiG21s are still flying even though the "replacement" program was initially initiated in late 80s!

Indians always drag their feet & there is to much red tape in their procurment!

the problem with MOST indians is that all of a sudden their economy has started to improve and when all of a sudden things improve people loose their ground & forget their roots! so indians are currently just to full of themselves!

but before they compare anything they should give their MRCA a chance to at least get finalized & there LCA to be inducted atleast a squadron of it before they speak!

@ ice_man

I agree with you completely. We are not in a position to do any harm without getting into a full scale war with pakistan which IMHO neither the govt. of india, nor the indian population wants. And if that does happen, both sides will face significant losses which I do not want to get into.

hahaha terrorists camps .. berhamos... nice joke....

I feel you have not understood my premise. I meant that if a war starts, both sides will have the "green signal" so to speak to target opponents strategic targets/ assets. For pakistan, they may be the indian military (through your cruise missiles/ PAF/ artillary, etc). But I personally feel that in such a situation, india should first take the opportunity to target the said camps (which many in india view as pakistan's strategic assets against india) as such a war will be only possible avenue for us to pursue such an objective. India CANNOT take them out under the current status quo!

Last edited:
@ ice_man

I feel you have not understood my premise. I meant that if a war starts, both sides will have the "green signal" so to speak to target opponents strategic targets/ assets. For pakistan, they may be the indian military (through your cruise missiles/ PAF/ artillary, etc). But I personally feel that in such a situation, india should first take the opportunity to target the said camps (which many in india view as pakistan's strategic assets against india) as such a war will be only possible avenue for us to pursue such an objective. India CANNOT take them out under the current status quo!

I do not think that there will be a big complex for training which you will call target opponents strategic targets/ assets, just mud housing with no permanent structures and at the time of war, nobody will be there to receive your cruise missiles/ IAF/ artillary.

Sorry for that............ :smitten:

No war good for both...

If you like to call it my imagination, then I guess my imagination is coming true. If you can counter my statement, please do, that would be discussion.

Respect

actually ..i didnt get it..what to couter???...ur useless imagination & how is it coming true????;)

I feel you have not understood my premise. I meant that if a war starts, both sides will have the "green signal" so to speak to target opponents strategic targets/ assets. For pakistan, they may be the indian military (through your cruise missiles/ PAF/ artillary, etc). But I personally feel that in such a situation, india should first take the opportunity to target the said camps (which many in india view as pakistan's strategic assets against india) as such a war will be only possible avenue for us to pursue such an objective. India CANNOT take them out under the current status quo![/QUOTE]

SOLVE KASHMIR ISSUE AND WATER PROB ACCORDING TO YOUR PROMISES THEN THERE WILL BE NO SUCH THING AND PLZ STOP DAY DREAMING .... COME ON

I feel you have not understood my premise. I meant that if a war starts, both sides will have the "green signal" so to speak to target opponents strategic targets/ assets. For pakistan, they may be the indian military (through your cruise missiles/ PAF/ artillary, etc). But I personally feel that in such a situation, india should first take the opportunity to target the said camps (which many in india view as pakistan's strategic assets against india) as such a war will be only possible avenue for us to pursue such an objective. India CANNOT take them out under the current status quo

SOLVE KASHMIR ISSUE AND WATER PROB ACCORDING TO YOUR PROMISES THEN THERE WILL BE NO SUCH THING AND PLZ STOP DAY DREAMING .... COME ON!

You cannot seprate reality from fact, abt the advancement of IAF and what PAF has to do to counter them having said that ....

SOLVE KASHMIR ISSUE AND WATER PROB ACCORDING TO YOUR PROMISES THEN THERE WILL BE NO SUCH THING AND PLZ STOP DAY DREAMING .... COME ON

these issues will be solved by diplomats and not by ppl like u and me on such forums so there is no need to drag our legs there .......and everything else was described beutifully by Ice man in previous post

:cheers:

Last edited:

We will solve Kashmir but the solution won't be acceptable to you. And regarding the water issue, there is no issue. All the dams have been built in accordance with the Indus Water treaty and Govt of Pakistan knows that. There were some issues but they have been taken care of.

hahaha... again same indian jokes..... same is for campus .... your government know it can,t even think of surgical strike .....
and kashmir issue.... so forgetful indians are.....
water issue.. can only say there is no one better than india in matter of turning away from accords and promises..... dear recently your officials visiting pakistan themselves confessed about that.....
absurd statements like your deaf general

it so pity na u are looking for piece ... with such attitude....
mind u .. you are not a super power ... even if u becomes .. who cares......:pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom