What's new

Pakistan Air defense

I don't think fighters are good for interception because of reaction time. Pakistan should go for long range AD system. It will also make enemies to think about it before attacking.
Yes i am ok with you. But the fighters can play a role in interception, especially during a war into the pakistan territory, just like when one of your F16 shoot dowm the indian jet fighter. To complete the work of long range AD system.

You should buy chinese long range AD system.

Yes i am ok with you. But the fighters can play a role in interception, especially during a war into the pakistan territory, just like when one of your F16 shoot dowm the indian jet fighter. To complete the work of long range AD system.

You should buy chinese long range AD system.
Yes, both are equally important.
During 26th Feb, India sent so many fighters at multiple locations that it overwhelmed the PAF. If we had a long range AD system then, some of the areas would have been covered by AD system, the rest would have been intercepted by air force.

Look like Pakistan Army Air Defence strategy is to acquire short and medium range AD system, and for the threat in long range altitude, the fighters will handle it.

Isn't it ? Or you have plans to acquire long range system

Exactly, what is more, effective and affordable an S-300 missile or a J-7PG armed with AIML-9P?

Exactly, what is more, effective and affordable an S-300 missile or a J-7PG armed with AIML-9P?
It depend on a lot of thing. For a low intensity threat the more affordable is a J7 with AIM9P missile.
But in case of a hight intensity conflict the long range AD and the fighters interceptor fleet have to work together.

In Morocco we have the same AD strategy since years, short and medium AD systems and the fighters for the long range. But we plan to acquire a long range system in next years, chinese or US origin.

In case of AD, most members are concerned about long range of weapon system.

Factors like Detection (stealth/non-stealth) (Aircraft/Cruise or Ballistic missiles), Electronic warfare, Jamming, mobility of system (Pantsir Vs S-400), Radar, air defense against modern threat (drone attack), deployment of AD system (F-117 shot down) etc, are being sidelined.

@Inception-06
I have provided enough food for thought now.

I wonder, why Pakistan is not having any project for long range SAM system .
Acquisition of long range AD missile is also pending. Only available option is China, Europe or some how Russia.

For long range, fighters are better. What is after all the success rate of SAM system in real scenario ? has any s300 or s400 killed a fighter in syria and at what rate ?

IMG_4239.JPG

With Islamabad at max 50-60 miles or ~100 km from border deploying one system will cover 300 km radius (missile max range) or 400-500 km radius radar range, covers large area inside And outside of borders

To give idea Air distance between Islamabad and Peshawar is about 140 km and Islamabad and Lahore about 270 km and Islamabad and Gilgit 290 km and skardu ~300 km

Air distance between Karachi and Hyderabad is 140 km

Air distance between Lahore and sargodha os about 170 km

Similarly another system covering Karachi complex third one Sargodha complex and forth one spars reserve ?? Or may be gawadar

4 systems or 1 regiment is enough to cover majorly of strategic assets and populations centers

Not sure but I think one system is 500 mil so ~2 big one which means another 100 plus jf

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom