What's new

Pakistan agrees to depreciate rupee In talks with IMF

Google for Big Mac index
It means you no nothing of economics...How many burgers will one buy in Pakistan and India with 50 USD ?Educate me how does it translate to reduction in 20% of GDP ? Neither original member showed any calculation nor you .

it's a popular type of street food in some parts of Pakistan, it's a burger with egg in it. The big mac index is a measure used to measure values of currencies and is built around the cost of the popular American burger. The thing with currency "power" is that is has greater relevance to the parts of the economy which requires imports/exports, but less of an impact on parts of the economy that don't really need imports or exports.

The anda burger was an example. The bun, the egg, the sauce, the salad, all made domestically. If we used domestic gas, it could be argued the fuel source is domestic too. The price of the anda burger shouldn't be impacted by currency value.

Unfortunately the economy isn't isolated like that, well some parts are, not all. Anything that required imported fuel will feel the pinch from a weaker rupee, but as someone said earlier, it should also encourage exports. It all depends on if we can made lemonade with our lemons.

[QUOTE="If poor people have only one kid, they would create concentration of wealth because the inheritance ratio is 2:1.
However, when poor people have eight kids the inheritance ratio is 2:6 or 2:8 - simply multiplication of poverty...[/QUOTE]

Here we have the solution to all the problem. Have one kid and no corruption and injustice.
Thanks

I'm sorry - my response was inappropriate but you are way out of line. Do you think people need to come from a wealthy background to live a decent life? That is the root cause of problems in Pakistan - everyone thinks they are owed something. Wealth is created - it is not finite and just passed on from generation to generation. All successful nations need to have an economic model where every citizen has the opportunity to create wealth from zero. Passing on wealth helps - but it should not be a pre-requisite to a decent quality of life.

Over the last half a century Pakistani's have become physically smaller, have poorer nutrition, have less education, live in poorer conditions and are unsafer than they ever were. This is not due to having too many people, it's due to the state not managing those people. There are 1 billion Chinese, they utilised those people and they went from burden to asset. The Indians across the border are doing the same. We have a comparatively tiny population, we fail to manage it and have failed to do so for at least 50 years!

This idea of there being not enough to go round, or just have less children to improve conditions is pushed by Europeans onto Asians and Africans to avoid the fact they have a disproportionate amount of the worlds wealth. If we industrialised like you suggested, we'd generate our own wealth. Yes it is easier if there is less people, but the number of people is not the problem, mismanagement of people is the problem!
But we should also remember that we have 0.2 million acres of cultivable land while China has nearly 1.7 million acres of cultivable land and their yield per acre is also superior.

But we should also remember that we have 0.2 million acres of cultivable land while China has nearly 1.7 million acres of cultivable land and their yield per acre is also superior.

I'm not sure those figures are correct but clearly the Chinese have much more land than we do.

Things to consider;
- why is our yield per acre so low. 21% of our GDP is from agriculture, we should be experts at it. We need less political scientists and poets and more people with degrees in Agriculture.
- We aren't we reclaiming land for farming? Israel is a model for this - they're doing wonderful things in the field of agriculture.

This is a sector we are seriously under utlising.

I'm not sure those figures are correct but clearly the Chinese have much more land than we do.

Things to consider;
- why is our yield per acre so low. 21% of our GDP is from agriculture, we should be experts at it. We need less political scientists and poets and more people with degrees in Agriculture.
- We aren't we reclaiming land for farming? Israel is a model for this - they're doing wonderful things in the field of agriculture.

This is a sector we are seriously under utlising.
Even if not exactly correct those figures are close I assure just a +-10% margin of error.
The Israelis are a hardworking people. We are lethargic and too much into enjoying comfort. To be amongst the best, we need to use our brains as well as break our bones.
And I am writing it lying in my warm bed. Irony!

you need education and than infrastructure not the other way around
as it is knowledge driven economy, this what most people dont understand
if you dont have knowledge than you for the time being need to stick with unskilled, semi skilled department which is for now mostly textiles

this explains how china from being poorer than Pakistan(ironically china was oil exporter than) and smaller economy than india in 1990 transferred to power house of the world today

Even if not exactly correct those figures are close I assure just a +-10% margin of error.
The Israelis are a hardworking people. We are lethargic and too much into enjoying comfort. To be amongst the best, we need to use our brains as well as break our bones.
And I am writing it lying in my warm bed. Irony!

Agreed - but if you are content and have done a days work, you are entitled to lie in a warm bed. :)

According to this World bank chart there are 362,000 sq km of agricultural land in Pakistan.

https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/AG.LND.AGRI.K2?locations=PK&view=chart&year_high_desc=true

I'm not sure i'm reading the data properly though. a sort on the table below it suggests Afghanistan has more agricultural land...lol

It means you no nothing of economics...How many burgers will one buy in Pakistan and India with 50 USD ?Educate me how does it translate to reduction in 20% of GDP ? Neither original member showed any calculation nor you .

Your GDP in national currency per imf in 2017 is 31862 billion rupees. At 105 exchange rate your GDP was 302 billion dollars. Because your rupee is going down, at 110 it'll come down to 290 billion dollars. Devaluation doesn't improve rupee circulation.

Your GDP in national currency per imf in 2017 is 31862 billion rupees. At 105 exchange rate your GDP was 302 billion dollars. Because your rupee is going down, at 110 it'll come down to 290 billion dollars. Devaluation doesn't improve rupee circulation.
Still from where did this 20 % figure you quoted arrived with ?With all these number and your simplistic assumption of merely converting the exchange rate yet i am unable to figure out this 20% ?Please tell me two or three figures in your statement above to which by adding/subtracting/dividing i can get this 20% reduction in GDP

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom