What's new

Pakistan agrees to depreciate rupee In talks with IMF

Still from where did this 20 % figure you quoted arrived with ?With all these number and your simplistic assumption of merely converting the exchange rate yet i am unable to figure out this 20% ?Please tell me two or three figures in your statement above to which by adding/subtracting/dividing i can get this 20% reduction in GDP

Its not my simplistic assumption, thats how economics work. That 20% is quoted for some believe pkr is overvalued by 20%. They estimate pkr to be around 125 by march 2018. Hence the similar reduction in dollar terms.

Its not my simplistic assumption, thats how economics work. That 20% is quoted for some believe pkr is overvalued by 20%. They estimate pkr to be around 125 by march 2018. Hence the similar reduction in dollar terms.
Starting from 105 to 110 and then jump to 125 to justify your magical 20%..I am saying it again "Show us how the economics fundamentals will play out in calculation that GDP will go down by 20%"..If you can quote 20% decline you must have some calculation behind this "economics work out"...I think you can't quote by calculation nor by any other source of your claim..No issue it happens when somebody with non-economics background randomly quote the figures for trolling..

Starting from 105 to 110 and then jump to 125 to justify your magical 20%..I am saying it again "Show us how the economics fundamentals will play out in calculation that GDP will go down by 20%"..If you can quote 20% decline you must have some calculation behind this "economics work out"...I think you can't quote by calculation nor by any other source of your claim..No issue it happens when somebody with non-economics background randomly quote the figures for trolling..

Go read the original post, the calculation of 20% was made on the presumption that rupee will fall to 125 per $. Its simple maths. Rupee falls by 20%, your nominal GDP in terms of rupee remains the same, hence when converted to dollars, ur nominal GDP falls by 20%.

May GOD give health to Ishaq Dar so that he can be arrested & brought back to Pakistan to punish him for his economic terrorism !!

Your GDP in national currency per imf in 2017 is 31862 billion rupees. At 105 exchange rate your GDP was 302 billion dollars. Because your rupee is going down, at 110 it'll come down to 290 billion dollars. Devaluation doesn't improve rupee circulation.

What is this, amateur hour?

What the other posters are arguing (and you are not understanding) is that economics is not cut and dry like that.

There are relationships that exist between economic fundamentals (look it up) and the economy will adjust accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour?

What the other posters are arguing (and you are not understanding) is that economics is not cut and dry like that.

There are relationships that exist between economic fundamentals (look it up) and the economy will adjust accordingly.

Talk is cheap.. You seriously has no idea of economics. You better keep away before you make fool of yourself. But your argument somehow makes sense how a FM gets away what he did to his economy.

I am not your economics teacher, there's enough articles in your own media on why pkr will go down by 20%. Don't be lazy, research and make a comment.

Talk is cheap.. You seriously has no idea of economics. You better keep away before you make fool of yourself. But your argument somehow makes sense how a FM gets away what he did to his economy.

The only person that has no understanding of economics is you. You are nothing but a dumb parrot.

Poor will get even more poorer. There is no fiscal plan for future is what it boils down to.
It is incredible with such great resources, this country has remained behind in every sense.

The only person that has no understanding of economics is you. You are nothing but a dumb parrot.

So you have nothing to add w.r.t to the economics except for name calling. You must be an intellect on PDF.

Devaluation is plain mathematics in action, gives you hard numbers, the recovery is where economic fundamentals come into play, and the adjustment (as you put it) may or may work given your export basket is all but textiles.

Last edited:
Devaluation is plain mathematics in action, gives you hard numbers, the recovery is where economic fundamentals come into play, and the adjustment (as you put it) may or may work given your export basket is all but textiles.
hahah..i guess you finally googled the topic. Good for you.

hahah..i guess you finally googled the topic. Good for you.

What did I google 'economic fundamentals'? I used the word as a sarcasm on my part. I guess you didn't understand what was written, and thought i agreed with you. How ignorant can you be.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom